Author Topic: Global Warming Quiz  (Read 2682 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Global Warming Quiz
« on: Oct 10, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/GlobWarmTest/start.html

This is a pretty good quiz. Tons of great info for anyone looking to strengthen their "GW fact book" for any random encounter with Al Gore disciples.

I got 9 out of 10 right. Got the last question wrong, duh stupid mistake.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
Re: Global Warming Quiz
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2009, 04:24:10 PM »
i guess i failed.   but i sucessfully completed the exam.  lol lol.
i love oregon wheelin.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »
I believe some of the questions still revolved around scientific theory more than pure fact, those I got the wrong answer because those are my feelings as it is some scientists. The ones that were scientific fact and not theories that I don't believe I got right. It is my feeling that even without our help this world is slowly getting warmer and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. Unless someone invents a big sunshade for us.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

46&2 [OP]

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:49:46 PM »
I believe some of the questions still revolved around scientific theory more than pure fact, those I got the wrong answer because those are my feelings as it is some scientists. The ones that were scientific fact and not theories that I don't believe I got right. It is my feeling that even without our help this world is slowly getting warmer and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. Unless someone invents a big sunshade for us.

Well the point is not wether or not the planet is warming or cooling, as it should be obviously the planet is not static. Its wether or not man kind is causing it, and that there is actually anything we can do about it. You are absolutely right.

Ironically enough, about the sun shade, in a recent National Geographic there was an article about a guy that is building these giant discs, that he somehow wants to place between earth, and the sun. Millions of them. Does anyone else see that as opening a catastrophic can of worms?
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:53:13 PM »
It is my feeling that even without our help this world is slowly getting warmer and there is nothing that anyone can do about it

I believe I addressed that in my answer.

46&2 [OP]

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:53:48 PM »
I believe I addressed that in my answer.

I know i was just reiterating the point, and injecting the part about cooling too :P

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:57:27 PM »
Cooling? That is going to happen too. Mother Nature will fix itself as it has time and time again. This world has had its warming and cooling cycles from its very beginnings. Nothing can stop it, it will continue this cycle as long as both the earth and sun exist.

46&2 [OP]

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »
Cooling? That is going to happen too. Mother Nature will fix itself as it has time and time again. This world has had its warming and cooling cycles from its very beginnings. Nothing can stop it, it will continue this cycle as long as both the earth and sun exist.

Can you imagine whats going to happen when we start freakin' with mother nature trying to control the temperature?

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2009, 06:02:35 PM »
So in a nutshell what I am saying is global warming is real and is a real threat to us but we are not the cause, it will happen weather or not we do anything or nothing at all.

Can you imagine whats going to happen when we start freakin' with mother nature trying to control the temperature?

That's easy to answer, it will just speed up the process rather than slow it down. We will get hotter sooner and it will last longer since nature has its natural progression and any attempt to change that will just throw it out of control.

46&2 [OP]

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2009, 06:13:27 PM »
So in a nutshell what I am saying is global warming is real and is a real threat to us but we are not the cause, it will happen weather or not we do anything or nothing at all.

That's easy to answer, it will just speed up the process rather than slow it down. We will get hotter sooner and it will last longer since nature has its natural progression and any attempt to change that will just throw it out of control.
You are absolutely right.
No I know that I guess I shouldnt have been so redundant.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »
Oh one other thing, if by chance we are the cause it is already too late. The damage is done and nature is going to fix itself at our expense and there is nothing we try to do now is going to stop it. Too little too late.

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2009, 06:30:55 PM »
I find it funny, the time frame they use for global warming. What 50 years I think?
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?