Author Topic: Gun Control (as as result of the shooting in AZ)  (Read 9976 times)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Its a communist state.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Its a communist state.

Hey hey hey, we're not all commies here damnit. :gap:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

David

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 218
  • Male Posts: 263
  • Member since Jan '03
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
Can't buy pistol ammo in Komiefornia now without a background check.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile

It was ruled unconstitutional.

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=6086
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

yoshaleng

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 134
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
No matter how much you beat it into these law makers thick heads...they can't seem to understand that it's people that kill people, not the guns. It's not like once that law kicks in, all the unlawful guns on the street will magically disappear.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
That's only partially true.  Moreover, some people are scared of guns or just plain don't like them, have hidden agendas, and use their standing or position to carry out their personal agendas.  Happens from the bottom to the top and on both sides.

I just bought 100 .38 special rounds the other day in a california walmart, and all I had to do was show my id.  As Nick said, it was ruled unconstitutional. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
With all this talk about increasing gun control, I think we should also increase restriction on silverware for making people fat and also we should ban drivers licenses since cars have a well known history of killing people.

After the horrible shooting in Connecticut two days ago, I thought of a great idea about gun control...

I think that if we can make guns illegal which will get them off the streets, then I think we should also make crack and heroin illegal to get them off the streets too! What do you guys think? :dunce:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
After the horrible shooting in Connecticut two days ago, I thought of a great idea about gun control...

I think that if we can make guns illegal which will get them off the streets, then I think we should also make crack and heroin illegal to get them off the streets too! What do you guys think? :dunce:

I took a criminology course this quarter. I was blown away when I found the culmination of the course and texbooks was basically to state that the war on drugs is a failure, gun control doesn't curb gun violence, and removing personal freedoms does not protect anyone any more so than if those restrictions were not in place.

Basically, the course proved everything I had come to learn on my own. The frightening part, is unlike myself, most students in that course planned to become lawyers, judges, public officials, etc. So basically, those classmates of mine were likely to ignore or forget everything they learned, and would down the road come to epitomize the problems outlined as failures in that very course.

It was a sad lesson in the truth being ignored and the definition of insanity being the typical response or action by our elected officials.

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
That's interesting and pretty sad...

I think that if we can make guns illegal which will get them off the streets
Reason #27 from the 40 Reasons for Gun Control thread:

27. Most people can't be trusted, so we should have laws against guns, which most people will abide by because they can be trusted.

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Cheesemaker

• Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
On the local news last night they said that gun deaths have the been declining to the lowest in 20 years.  And 1929 had the highest deaths ever.  But the incidents are more prolific than before, and the news doesn't help anything one bit. 

Oregon is trying to ban the sales of "assault" weapons.  Which I think is wrong.  All it's doing is feeding into the gun craze.  Back when they first banned assault weapons, nobody had them or wanted them, until the feds said we can't have them.  Then there were the loopholes, SKS's for $89.00, and then the ban wasn't renewed, and then everybody wanted an assault rifle.  Now we have them, and there were very few issues.  Mostly activists or some random thing.  But now, we have kids that are out of control, mental illness or whatever, and its being fed by the federal government, and the nightly news.  It started back when Obama was running for pres.  The republicans and NRA was saying that Obama is gonna take you guns away.  He was elected, and then all the shelves were empty of ammunition.  Which then led to people going crazy, prices going through the roof.  And on and on.  And each time there is a shooting, the news amplifies it.  Yeah its sad, but were were the parents?  Why did their kid, with a known mental issue, have easy access to guns inside their own home?  Parents don't keep track of their kids today, and most are letting their kids play first shooter video games at 6 years old.  Games that I won't let my 14 year old play.  My wife went to a seminar on child development years ago, and they said that they did a 20 year study on kids who played violent video games, had a specific area of their brain stimulated.  And this area of the brain, is associated with irrational behaviors.  ie; people who commit murder.     

All this gun banning is just feeding into the public frenzy.  I have no real need for a assault weapon at all, but with the government being the way it is, and telling me I can't have it, makes me want to buy one.  Especially, with the way our Representatives are being all little ass whiny bitches, and playing with our future all for political gain.  IE; Fiscal Cliff, who should pay taxes, and so on.  It's time for our Reps to pull their heads out of their ass's, get together and get on the ball, for our country, instead of feeding into the issue.  Why do you think that gun sales are through the roof right now.  We are afraid of the fact that our government is gonna screw us and put us into a worse position than we are already are in.  And assault weapons isn't the issue.  People are desperate, and are screaming for attention.  So, how do they do that?

This time, assault weapons, next time, rifles, and shotguns.  Then we are gonna have bats, knives, and sticks banned.  If the government gets ban happy, I see the next Civil War.  I for one, wants to be able to defend my family and friends.  I'm not gonna rely on the government, because they obviously can't get their act together.

I could go on, but I've said enough, and need to go to bed. 
But a little more reading for you. 

-----------------------------------------
Here is some statistics from Australia.

Even Australia’s Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault — Australia’s equivalent term for rape — increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia’s violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States — where no gun-ban exists — both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America’s rate dropped 31.7 percent.
During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault — Australia’s equivalent term for rape — increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia’s violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

So, if the USA follows Australia’s lead in banning guns, it should expect a 42 percent increase in violent crime, a higher percentage of murders committed with a gun, and three times more rape. One wonders if Freddy even bothered to look up the relative crime statistics.

The International Crime Victims Survey, conducted by Leiden University in Holland, found that England and Wales ranked second overall in violent crime among industrialized nations. Twenty-six percent of English citizens — roughly one-quarter of the population — have been victimized by violent crime. Australia led the list with more than 30 percent of its population victimized. The United States didn’t even make the “top 10″ list of industrialized nations whose citizens were victimized by crime. 

-----------------------------------------

This is about the same info I read on about a dozen different websites.  Google "violence in countries with a gun ban."
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Slolyfe

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -117
  • Male Posts: 2,048
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
Interesting article on shooting incidents. Whether guns are a real problem or societies lac of support for the mentally ill.

http://thebluereview.org/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother/
You'll never take me alive

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
no matter what we say or think it will not make a  difference, 9 out of 10 people agree with cheesemaker, I do!
but again it dont matter we are only the people, thats the problem..
so with my post and thoughts it still dont matter., sad

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
It's a sad thought that this nation which is in mourning over what occurred in Newtown will be lost over the fight that will probably start tomorrow over new gun laws. Will we even remember who was lost when the fight begins or will we be so divided again over this that the mourning will be lost. Even if we had no guns these people bent on being the latest, biggest, baddest killer will find a way to try and best the last one.

This is not a gun issue it is a mental issue, instead of wasting money to fight for or against gun control spend it to help the mental disorders that cause these people to snap and kill our children.

Ron Nissley
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
can anyone tell me why california has some of the strictest gun laws anywhere???????????

cause they have Nancy Pelosi :screwy:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
cause they have Nancy Pelosi :screwy:

Don't forget Mrs Misshandle Diane Feinstein.

Always amazing to me that the people who scream for gun control are the people who know nothing about guns or gun safety.

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
shes such a fuc$in Joke its ridiculous !!

Cheesemaker

• Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
She is breaking a firearm rule in picture #2!! 

Here's a good read.
http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/why-not-renew-the-assault-weapons-ban-well-ill-tell-you/

The killings in Newtown, and at the Mall in Oregon, both could have been prevented if the firearms were locked up in a gun safe.  Why?  Because they were stolen.  In the Newtown killings, (from my understanding) the semi auto rifle was left in the vehicle, and not involved.  But what is gonna sound more dramatic?  Yeah, its a sad thing that happened, but it doesn't help that the media is fanning the flames on this.  Along with the government!!  Things are being blown out proportion, causing mass fear, and what do you think is gonna happen?  People are gonna panic, and go freaking nuts.  So, many people are getting guns in Oregon, that the call center for the background check keeps crashing on a daily basis.  What about all the idiots that are getting guns, that have absolutely not idea on how to handle a gun, and those are the ones that scare the :pokinit: out of me.  Because they think that if they had a gun in a situation, they could defuse it.  No, I would rather take my chances shielding my family from the mental shooter than one that can think they can stop one with their purse pistol.  And the media advertising the fact that just drives home the idea, that if you want to go and shoot people that you have to go to a Mall, School, or any large group assembly. 

I'm so sick of all the stuff that is going on, and I'm not talking about the shootings.  We had a local drop his gun in the movie theater, and kids found it the next day.  And my wife is all freaked out about it, that I can't even talk to her about anything weapons related.  I can't even show/tell her the fact that I bought some ammo for my pistol and a banana mag for my 10/22.  Or she will kill me.  She wants to have conversation about it with me, but she already has made up her mind, and I can't talk any sense into her. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
but she already has made up her mind, and I can't talk any sense into her. 

youtube some videos and articles where firearms save people and childrens lifes!
I think you should have to prove you own a safe to buy firearms, I kno its already shovin our rights down the drain but I dont think anyone would have a argument with that.

x250f23x

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -25
  • Male Posts: 172
  • Member since Aug '12
  • 8D 8] 8| 8\ 8[
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
can anyone tell me why california has some of the strictest gun laws anywhere???????????

It all starts with San Francisco.... and Los Angeles.

CA's Gov. Brown signed into affect immediately S.B. 140 & coming to a state near you! I figure Colorado is next to adopt this law.
 http://rt.com/usa/california-gun-control-law-729/

Send a letter to the persons saying they have 30 days to submit a receipt that the gun was sold to an FLL (gun shop) or action will be taken. Nope, just go in guns a blaze'n. Will we see cops and people being shot/killed from this kind of tactic? It will never be reported.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Didn't want to start another thread but I wouldn't be surprised if this turns up as fuel for the gun control fire....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/04/ak-47-wielding-gunman-fires-37-times-at-shocked-cops-during-routine-traffic-stop/

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
Didn't want to start another thread but I wouldn't be surprised if this turns up as fuel for the gun control fire....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/04/ak-47-wielding-gunman-fires-37-times-at-shocked-cops-during-routine-traffic-stop/

oh it will for sure, why else did you hear about it?