Author Topic: "GENERAL LEE" New toy for winter  (Read 34983 times)

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
got all the rusted out spots cut out of the bak half of my frame tonight and one side had new panels tacked in place the other side  i have the panels layed out on the metal just gotta cut them out tomorro and weld em all in hers soe pics of the frame and panels

and the side i have them tackd in place and one completly welded in

RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 1,590
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Back at it after 5 years!
    • View Profile
Boy, that sure looks familiar! How thick are the patches? I used 3/16" for mine...

...and then...

>>Dan
ASE certified shadetree mechanic and spoon operator
IronClad: If I wanted to hold hands and be nice I'd become a hippie.
85 4Runner, duals, 38s, 5.29s, locked, 3.4 swapped, GranVille Edition

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
1/4 inch i had to replace nearly all of the inside rail on boh sides rest of theframe is immaculatejust them  spots
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
got the pannel welden in one side of my frame and smoothed over cant even tell thers panels there looks good

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
thought id throw up a pic of the truck the day i bought it to show the progress it has already made

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
well tonight i got another pannel welded in and the square holes here i cut the rar gastank crossmember tube out welded up loks good woulda got more but the fram fell off the stans and jacked my knee up so i decieded to call it quits only 1 pic for tonight will get more tm night hopefully

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
more done tonight after i got theframe back up on stands and secured better  got all the holes n te front of the frame ie. bolt holes and all round holes welded shut and the front half in primer the only hols im leaving in the frame are the rectangular ones and ill be using them to oil the nside regularly and i got m 3.4 on the sand and the heads pulled headn to the junk yard saturday morning to pick up my ex cab im also gonna rob the rea axel for another spare and the front calipers and rotors for my rear disk set up my truck already had t100 front break up grade on it so ill use thoes breaks to beef my front breaks on the sfa and widen it to the ifs rear width with out spacers

hers some pics for yall :thumbs:

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
picked up the new cab today real solid exceptfor the doors and front fenders... the rockers are like new and supported the entire weight of the cab when it was lifted with the bobcat and forks

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:37:39 PM by yotaneck13 »

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
since i havent got much work done lately i thought id give yall some teasers of the trucks past progress

the day i bought it actually still at the guys house i bought it from

i got tired of the :gay: wood bed not only was it heavy but it look stupis so i traded a set of stock toyota wheels for a long bed and 20 bucks

then i didnt like how long it was so i bobed it 16 inches and cut the frame right at the shakels

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
i cut out the rear crossmember and asses the center section out of a tow package for that i was kinda sketched bout how it would hold but i pulled a 15 foot car trailor with 3700lbs worth of scrap to the scrap yard and it didnt budge :thumbs:

and a hood i made that will come into play on the build in progress

the rest are teaser shots from varrious times after the bed bob sorry bout some of the side ways ones idk what happened

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
made some progress the past cupple nights i rebuilt part of the rear of the frame and re installed the reciever crossmember added some gussets and stiffeners bot inside and out of the frame to suppore the rebuilt part of the frame just have to flip the frame over and weld up the bottom. Then i can hang my rear springs im gonna try out my T100 rears with a extra leaf for now and see how it works if not ill get a set of 2wd F150's and ust them heres some pics

and the New helmet pimped with the marlin Sticker

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
JUST PAYED FOR MY HI STEER AND ITS MARLIN SHOULD BE HERE IN A FEW PAYED 250!!!!!!!!!

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
well today i got my rear gussets finished and closed in and then i added a gusset of each side of the reciever

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
well guy flaked on hi steer got my money back but now i have to find another set up i have a line on a 151 tail housing right now tho so duals may happen sooner than i thought

anyways i got the axel in place and both spring packs built the rear shakels are only for mock up and will be longer whn im done i used my t100 leaf packs with the over load removed and previously had a add a leaf out of a chevy pack cut down to legnth then i took a 2nd leaf from a 3rd gen pack and cut it down and put it in the pack so as it stands now the pack is a 4 leaf pack i am running the long side foward to move my axel back away from my cab since im putting an ex cab on a std cab frame this will save me from cutting the corner for clearance heres a cupple pics

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
well i have most of my port/polish job done on my head will put up a teaser pic up but not one of the finished product and i have the motor sitn on a stand inbetween the frame rails and inside a front clip i cut off one of my cabs for mock ups at the height im goint to mount it i just gotta build mounts and that part will be done heres 2 pics for now

well the pic of the motor hasnt uploaded to photobucket yet so ill post it up when it does

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
ok pictures are uploaded i got the outside of the mounts layed out ready to cut tomorrow as well heres some pictures

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
Re: 90 reg cab "General Lee" NEED INSPIRATION!
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »
well this morning i got my motor mounts fabed and tacked in ready to weld up tm i pulled the block back out and the front clip back off so i can get to them better.  I may run into a problem with my steering shaft interfearing with the mounts but ill fix that when the time comes somehow.  I spent the rest of the day patching the mover deck like 15 patches took me all day

I need inspiration ideas for my build anything to keep me motivated :thumbs:

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2011, 10:52:50 PM »
motor mounts are finished may add some gussets at a later point but for now they are done.  I finished welding the rear spring hangers.  I bought some shakel hangers last week and they showed up yesterday so i cut the old one off and welded these new ones in place.  So all the rear needs now is shakels made and shock crossmember made.  I flipped the frame back upside down.  and started layng out my front spring hanger and set my tube jigs in place.  Hopefully tomorro i will be able to install tubes and finish my spring hanger.  Possibly have it on all 4 wheels by tm night :woohoo:

some pics for yall

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 309
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 07:27:48 AM »
Inspiration ya say!    How about it rains everyday   :rain:  best place to be is in the garage  :_order:
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 07:29:34 AM »
actually been nice here till today its rainin pretty good out there now but all week its been mid 70's low 80's and SUN!!!!!

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2011, 10:51:03 AM »
Looking good man. Keep it up.
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2011, 10:58:20 AM »
Looking good man. Keep it up.

thanks

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2011, 05:51:14 PM »
well frame tubes are all welded in and i have got a good jump on my front hanger ill have pics up later tonight :thumbs:

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -171
  • Male Posts: 1,660
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
Looking good man. Just keep thinking about the first time you get to jump in it and go for a drive when it's done, or even go wheel it. Thats what has and still does keep me moving on my truck.

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 05:46:06 AM »
Looking good man. Just keep thinking about the first time you get to jump in it and go for a drive when it's done, or even go wheel it. Thats what has and still does keep me moving on my truck.

thanks it just sems so far away.  though id did come a lil closer this weekend ill have to get pics uploaded today and get em up

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
ok here is some more pictures.  My frame tubes and the start of my custom front hanger

FRAME TUBES

Here is the star of my custom front hanger.  I made my top gussets for the front of the frame resessed up into the hanger.  This way the hanger sits flat the hole way across my frame and does not leave a gap

One of it with a 3rd gen reag main leaf and stock shakels.  The shakels of course will not be used just tryn to mock it up.

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2011, 09:20:25 PM »
Flux core?

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2011, 09:41:28 PM »
yes :down:

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »
What lincoln is that?

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2011, 09:48:58 PM »
only a 125 hd but im very pleased with its preformance i mean i bevel and multiple pass everything so i know its gonna hold but its amazing what this little guy has done so far i did order a gas kit for it last night tho ....may still run flux cored wire and 100% co2 not sure yet