Author Topic: to resistor, or not to resistor... that is the question!  (Read 1396 times)

Mega Baby Huey

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
to resistor, or not to resistor... that is the question!
« on: Mar 25, 2012, 10:37:11 AM »
ok... so i recently put a TRD locking axle under my '85 4runner and after burning up the motor a couple time i finally got the wiring right... but now the motor keeps getting jammed in the unlock position. After some research i think this might be caused by the motor spinning too fast. I read somewhere that some people put in resistors to slow it down so it doesn't jam... i was just wondering if anyone's had a similar problem, and if the motor spinning really is my problem... thanks...
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
If anybody has added a resistor what size to add?

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
by the way, here's the wiring diagram i used to wire it up. With my current set up, the motor should be getting the full 12v from the battery for both unlock and lock...

The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy