Author Topic: ANYONE RHYNO LINE THERE ENTIRE TRUCK??? PICS PLEASE OR LINKS  (Read 12462 times)

Makohon

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 83
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
i am really thinking of doing this to my truck.... not rhino liner but a similar product you can buy at the auto part stores!! but pretty much the same thing... honest opinions guys.. if it were a trail only rig i could care less what it looks like but shes my dd and want her to look perty also.... links and pics would be appreciated!! thanx!! :wave:  :beerchug:
91 std cab, flatbed, 35 mtr's, aussie, 5.29's, 4.7's, twin sticks

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
 :ha_ha: That would be somthing wouldn't it :eyebrow:  I had thought of that a while back, but never did it because when it gets damaged it will be a pain to fix. If you had an old Volkswagon you could do it up in orange and put a stem and leaves on top. Then put a Sunkist sticker on it. :ha_ha:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
Rhino Lining had a small packet about the stuff.  there was a toyota in there that had the fenders and bottom of the doors rhino lined.  It had it under that line that runs along the body and it moved up onto the fenders.  The truck was green and had black rhino lining if i remember right.

Mike D

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Male Posts: 1,902
  • Member since Jun '04
  • MMMMMMMMMM........
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
we did that hurcaliner crap on my bros bed and it absolutly sucks majorly.
87 runner, 4" trailmaster lift, 33" TSL/SX, 5.29's V6 e-locker, 22re that cost too much

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 4214
  • Male Posts: 1,030
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Thermobaric Urban Destruction
    • View Profile
we did that hurcaliner crap on my bros bed and it absolutly sucks majorly.
I agree, my buddy did that to his bed also and now it looks like  :pokinit:

b_ripper8

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 371
  • Male Posts: 275
  • Member since May '04
  • 3RZ-FE power is that much closer.
    • View Profile
I did my 87 short bed/reg cab completly with 2 gallons of herculiner I got for free over 2 years ago and it's holding up well. If your going to do it, use a ton of scotch bright pads on the paint first, then go right over it. Make sure you mask off everything well too, use 3 coats at least. I'd post pics but it's covered in snow.
In Progress: 3RZ-FE Swap Underway.

Currently: 87' 4Runner - SAS - 5.29's - welded rear - Dual 2.28 cases - Optima bluetop - round headlight conversion - FZJ80 grill - rattlecan paint job - trimmed fenders - Ranger hybrid springs front - Tacoma hybrid springs rear - schedule 160 drivelines 8" slip front - Marlin's crossmember - disk brake conversion

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
I did everything but my fenders and hood with the cheap auto parts store crap...if you are careful you can get it to look decent...dries nice and hard, stopped my rust problems...as said before, hit it with lots of scotchbrite, gouge it good, otherwise the stuff will peel off.  Also, do not put it on in the hot sun, it will ruin your roller.  I keep a gallon of it for touchups and don't care what I brush up against...wheelin ain't pretty man!
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
pictures people!!!! send me pics of ur rigs!!!!!! :wave:  :beerchug:

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
Rhino Lining had a small packet about the stuff. there was a toyota in there that had the fenders and bottom of the doors rhino lined. It had it under that line that runs along the body and it moved up onto the fenders. The truck was green and had black rhino lining if i remember right.
You are correct I remember it 2

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
Here some pix of mine Mind you it is dirty as he!! it looks as good as it did when I had it done this summer will be 2 years.

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
 :gap:

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
thanx dude but i want pics of the whole truck coverd!! if n e one of u guys got any!!??

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
I ponderd doing that myself but if it gets muddy it will get ashie lookin' You know what I mean :smack:

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
I have found that the big truck washing brushed work real well for cleaning the truck, liner ruins sponges though...sorry I haven't taken any new pictures since the "paintjob".
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
I saw a full size early 80s suburban that Line-Xed the entire truck, It looked pretty sick.  The only thing I would worry about is going with a name brand that is proven and not a knock off brand.  THey generally dont hold up as well and willmake your truck look like  :pokinit: just my  :twocents:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
I got a true Rhino liner and it is some tuff stuff a buddy if mine done the bed of his truck w/a knock off and he used a scotch bright and everything just like the  :haha: destructions said and it still started to flake off :tantrum:

MidgetMike

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 55
  • Male Posts: 668
  • Member since Sep '04
  • My 83 soon to be the sh%*
    • View Profile
Dude home depot sell's black primer for 99 cents a can that's about as cheap and durable as a paint job gets.
Sounds like more tree huggin hippie bull :pokinit:

crawlingturtle

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 640
  • Male Posts: 147
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Does Rhyno liner come in just black?  If you did the whole rig it would get kinda hot wheelin in the summer. 
The EVIL TURTLES are taking over!!!

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
Does Rhyno liner come in just black? If you did the whole rig it would get kinda hot wheelin in the summer.
no you can get it in any color ya want but it cost about 100$ more to do a bed that is. Some dealers ONLY have black. And if you decide to get it done ask dealer for references TRUST ME !!! I had My F150 done in Jacksonville NC and he FLUCKED it up! And each dealer is indapendant so if he screws it up HE (according to rhinoliner the Co.)Is responsable for making it right NOT the Co. My Yoda was done in Raleigh,NC they done a fantastic job :thumbs:

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
about how much is it to just get the bed done??

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
about how much is it to just get the bed done??
best I can remember around 450$ but worth every dime :thumbs:

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
theres another thing i would think about first depending on how thick it is it could add a fair amount of weight to the truck when its covering the entire truck just a thaught :twocents:

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
You wouldn't need it very thick...mabe a little thicker on the sides. :haha: Jus think you could go through a brick wall and not scratch your truck.  :talkingn:

Roktoys84

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 69
  • Member since Feb '04
  • Git'r done
    • View Profile
I've seen several trucks around here that are completely rhino lined and I think it's ugly. Now flat black is another story...  :love:

Just my  :twocents:
Size doesn't matter... yet.

A good friend will bail you out, but your best friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was f---ing awesome."

ezthere

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -11
  • Member since Feb '04
  • 85 4runner, worked 4.3L V6. 300HP.
    • View Profile
I did my entire chassis Line-X  $250 bicks ..looks good. I can always use a power washer to clean it....This :pokinit: is heavy though...Go with the primer for home depot.. :twocents:
Chuck

toy87

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -408
  • Male Posts: 175
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I have considered lining my entire  truck as well, an in my search found this place Durabak, this is the link to their site with pics of entire trucks painted with there product, hope it helps. http://www.nonslipcoating.com/scratchguard.htm my opinon it looks pretty good but its kinda wierd to have a textured body. ohh well, its what you pay for having a tough paint job
EVIL TURTLES LOVE ME

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Theres a older Chevy Suburban in Chico thats rollin around and everything is Rhino Lined black. It looks pretty neat. Its weird seeing it textured. The website that toy87 gave you is pretty cool cause thats what burban looked like. I stripped my interior to nothin and was going to use Duplicolor for the interior but i got low on money
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
I've done the interior of my '92 x-cab, I even molded in a 2 piece console out of a 4-runner
That's how I roll

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
I am having my entire 89 1 ton chev sprayed professionally in Rhino Liner as soon as I can find something to tow my truck down to Iowa. I repaired the rust and found it cheaper to have it sprayed in Rhino liner than to have it painted. It is going to cost 1400$ for my chev so I am guessing a toy would be much cheaper. I am thinking of having my toy sprayed too when I get the cash. I will post pics when I get them.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
I have also seen a number of trail trucks sprayed rhino at 4 wheel events and they looked really awesome. Mostly guys that spray it themselves and run parades with the trucks.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough