UPDATE 03-01-15 - I've moved to Seattle! Trailer is gone, truck is now in Redmond, WA just East of Seattle! Can arrange to meet people interested part-way, but work is work and this is now where the work is!
UPDATE 9-20-14 - Just installed PSC TC pump, new lines & steering cooler. Works perfect. Ran Swamp Lake trail in Mid September and it worked outstanding. This is a proven, sorted rig that's ready to go. Pics added below.
1984 Toyota Pickup SR5
Clean Title, CA Green Stickered thru June 2015.
Short bed, standard cab frame, wheelbase is about 110" with the 60's and suspension
- 22R, 120K showing on the odometer.
- Downey Header
- K&N Filter
- All smog equipment removed
- 2.25” custom exhaust into a magnaflow muffler, tucked up out of the way
- Newer plugs, wires, cap & rotor. Oil changed every 3K or 6 months
Before I bought the rig, the original long block was replaced with an 80K ’93 long block, and the ’84 accessories and carb were put back on. I’ve since put 15K on the truck, so there’s about 95K on the factory longblock.
- G52 trans, newer clutch master cylinder. Marlin poly seats and socket bushings.
- Marlin dual ultimate cases, purchased complete from Marlin 4 years ago. Maybe 5K miles on the cases. All 21 spline, 4.7’s in the rear case. Triple-drilled flanges.
- Sky’s adjustable dual case x-member. 1 stock case mount, 1 4xInnovations hard mount.
- Rear driveshaft is ¼” wall tube, non-CV. Balanced up to 60 mph, after that it’s a little wobbly.
- Front shaft is 1 1/8" solid stock square spline from Tractor Supply with CV. Body of the shaft is schedule 80 (1/4" wall). Lots of slip, very little play, worlds better than square receiver stock.
- Chevy Dana 60, new tubes, about 63" WMS.
- Dedenbear (Reid) Orange Knuckles
- Ruff Stuff 3/4" and 7/8" rod ends and .250" wall tubing for steering links
- 1" flat stock high-steer arms, drag link to the hi-steer, tie rod to the stock low steer location on the knuckles
- Brand new PSC assist steering kit with 8" stroke 1.5" ram, newly rebuilt late model IFS box tapped for hydro assist (purchased rebuilt and tapped from PSC). PSC TC style pump with all new hoses and lines and cooler.
- 5.13 gears, welded front carrier
- 35 spline chromo inners and outers (Yukon I believe), newer spicer u-joints
- Big vented Chevy disc brakes with lots of material on the pads, 5 on 5.5 outers, 35 spline drive slugs and caps.
- Ruff Stuff fully welded diff cover
- Sky's Toyota to Dana 60 flange for driveshaft.
- Semi-float Dana 60, 58" WMS. 2" Spacers on each side yields 62" total width to match the front. 5 on 5.5 outers.
- 5.13 gears, 40 spline Detroit Locker
- 40 spline Mark Williams semi-float axle shafts
- Chevy vented disc brakes, no e-brake
- Ruff Stuff welded diff cover
TIRES & WHEELS
- 37” x 17 x 13.50 Toyo Open Country MT's, 4 runs on them
- Raceline 17" aluminum true beadlocks, steel rock rings. Rash on the rings, wheels are in great shape.
- Spare 37” old MTR on a 15x8 Aluminum rim. Tire is 50% & grooved heavily, holds air.
- Toy rears up front, 6 leafs, 3” of lift or so, axle pushed forward about 2”.
- Rear suspension is 3” Marlin springs, about 2 years old, only 5 or so trips on them.
- Progressive poly bumpstops
- FOA 2.0x14” remote reservoir shocks all around valved for this truck, these are less than a year old. 6” of shaft at ride height and the bumps hit at about 3-4” so the shocks cannot bottom out.
- Body is mostly gone except for the cab and front clip.
- Fully built exo cage /front bumper/ bed area. All 1 ¾” x 1/8” wall HREW, except for some 1.5” x 1/8” non-structural items in the bed area. Probably the nicest lines in an exo I’ve seen. Ties in to the frame in multiple places, triangulated throughout, based on 2x3x1/4” tube steel sliders with 2x2x1/4” stickers to fishplates on the frame. Rocker area cut & removed to let the sliders be mounted as high up on the frame as possible. Door bars fully welded in. I built this cage with Aaron Beckstead (DangerRanger on Pirate 4x4), he’s done a dozen cages for his own and other’s rigs and they consistently perform well under “stress”
- Winch is a Smittybilt 8K, mount tied into cage and front crossmember. Its sucked way back for maximum approach angle.
- Radiator has been spaced back 1” towards the motor, still plenty of clearance to the fan. - Radiator armored with expanded metal in front of it so if anything ever broke during a winch pull it wouldn’t be damaged.
- Has buggy fenders in the pics, and I have a set of front full fenders fit over the cage from when it was street driven.
- Seats & sliders are out of a ’04 Civic. New 4 point harness on both front seats. SR5 cluster, with factory tach. Old CD player is there, but no speakers in truck.
- Vision X LED rock light kit.
This truck has done everything from Rubicon to Hammers, Hollister, Big Bear Trails, Shaver Lake trails, Moonrocks. The axles are way overbuilt for 37's, it could and has run 40's with ease. I've owned this truck since 2005 and built it from a mostly stock Toyota on 33's to what you see now. It just flat out works.
Rig comes with a bunch of spares, including a spare t-case, Dana 60 spindles, and lots of small parts. Also as part of the sale, I will include everything I have for an EFI swap. 22RE intake, manifolds, sensors, distributer, fuel lines, gas tank, computer, and almost a whole wiring harness from an EFI truck. It’s all there and I started laying it out in my garage, just not installed. The only thing I know isn't there is a fuel filter for the EFI lines.
$8000.00 or best offer for the Toyota, I’ll show it for serious buyers, PM or e-mail me at TriumphGL@juno.com
. Located in Clovis, CA..
Pics:Flickr: nononononono2009's Photostream