Author Topic: 2010 Roundup T-Shirt spotted at work 8-1-2012  (Read 1156 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
2010 Roundup T-Shirt spotted at work 8-1-2012
« on: Sep 02, 2012, 07:43:41 AM »
So, I decided to run to the deli and get lunch yesterday at work.  And usually, when the deli/retail section if very busy I just go in and out, and don't really look around.  Usually, I'm picking my line to get to the door the quickest way possible, while dodging people like rocks on a trail.  And just as I almost get to the door, I just happen to look over and spot a young man and his wife/gf sitting there, and he just happen to turn enough for me to spot that he is wearing a 2010 MarlinCrawler Roundup shirt.  I slam on the breaks, and immediately ask if went to the roundup.  Because, I have two shirts, but I wasn't at either one of them.  And he said yes.  So, I asked if he was a member here, and he gave me his name, but I can only remember he said something about A-something.  I told them I was Cheesemaker on the forum.  He immediately went into realization why my screenname is "Cheesemaker!"  :rofl2:  And then we proceeded to talk about our rigs. 

But, as quickly as I spotted them, and briefly chatted, I had to be on my way as my lunch hour was disappearing.  It's always awesome to see a Marlin sticker on a rig, or a Marlin bumper in a parking lot, but it's awesome to see a person and be able to have this immediate connection, like a brotherhood.  This is why I love this place!

And to the member I talked to, I'm sorry if I didn't catch your screenname, but it was awesome to chat with you briefly!!  You seemed way cool, and would love to hit a trail one day with you.  Maybe the next Roundup?

Cheesemaker
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
It's always awesome to see a Marlin sticker on a rig, or a Marlin bumper in a parking lot, but it's awesome to see a person and be able to have this immediate connection, like a brotherhood.  This is why I love this place!

know what ya mean, seen a dark flat green truck (85-87) with a  :turtle: on it sunday at port san lois. did not get a chance to talk or even look for the guy that was driving it butt it's aways nice to see them around.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Wow cool story! See, now you really don't have any excuses to miss another Round Up :rofl2:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki