Author Topic: Great Fuel Tracking Website  (Read 826 times)

Mega Baby Huey

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
Great Fuel Tracking Website
« on: Mar 05, 2012, 10:58:24 AM »
So i don't know how many of you out there track your MPG on a regular basis, but for those of you that do, or at least want to, i suggest this site:

www.fuelly.com

It's a pretty neat little site. I like it because i can update via text message. So when i fill up i just send a text message with my Miles, Price, and Gallons and it adds it to my file automatically and sends me back a text message with my MPG and average MPG (you have to send it in that order, but it's easy to remember as MPG (Miles, Price, Gallon). For example: the text would be: 307,XXX 3.129 14.745 ...It works purdy slick...).  It also will show you all kinds of fancy statistics and information about your gas mileage.

And in case you've been tracking you gas mileage before, you can import it as a .csv file from excel.

Here's my mileage so far... not what i was hoping for, but better than nothing  :sheerterror:
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Great Fuel Tracking Website
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2012, 02:38:53 PM »
Kinda cool.  I've been doing it for years, in a small notebook I keep in my door panel.  Basically the same thing

Date  Odometer  cost of fill up gallons purchased and trip meter.

Its also my record book for oil changes and maintenance.

Does that site allow you to correct for tire size and so forth?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
Re: Great Fuel Tracking Website
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2012, 03:29:52 PM »
My dad taught me to do it in a notebook but I quickly lost the habit.  Then I started a job that I drove a lot so I started keeping track.  Emailing myself and putting the info in an excel spreadsheet.  Also keeping track of oil changes and such in the excel.  That is the one thing fuelly needs to offer is vehicle maintenance intervals too.

Sorry, no tire size calculations but I am sure you could figure it out to match exactly your vehicle.  Like say for every 10 miles you times it by 1.1 or something.  You could do the multiplication at the pump or alter it at a later date to know your getting the correct stats.