Author Topic: Glamis Questions???  (Read 4694 times)

P-DiseToy24

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -230
  • Male Posts: 868
  • Member since Aug '09
  • DDNB!
    • View Profile
Glamis Questions???
« on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:26:41 AM »
Was out at Glamis the other day and a couple guys got tickets for have medical marijuana on them.  They both had there scrips and were just sitting at the camp sit taking a break from riding when a ranger rolled up to check tags.  Everything was legit and all good he started to leave and happened to ask is there was anything in the bag on the dudes bike he should know about. The guys like I have a pipe and some cannabis in there but I have my script. He was very polite and respectful the whole time explained to him why he had his script and that he was the only one in possession on it. The officer then stated it was illegal it have even with a script on federal land. The poor dude got a $525 dollar ticket  :yikes: and his pipe and medicine taken away (2 hundred dollars worth).  A 100 dollar trip turned into a 11 hundred dollar trip in a matter of minutes.

Sooo.  Does anyone know if Glamis really is federal land?? Anyone know anything that might be able to help the poor guy??

We were camped at on wash road stage 6.

SloCrawler

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -116
  • Male Posts: 1,333
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60800.msg856812#msg856812
Re: Glamis Questions???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:29:32 AM »
Its imperial county i thought, my buddy got a ticket for no Night light on quad. he didn't think it was federal

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

P-DiseToy24 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '09
  • DDNB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2010, 12:29:03 PM »
Thanks guys

Abnormal-I see the map but im not sure how to tell if its Federal or not. We were in wash 6 which just says fee area.???

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2010, 12:34:13 PM »
Thanks guys

Abnormal-I see the map but im not sure how to tell if its Federal or not. We were in wash 6 which just says fee area.???

It's a BLM site...that says everything you need to know.

The larger the Government...the smaller the citizen.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2010, 12:40:27 PM »
Anything the BLM patrols is Govt. land.  It's governed by the Dept. of the Interior.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

P-DiseToy24 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '09
  • DDNB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2010, 12:47:52 PM »
Thats fucked...

Its like the dudes legal and was totally honest with the guy.  He could of just lied and got away with it.  Society tells us to be honest to the cops and obey the law... pshh screw that next time a cop ask me anything im just gunna lie. I mean it seems like every time someone including myself is honest with them you get in even more trouble. I know thats not to bright to say but in reality its true
Its just such a stupid situation that DID NOT need to happen. He spent the time and money to be legal so things like this werent an issue.
That being said he should of known it was federal land but the guy just moved down here and it was his first time to Glamis ever... (im sure he really wants to go back now)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2010, 12:51:18 PM »
pshh screw that next time a cop ask me anything im just gunna lie.

Good luck...let me know how that works out! :yupyup:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

P-DiseToy24 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '09
  • DDNB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2010, 01:09:32 PM »
I was just being sarcastic but in this situation it seems like it would of turned out a lot better.

sweetmeat

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Friends don't let friends join the sierra club
    • View Profile
    • Wrecked4x4
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2010, 08:36:37 PM »
Welcome to the club. I got the same ticket there 5 years ago :thumbdown:
A&G Motorsports Class 1 #1553 Crew Member
Wrecked4x4.com

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
I guess I'm gonna be "that guy" and ask why he would need it when riding the bike, which I'm assuming is a motorcycle?  Not trying to start anything, I'm just very curious.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:06:37 PM »
I guess I'm gonna be "that guy" and ask why he would need it when riding the bike, which I'm assuming is a motorcycle?  Not trying to start anything, I'm just very curious.

Wow! You've got a great start on being a grumpy old fart like me!

Say it with me...HEY, you kids! Get outta my yard!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2010, 12:36:30 AM »
Are you kiddin?  That's how I got childhood friends to go home!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

P-DiseToy24 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '09
  • DDNB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2010, 09:56:42 AM »
haha.. He didnt have it with him it was at the camp when the rangers rolled up to check tags.  His bag just happen to be sitting on the back of the trailer right next to his quad.

IMMUDDY

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 329
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »
Fight it. Contact Safe Access now 1(888) 929-4367. They have no more right to ticket you for you pot then they do for some other guy carrying around his Vicoden , or any other "perscribed" medicine. Nothing more fun than looking at the face of a cop in court that is being told by a Judge to give back everything they took.
If I hit it just right, I might make it.

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Nov 19, 2010, 10:32:08 AM »
Fight it. Contact Safe Access now 1(888) 929-4367. They have no more right to ticket you for you pot then they do for some other guy carrying around his Vicoden , or any other "perscribed" medicine. Nothing more fun than looking at the face of a cop in court that is being told by a Judge to give back everything they took.

Actually, I believe he does have a right to ticket you.  The state law allows him to have a certiain amount (I think it's 1 oz or less) on him with his prescription.  Federal law does not permit him to carry any whether or not he has a prescription.  Since this was on federal land, federal laws apply.

I'll have to tell my smokey friend to leave his weed at home when we go.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

P-DiseToy24 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '09
  • DDNB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 19, 2010, 12:26:22 PM »
Just tell him to leave it in one of the rigs.. shoot put in under an inch of sand in a bag and your all good.

Travis H

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -367
  • Male Posts: 789
  • Member since Sep '08
  • 5100 ft
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2010, 12:47:01 PM »
my question would be why the hell does he need 200 worth on him. i would think no more than 3 grams would be plenty, unless hes sharing.

i mean you dont go to glamis so you can smoke weed all day right.

P-DiseToy24 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Aug '09
  • DDNB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 19, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »
Well there were 5 of us with scripts 5 grams a person 5 people about 1 ounce=2-3 hundo   :moods: