Author Topic: Family and Friends Deeply Saddened by A Tragic Accident...  (Read 5946 times)

yotarunner85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Male Posts: 166
  • Member since Nov '09
  • San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
I am extremely sad to say that my younger brother Tyler Sprout was killed on July 4th 2011, he was only 32 years old.   Tyler was the passenger in a 1976 Jeep that was being driven by a heavily intoxicated person.  They were driving off road, ALONE,  North of Blythe off Highway 95 when the Jeep rolled killing my brother who was not wearing his seat belt.  PLEASE stress the importance of wearing a seat belt and NOT driving while under the influence to all of your friends and family.  We don't want any other families to go through the misery that ours is going through now and always.  Below are a couple of links to the news articles. 

http://paloverdevalleytimes.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubsectionID=1&ArticleID=15657

http://ranchosantamargarita.patch.com/topics/Tyler+Sprout

R.I.P. Tyler Sprout  December 10, 1978- July 4th, 2011 
We Miss You and Love You Always!
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2012, 08:36:35 PM by yotarunner85 »
1985 Toyota 4Runner, BFG 35" MTs, 4" lift, Detroits lockers front & rear,5.29, V6 rear, rebuilt 22RE.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
I am sorry for your loss man.   :down:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Man, I am truly sorry.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
The hardest lesson one can learn.... my condulances to yourself, family and friends   :down:
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
PLEASE stress the importance of wearing a seat belt and NOT driving while under the influence to all of your friends and family. 
Agreed 100%....  following this advice will absolutely save lives. My condolences to you and your family. Nobody should have to deal with situations like this.
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
Having lost my brother to completely different circumstances, this hurts just to read and know of knowing how you feel and what you're going through right now.  :down:   So sorry for your loss and hope brighter days will be in the very near future for you and your family and all those who were close to him!  :angel:

yotarunner85 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '09
  • San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
I want to thank everyone for your support. This has been a nightmare for me and my family that we can't wake up from.
1985 Toyota 4Runner, BFG 35" MTs, 4" lift, Detroits lockers front & rear,5.29, V6 rear, rebuilt 22RE.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Having lost my brother to completely different circumstances, this hurts just to read and know of knowing how you feel and what you're going through right now.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Tommy :down:

I'm sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to your family.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Dondee

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 36
  • Member since Jun '09
  • Rock Freaks
    • View Profile
Sorry for your loss and my thoughts go out to you and your family.

yotarunner85 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '09
  • San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
I hope others will learn from this. Drinking and driving just don't mix, on road or off. It's just not worth the risk.

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
that just sucks man i'm sorry to hear. i use to stop my runner on the trail and make sure people had their seat belts on or i would not move
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

yotarunner85 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '09
  • San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
Update. As some of you know my brother was killed by a drunk driver July 4 2011. This has devastated my family. We have been going to every court session the last year and a half in Blythe and Indio. I just got home from sentencing today and through out the court process I have learned our court system... well  :wall: could use some work. The last year and a half has been an emotional roller coaster and has especially hard on my parents.  We hoped for a harsher sentence, but are well, ok with the out come for the most part. The piece of  :censored: was sentenced to 180 days in jail, suspended drivers licence for 3 years, 3 years probation with no drugs or alcohol, has to ware an alcohol monitoring bracelet, attend DUI classes, and because he was charged with a felony he can't own a firearm for life.

I miss my brother tremendously.  Please be safe and don't drink and drive on or off the road.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Update. As some of you know my brother was killed by a drunk driver July 4 2011. This has devastated my family. We have been going to every court session the last year and a half in Blythe and Indio. I just got home from sentencing today and through out the court process I have learned our court system... well  :wall: could use some work. The last year and a half has been an emotional roller coaster and has especially hard on my parents.  We hoped for a harsher sentence, but are well, ok with the out come for the most part. The piece of  :censored: was sentenced to 180 days in jail, suspended drivers licence for 3 years, 3 years probation with no drugs or alcohol, has to ware an alcohol monitoring bracelet, attend DUI classes, and because he was charged with a felony he can't own a firearm for life.

I miss my brother tremendously.  Please be safe and don't drink and drive on or off the road.

I'm sorry that your family had to relive the loss of your brother. I hope that sentencing can bring you closure and that you can finally lay him to rest without the shadow of court hanging over your shoulders. My heart goes out to your folks.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Teran H.

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 44
  • Member since Oct '12
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
sorry for your loss man!  RIP  :down: