Author Topic: 85 ext cab swap on std cab frame, REBUILT 3rz, narrowed 60's, 42 iroks.  (Read 24280 times)

crawln503

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 85
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Got it running and it rips HAARRRDDDD :smokin:

I MIGHT be wheeling this Sunday at Browns camp I just need to get everything dialed in.
-85 ext cab swap on std Toyota frame, 3rz, built narrowed 6 lug 60's duals/4.7 42's iroks
-94 Ford CCLB 12v. 6spd, pump cranked, guages, lifted & lots of other mods:smokin:
-89 ext cab Toyota, 3.4, 5spd on 33's

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
thanks for the text back  :slap:

Lol Sorry dog

I don't like to have my iPhone around me when I work on my rig. I've broken 3 Driods while working on my rig and with this iPhone 4 I don't want to take a chance. Lol
-85 ext cab swap on std Toyota frame, 3rz, built narrowed 6 lug 60's duals/4.7 42's iroks
-94 Ford CCLB 12v. 6spd, pump cranked, guages, lifted & lots of other mods:smokin:

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
But who's all going this Sunday again???

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
any specs on the rigs?

And what time are you meeting up there?

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
what springs are you running on your truck again?

Front: 86 Turbo rears with 2 leafs added.

Rear: Chevy 63's.

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
did u do the balance shaft deleate?
i did that to my 96 3rz in my 4runner, and it pulls hard
i looked into the kit, and decieded to save my money, all u have to do is leave the balance shaft chain off, and save about $100

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
did u do the balance shaft deleate?
i did that to my 96 3rz in my 4runner, and it pulls hard
i looked into the kit, and decieded to save my money, all u have to do is leave the balance shaft chain off, and save about $100

I bought the engine with it installed. It has the LC balance delete shaft.

I haven't wheeled it yet cause of work hours and not enough snow but I can't to rip on it soon.

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Update.

I have the 3rz dialed in and running tits :boobs: I love it just waiting for some decent snow :crazy:

But I got a offer that I couldn't pass up on my Turbo Tyotoa so I traded it for this 87 Toyota ae86 GTS fully built. Black Top 20v swap, on coilovers, 15x9 wheels, Buddy Club exhaust all I need to do is weld the rear diff :gap:
Here's some pics of it.

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
those wheels good so much better

pumkin toy

• Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
sick car dude! weld it up and drift it!
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Sheeeshhhh it's been awhile since my last update. I've been really busy with work, recently got married, new house and working on my other projects :crazy:
Here's some pics from browns camp a month ago.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
you running like no lift in back?

dig the truck man. :beerchug:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Really cool build :eye: :eye:

How does the 3RZ compare to the 22R-TE?

Also, you can't tell us about a 20-valve swap in the Corolla and then not include any pictures. That is against forum rules :yupyup: Post em up sucka!! What are the smog requirements in WA? None? Sniff only?

Thanks
Mike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
we are from Oregon and its pretty much sniff only its SUPER easy to pas deq here

builttoabuse

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -33
  • Male Posts: 498
  • Member since Aug '11
  • toy obsessed
    • View Profile
well here's some pics with the new cage and alil update.........

and for the update 86 22ret 5spd :gap:

I picked it up for $1,800 with a rebuilt engine it has a stock turbo but that will quickly change I just bought a CT26 turbo. Now I'm looking for an adapter for it but I dont want to drill the holes out to make it fit, with my luck I'll mess it up.

I'm digging that cage sick build
toy obsessed!

I.D.G.A.F

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 306
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
how much up travel do you have? what size springs? Im diggin how low it is

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
I have IFS rears up front and chevy 63's in the rear with two springs and it flexes pretty good. I frenched the rear hanger and moved the axle back 1"

I have about 4" of up travel in the front and close to 5" of up travel in the rear.

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Really cool build :eye: :eye:

How does the 3RZ compare to the 22R-TE?

Also, you can't tell us about a 20-valve swap in the Corolla and then not include any pictures. That is against forum rules :yupyup: Post em up sucka!! What are the smog requirements in WA? None? Sniff only?

Thanks
Mike

It was a night and day difference with the 3rz. My wife even noticed it couple weeks ago at browns camp. Lol she's like I have noticed that the truck revs a lot higher then before and has more power.  :laugh:

But I sold the AE86 to my brother-in-law hella cheap because his parents paid for our wedding and they didn't have enough cash to buy him a car for his 18th birthday after our wedding. So I accepted payments from them and six months later someone stole it from his high school parking lot. We watched the video from his high school security cameras and it only took the guy 5 seconds to get in and drive off  :maddest: It's been two months and still haven't found it.  :down:

Here's some pics of the car. RIP  :inthedark:

This was the last pic I took before it got jacked.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
video doesnt show who did it huh?
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Nope. It was all blurry and we couldn't tell who it was because he parked pretty far from the cameras. I told him never talk about what you have under the hood, never leave your car alone more then couple hours or at least check on it and park where it's most visible for people to see it if something like this happens they can possibly stop it.  :crossed:

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Thank you for the comparison of the 3RZ.

Sucks about the Corolla. Definitely like the engine picture. Toyota's finest 1.6-liter ever made in my opinion.

I know I'm preach'n to the choir but theft is a serious concern for 80s Toyotas due to the ease of key fitment across platforms & generations. For my 1987 MR2, I have a 3/4-mile range two-way car alarm, a club, and one kill switch that are all used wherever I park, even if it's at my buddies house or just to pick something up from a gas station (good practice to always keep the safe habits). For long term storage, ie more than a day out of my care, I use a second kill switch external to the cab.

Call me excessive all ya want, I call it enjoying my first ever & favorite car since Jan 31, 1999. Car theft is bad here in the central valley so I am fortunate that over the last 13 years I've only lost a radio.

Best of luck in finding it. What a shame to loose one with that rare & majestic engine.

Regards,
BigMike

Sent via Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2013, 10:53:22 PM by BigMike »

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Went wheeling couple weeks ago and got stuck in hole close to 4ft deep oh and I got 37's on the fummins!

My buddy got stuck first then tried winching himself out but his battery wasn't giving enough power and killed his truck so I had to jump him and that's how I got stuck and my warn winch remote went missing so we had to dig each other out :smack:

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Oh and I got awesome news! I found the corolla :beer: :beer: :beer:
He posted my wheels on Craigslist and I was going to text him about the wheels and possibly see if he has other parts of mine but right when I typed his number in my iPhone his name came up on my contact list and it was the original owner that I traded the turbo toyota for the AE86. So I quickly called the cops and they stopped by his house and found my corolla chopped up into 40 pieces :inthedark: everything was there except my wheels and tires.

I'm so stoked its over! well, now I have to go to court but I'm happy the car was found :beer: :beer: :beer:

nisota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 608
  • Member since Feb '12
  • Wonsyld/Leard Built Fab
    • View Profile
Awesome truck, Sorry to hear about the corolla though, Just read through the whole thing.  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:

SloCrawler

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -116
  • Male Posts: 1,333
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60800.msg856812#msg856812
Same thing happend to a friend, he took them to court and had all receipts of mods to his car. He ended up getting twice the blue book back, they guy couldnt afford it so the court put him on payments to my friend. Good Luck

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
wow, what a crook!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

builttoabuse

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -33
  • Male Posts: 498
  • Member since Aug '11
  • toy obsessed
    • View Profile
Went wheeling couple weeks ago and got stuck in hole close to 4ft deep oh and I got 37's on the fummins!

My buddy got stuck first then tried winching himself out but his battery wasn't giving enough power and killed his truck so I had to jump him and that's how I got stuck and my warn winch remote went missing so we had to dig each other out :smack:

why do you run your shackle angle like that down travel? isnt that really bad up travel? trucks sick!
toy obsessed!

crawln503 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Lol with that shackle angle I haven't noticed anything bad and it flexes pretty good.

But I bought another Toyota and my plans are to swap my axles, drive terrain, finish the cage and link the front. I've bought all my link material except the steering because idk if I'm running full hydro it just depends on the funds. Lol

I wanna build my rear cage like this

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Really cool donor. Regarding the rear shackle angle, you'll get more down travel but will suffer in high traction climbs do to the rear end standing and unloading repeatably.

BigMike

pumkin toy

• Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
sweet new rig dude, I love xtra cabs!  Plus its got sick woody graphics on the side, I would rock those for sure!
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823