Author Topic: breathers on IFS diff and V2FA TRANSFER CASE??  (Read 1288 times)

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
breathers on IFS diff and V2FA TRANSFER CASE??
« on: Nov 27, 2004, 05:22:34 PM »
 :flamer:  I had the truck up on the lift to put a breather mod on both diffs and the transfer case but could only find a breather to the rear diff( that one I mod'ed, ran hose all the way up front to the top of the fire wall. Looks slick  :wink2:  ).  :help:  :help:  Does anyone know were the breather is on the IFS diff and the transfer case?  :help:  :help:  Also does the transfer case have two seperate drains ? one for the reduction box, and one for the chain drive side of the case. I could only find one at the back of the transfer case. 

robinhood4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -180
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: breathers on IFS diff and V2FA TRANSFER CASE??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2004, 10:54:04 PM »
The front breather can be seen by removing the skidplate and looking from the front.  It's jammed up there pretty close to the oil pan.  Good luck with that.   :thumbs:

I've got the auto tranny so I don't know if it's the same for you, but my breather was on top of the tcase.  I just ran my hands along the top until I found it.
Quote from: cruzila
Well, if the ideal of excluding the lesser equipped (stock or otherwise) is accepted... there is no fundamental difference between that and a Sierra CLub ideal of exclusion. If we cannot embrace the 4wheel users as a whole. We are not fighting for access. I cannot be that shortsighted

surfindave

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 112
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2004, 03:25:49 AM »
Yep ifs breather behind bash plate.
transcase uptop of case easiest to take boots off and do it from inside the cab.
Dave

V-Man [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2004, 07:44:29 AM »
 :crossed:   well I don't have shifter boots, they don't come on a A340F auto. so I'll have to feel my way around up there.. thx guys. The rear breather was rusted shut and the oil just shot out the drain hole at first. It was very black too. Washed the diff's and T/C  out with brake clean and let them dry, and  then refilled all three with new oil. no metal filings so thats a good thing to see on a four year old truck.  :thumbs:  oh well back to the shop