Author Topic: Cap and Trade Legislation  (Read 1300 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Cap and Trade Legislation
« on: Oct 09, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »
Voices For Energy

The U.S. House of Representatives recently passed the deceptively titled “American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009,” also known as the Waxman/Markey/Pelosi bill. This climate legislation, in some form, will be before the U.S. Senate early this fall. If this type of climate legislation becomes law, it will have enormous negative impact on the economy, the consumer and the refining industry.

We are all concerned about climate change and measuring carbon dioxide levels, but the American Clean Energy and Security Act is not the way to address the issue.

The hidden tax on commodities imposed by this legislation will lead to a significant increase in the price of gasoline and other energy sources, and more than a million job losses in our already crippled economy - with no measurable improvement on global climate change.

http://www.capitolconnect.com/voicesforenergy/

According to this site if passed we will be instantly paying  seventyseven cents more for a gallon of gas, consider if you have a 20 gallon gas tank you will be paying over $15.00 more per tank full.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Re: Cap and Trade Legislation
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2009, 07:52:54 PM »
Not only that but the idea of Carbon Credits is probably one of the scariest ideas to come forth in the last 10 years. If people are worried about the economy getting better, they sure as hell better not let any kind of carbon credit laws get passed, because it will destroy our economy and our country. Climate change legislation is outright bad, no ifs ands or buts about it. The focus is ALL WRONG.  :shake:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2009, 08:11:16 PM »
Good government intentions always seems to hurt the GP more than anyone. I'm sure there's tons of special intrest exemptions written into this bill that will give big business credits for doing environmental greening. Just like cash for clunkers there have been other similar programs that made it to where they could buy credits for buying peoples junkers and scraping them. Of course we can't buy those credits and be allowed to lessen our advertised footprint like they can.

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2009, 08:33:10 PM »
havent they (industry) been buying carbon credits for years :dunno:

link to the actual house bill

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c111:1:./temp/~c111LhVuaI:e70195:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »
Why yes they have been, it makes them look enviromentally friendly and actually allows them to pollute more. They buy credits through environmental actions like buying clunkers and junking them. That gives them the credits which allows them to pollute more, then they use those credits to make it look like they are polluting less. The old bait and switch.

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »
Co2 is just a BS excuse

Although most people think that it is the Amazon, I'm sure I heard that it is in fact a huge coniferous forest which goes around the globe near the North Pole, through Russia, Canada, Scandinavia etc. just below the tundra line. At least, I think it is.
--
Its called the Boreal forest or Taiga Forest (pronounced Tiger) and composes 1/3 of all the trees in the world, its trees start growing above the artic circle where they take more than 50yrs to grow bigger than a sapling because they only recieve sun for 1 month per year.
The Taiga generates enough oxygen on its own to regenerate all the oxygen for the entire planet.

Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?