Author Topic: Guess it time to stop lurking and start contributing!  (Read 3431 times)

Bigredwelder

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 67
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
Guess it time to stop lurking and start contributing!
« on: Apr 07, 2011, 07:01:17 PM »
Hello!  Well, obviously I'm a new member to the forum.  Definitely not new to wheelin' though.  I've been a member over on Pirate since 2006 after lurking for a couple years and don't post a whole lot, as I usually spend most of my free time in the garage.

Wanted to join here as there seems to be quite a few good people on here and there is good tech.

Hailing from Southern Colorado!

Current rig is a '94 Xtra cab, SAS'd, Bobbed, Dual Cases, Elocker Rear, Grizzly Front, 5.29's, 37" Krawlers
Tungsten isn't filler material!  Quit dippin' it!

Some people are like a slinky....not really good for anything, but they sure can make you smile when you shove them down the stairs!

4RunnerChevy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 1,426
  • Member since Sep '08
  • Santa Cruz Mountains
    • View Profile
    • Santa Cruz Wheelers
 :welcome: to   :turtle:

toe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -60
  • Male Posts: 1,693
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
Me

Bigredwelder [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
Thanks fellas!    :greengrin:

Some people are like a slinky....not really good for anything, but they sure can make you smile when you shove them down the stairs!

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -171
  • Male Posts: 1,660
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
Pics of the rig?

Bigredwelder [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
I have some older ones, but I'll have to see what I can do about taking a couple new ones since I've been wanting to anyway.  I'll try to get some posted up tomorrow.

Bigredwelder [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
91 ex-cab, Your rigs coming along nicely!  I remember :drooling: at the first post(s) you made with it coming off the trailer.

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
91 ex-cab, Your rigs coming along nicely!  I remember :drooling: at the first post(s) you made with it coming off the trailer.
Thank you. Been a long problem filled project but i'm learning a heck of a lot and I can't wait to get it on the trail this summer :beerchug:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
 :welcome:  II   :turtle:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Bigredwelder [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
It'll be a fairly long trip for me, but I'm planning on attending the Marlin Roundup this year.  Looks like a lot of fun and have read about it since it first started.  Will be my first trip to the 'con.  I've wheeled all the major trails in Colorado and New Mexico, but never made it out to Cali.  Is there anyone else from Colorado planning on attending???

IMMUDDY

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 329
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
Welcome to Marlin Bud. See you at the Round-Up
If I hit it just right, I might make it.

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
It'll be a fairly long trip for me, but I'm planning on attending the Marlin Roundup this year.  Looks like a lot of fun and have read about it since it first started.  Will be my first trip to the 'con.  I've wheeled all the major trails in Colorado and New Mexico, but never made it out to Cali.  Is there anyone else from Colorado planning on attending???
I've been on the con many times, but this will be my first Mcr. Check the official roundup thread to see if any groups are coming from Co.

Bigredwelder [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
I've been on the con many times, but this will be my first Mcr. Check the official roundup thread to see if any groups are coming from Co.

Will do!  Theres a couple guys from my local club thinking about going, but they're not for sure.  Would be nice to have someone to travel with considering my horrible luck!  I've had more freak things happen on the road than off.  :shake:

yoshaleng

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 134
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
 :welcome: II  :turtle:

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
Will do!  Theres a couple guys from my local club thinking about going, but they're not for sure.  Would be nice to have someone to travel with considering my horrible luck!  I've had more freak things happen on the road than off.  :shake:
Ya I know how that goes. Just do your walk arounds and make sure everything is up for the trip, and hopefully we will be seeing you there.

Bigredwelder [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
Ya I know how that goes. Just do your walk arounds and make sure everything is up for the trip, and hopefully we will be seeing you there.

Heck, I'm not worried about my rig.  Its good to go! 

It the other random crap I have "great" luck with.  For example, on my last road trip to Iowa, I was cruising across Nebraska at about 10:00 at night when the drivers side of my windshield was completely shattered (spiderwebed) due to being hit by a FISH!!!   :jawdrop:   I'm not joking!  Only thing I can figure is we were near a lake and the fish was dropped by a Pellican (but what the heck was a pelican doing flying around at 10:00 at night?).

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
Heck, I'm not worried about my rig.  Its good to go! 

It the other random crap I have "great" luck with.  For example, on my last road trip to Iowa, I was cruising across Nebraska at about 10:00 at night when the drivers side of my windshield was completely shattered (spiderwebed) due to being hit by a FISH!!!   :jawdrop:   I'm not joking!  Only thing I can figure is we were near a lake and the fish was dropped by a Pellican (but what the heck was a pelican doing flying around at 10:00 at night?).
:talkingn: Ya thats something.

Muddytazz

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -10
  • Male Posts: 396
  • Member since Jan '11
  • I hear voices in my head!
    • View Profile
 :welcome::turtle:
Build it right or get off the trail

Bigredwelder [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas!  Sure wouldn't get this nice of a welcome on some other boards!   :wave:

Bigredwelder [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
Well, as promised, here are a couple pics of my rig mid-build.  It has quite a bit more done to it now, but I can't find my camera to take more pics. so these will have to suffice for now.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2011, 12:27:48 PM by Bigredwelder »

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
Nice rig man. Makes me want to get rid of my dana 60s and go back to toyotas :gap:

Jokeass-Wheelers

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 429
  • Member since Aug '10
  • toyota 4X4
    • View Profile
That's one pretty nice truck looks good and :welcome: to   :turtle:
11 Jokeass-wheelers 7
1985 Toyota 4runner 22re 4x4 5:29 38in tsl's
IF IT LOOKS LIKE A PIG SMELLS LIKE A PIG IT MIGHT BE A PIG

Bigredwelder [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
Thanks fellas!  I don't plan to ever go to 60's with this one.  I love the light weight of the Yota stuff.  If I end up with bigger axles, I would probably end up going with HI9's and Ruff Stuff housings.

79yota4x

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 127
  • Member since Feb '11
    • View Profile
 :welcome: nice rig! :thumbs:
Get oN iT anD Stay on iT
79 pickup doved, locked, half cage, boggers
88 ext pickup linked with fox airs up front, 39.5 iroks,Beadlocks, 5.29s, 4.7s, chromolys, 6shooters, hp arb,  spool and 56 chevys in the rear

Bigredwelder [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
 Woo-Hoo!  Finally got registered for the roundup.  I'm stoked!!   :driving:

4Runner_kid

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -79
  • Male Posts: 302
  • Member since Jun '10
    • View Profile
Welcome
1992 Toyota 4Runner: Trail Gear Front Bumper, WARN M8000, 1st Gen 4Runner Roll Bar, Back Up Light, K&N Intake, Magna Flow Exhaust, 15x8 Crager Soft 8's, 32x11.50R15 BFG KM2's, JDM Surf Inclinometer, Aisin IFS Hubs.