Author Topic: Modern version of the Ant and the Grasshopper  (Read 1065 times)

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
Modern version of the Ant and the Grasshopper
« on: Jan 15, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »
> THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER
>
>
> This one is a little different. Two Different Versions. Two Different Morals
>
>
> OLD VERSION
>
> The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.
>
> The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away..
>
> Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.
>
> The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.
>
>
> MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!
>
>
> ________________________________
>
>
>
>
> MODERN VERSION
>
> The ant works hard in the withering heat and the rain all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.
>
> The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.
>
> Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and
> demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while he is cold and starving.
>
> CBS, NBC , PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.
>
> America is stunned by the sharp contrast.
>
> How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?
>
> Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.'
>
> ACORN stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing,"We
> shall overcome." Then Rev. Jeremiah Wright has the group kneel down to pray to God for thegrasshopper's sake.
>
> President Obama condemns the ant and blames President Bush, President Reagan, Christopher Columbus, and the Pope for the grasshopper's plight.
>
> Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.
>
> Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the
> beginning of the summer.
>
> The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government Green Czar and given to the grasshopper.
>
> The story ends as we
> see the grasshopper and his free-loading friends finishing up the last bits of the ant'sfood while the government house he is in, which, as you recall, just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around them because the grasshopper doesn't maintain it.
>
> The ant has disappeared in the snow, never to be seen again.
>
> The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident, and the house, now abandoned, is
> taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the ramshackle, once prosperous and once peaceful, neighborhood.
>
> The entire Nation collapses bringing the rest of the free world with it.
>
>
>
> The Moral ?
>
> Draw your own, I deleted the Political message at the end, if yer an Ant you wont need it, if yer a grasshopper you wont understand it.
>
>
>
>
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 388
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
Re: Modern version of the Ant and the Grasshopper
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2010, 11:58:31 PM »
oh man so dam true!! no one see's the real meaning or fight behind life anymore, they just see the easy way of things! i'm gonna re-post on a few places if you dont mind! thats awesome!
the rocks Rock in South D SON!

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2010, 02:27:42 AM »
The world gives us hints as to the dangers of a nanny state all the time.   We just don't listen.  Haiti is just the current "natural disaster" to show us.  The United States alone has given Haiti over $1 billion over the last 10 years and its is completey unaccounted for - most likely stolen by corrupt politicians.  And now Haiti is in worse economic condition then it was 10 years ago.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2010, 10:48:10 AM »
Ya lets spend that 1 billion here, give the ppl who truly need help and will help themselves when we help them too. Feed and put shoes on the kids here who need it. Lets make this country strong and reduce the problems here before we stick out nose in other countries. I mean if we get hated for being the world police and going to war at times, why should be be the world Mr Fix it too? And not get credit for that good.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?