Author Topic: Gun Control (as as result of the shooting in AZ)  (Read 9983 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Gun Control (as as result of the shooting in AZ)
« on: Jan 14, 2011, 10:40:10 AM »
First, I am not a gun owner however I fully support the 2nd amendment and respect what others choose to do for their hobbies.

With all this talk about increasing gun control, I think we should also increase restriction on silverware for making people fat and also we should ban drivers licenses since cars have a well known history of killing people.

If anything, all this gun control talk is shifting my view that I am now more inclined to take a gun safety class, get a weapons permit, and then buy myself a gun.

Discuss :beerchug:

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

madhunt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 490
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
 people kill people, punish the people not there tools.
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

GNasty 82

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 994
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Nov '09
  • Get Nasty!!!
    • View Profile
people kill people, punish the people not there tools.

I'll play.

I agree whole heartedly that people kill people.  It doesn't matter whether it's terrorists using an airplane (or bomb), or some messed up kid with a gun, it's still the PERSON(s) that operates the device and makes the decision to use said device against another person.  That being said, there will always be people killing others for some reason or another until the human race is extinct.  More control is NOT the answer.  If someone wants to kill someone, do you honestly think they're going to let a punity gun control law stand in the way of them committing murder?  As the terrorists have shown in recent times, every time the TSA bans something from the plane, they find something else, that isn't banned, to try and cause harm.

It all goes back to a little saying I have:  "Anything created by mankind, can be broken (or circumvented) by mankind."  Also, just because I'm fond of the saying "Only law abiding citizens obey laws."

Anyway, that's my :twocents:
82 Toyota SR5 Pickup
  Marlin Dual Ultimate
  Front 5.29 LC HP Elocker
  Rear 5.29 Grizzly Locker
  BFG 37" KM2s
  Custom rear frame and flatbed
  Propane Powered.

Build Thread:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64521.0

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."-Thomas Jefferson

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
What gets me is, why do ignorant lawmakers think that a criminal will follow gun laws? They couldnt or wouldnt follow the laws that turned them into criminals.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
It's kind of like my Dad's saying about locks....   "Locks only keep the HONEST people out."   If someone is bent on doing something, they're most likely going to do it one way or another. 
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
"Only law abiding citizens obey laws."

why do ignorant lawmakers think that a criminal will follow gun laws? They couldnt or wouldnt follow the laws that turned them into criminals.

"Locks only keep the HONEST people out."

:yesnod:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I'm with you Mike; every bit of new legislation that's pushed through against firearms and their owners makes me want to purchase more and more.  I already have several shotguns and rifles but no pistols, though I have purchased some pistol ammo for calibers I'd like to buy since you'll soon have to leave a finger print and be limited in how much you can buy  :shake:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Stocker

• Online Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Every time some damn fool uses a gun while creating a tragedy, the gun-control zealots crawl out of the woodwork and renew their call for more laws. If the criminals making the headlines weren't breaking existing laws in the first place, there'd be nothing to report.
I don't understand the idea that more laws will keep madmen or criminals from doing what they do.

I agree that all this press makes me think about buying ammo for the .357. I'm even becoming a bit more interested in a semi-auto sidearm. Hmmmmmmmm.  
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 62
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Truth... Justice... Honor...
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
 :eye: :eye:
"Who let the jeeps come?
Easy... easy..." -2 people on the CB

81 Toy Pickup SR5
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35701.0

Daily Driver: 96 Dodge Ram 2nd DD/Tow Rig

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Jan, that is a hilarious picture.  :laugh:

Its funny I should happen upon this topic as I am sitting here wearing this shirt:

85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Those who want them will still get them, they were talking about making a law that you could not come within a certain distance from a congressman if you had a gun. Huh, that sure makes sense. If I were hellbent on killing one I would be sure to follow the law and shoot at him/her from the required distance.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

CruzrDave

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 441
  • Male Posts: 4,631
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
These laws are getting out of control. However I personal know more people who pregnant dog about it then actual try to do anything about it. I get these stupid emails and phone calls about topics like this, all I ever ask is what have you done to protect your 2nd admin right? Have you contributed any financial assistance to any organization that protects your rights? Gun control laws are passed because of people supporting organizations that are in favor of more restriction.

Save you 2nd admin rights click here: Protect your 2nd Amendment Rights

NRA member and financial supporter since 1997, Life member since 2007.
Taking back America, one part at a time! :madeinusa:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I may be a simpleton, but, I don't see any...ANY, gray areas here.

I don't see any exception for shotgun barrel length, magazine capacity or rate of fire. In my view this says...If I have the wherewithal, I have every right to have an A1 Abrams in the driveway.

If politicians, on any/every level, and law enforcement organizations played as fast and loose with the 1st amendment as they do with the second...the Left would be crapping squealy worms over it.

Either all amendments are sacred or none of them are.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

GNasty 82

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 994
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Nov '09
  • Get Nasty!!!
    • View Profile
If politicians, on any/every level, and law enforcement organizations played as fast and loose with the 1st amendment as they do with the second...the Left would be crapping squealy worms over it.

Either all amendments are sacred or none of them are.

Well said   :thumbs:
82 Toyota SR5 Pickup
  Marlin Dual Ultimate
  Front 5.29 LC HP Elocker
  Rear 5.29 Grizzly Locker
  BFG 37" KM2s
  Custom rear frame and flatbed
  Propane Powered.

Build Thread:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64521.0

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."-Thomas Jefferson

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
agreed. i think larry the cable guy put it best a few years ago "if guns kill people then i can blame misspelled words on my pencil!"
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Gun control means never having to say I missed you.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
"A well REGULATED militia,

In high school I freind of mine had a grand mother with a very old dictionairy. he showed me that in that dic. REGULATED had more than one meaning, one was for firearms. today we call it "sighing in" i.e. being able to hit what your trying to.
changes how you read the sec.adm.

A militia that CAN hit the broad side of a barn being necessary to the secrity of a free state.......

let the ppl practice.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
The term militia (pronounced /mɨˈlɪʃə/[1]) is commonly used today to refer to a military force composed of ordinary citizens[2] to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
This is from the current US code. I remember, but can't find right now, other Parts and Chapters that referred to the respective responsibilities assigned to each state government and to the federal government in regards to training and arming of the militia. IIRC, the Feds were supposed to arm the militia with current issue weapons and the states were assigned the training.

TITLE 10 > Subtitle A > PART I > CHAPTER 13 > § 311
Prev | Next § 311. Militia: composition and classes
How Current is This? (a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Tofudude

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -31
  • Member since Jun '10
    • View Profile
This is what i told a fellow class mate, (she was for gun control), if i kill someone with your high heels, should they also ban heels for being dangerous or weapons.

zipped her mouth quick   :greengrin:

people kill people.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
This is what i told a fellow class mate, (she was for gun control), if i kill someone with your high heels, should they also ban heels for being dangerous or weapons.

zipped her mouth quick   :greengrin:

:haha:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Archie says it best   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLjNJI54GMM&feature=related

and this one has always made me roll in the floor  :rofl:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJyQn5-_Lmw
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2011, 05:38:44 PM by 79coyotefrg »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
I have a thought, as a spin off of this thread.

Gabby is the Representative from my district. How long can she stay out? I know numerically her absence works in my favor...but, I think especially since the last election was so recent (and victory so narrow) Arizona needs to have a special election.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

87hillbillyoter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
:usa:
1987 SAS'ed toyota 4x4 pickup 22re swap
build up- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75111.0
:usa:

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
YEA ban guns good idea that way all the law abiding citizens are with out protection and that leaves only the criminals to have guns...do they honestly thing the criminals are just going to hand them over and say here ya go ha they can pry my guns from my cold dead body
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
YEA ban guns good idea that way all the law abiding citizens are with out protection and that leaves only the criminals to have guns...do they honestly thing the criminals are just going to hand them over and say here ya go ha they can pry my guns from my cold dead body

Yes they do.

yota4x4sc

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 596
  • Member since Oct '10
  • Santa Cruz, CA
    • View Profile
    • My YOTA Pics (click here)
can anyone tell me why california has some of the strictest gun laws anywhere???????????
:usa: 92 xcab, full width, 39.5 boggers, beadlocks, 60 f arb 5.86s , 60 r spool , duals, 4.7 rear... 3.sl0, bobed , all pro 6 inch leafs f and r :usa:

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
can anyone tell me why california has some of the strictest gun laws anywhere???????????

It all starts with San Francisco.... and Los Angeles.