Author Topic: 85 runner white in sacramento  (Read 4200 times)

norcalyoter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 516
  • Member since Jul '04
  • why be a rockstar when you can be a rock star
    • View Profile
85 runner white in sacramento
« on: Jun 26, 2009, 03:38:21 PM »
my white 85 runner got stolen last night between 3 and 6am this morning from sacramento it was an all white sr5 runner had grey interrier that said sr5 on the seats front and back super clean had 35ssrs on it with the black steel wheels. any questions gimme a shout

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: 85 runner white in sacramento
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2009, 04:08:20 PM »
Sorry to hear. Do you have any pics? Defining decals? Other specs that will help us identify the rig?

Good luck!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

norcalyoter [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2009, 05:42:44 PM »
zero decals on the tailgate i had a ECV sticker to the left of the drivers license. 

Slolyfe

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -117
  • Male Posts: 2,048
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2009, 10:17:06 PM »
Bump to find it! I'll keep my eyes open in the bay area! What else were you running?
You'll never take me alive

potter85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 257
  • Member since May '09
  • complete disregard for sheet metal.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2009, 10:20:59 PM »
they should still cut theives hands off when caught
3rz in the making

looking for 38s

2 tundra 4.7l v8 soon to be sas'ed

jrock

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2009, 10:28:32 PM »
Terrible! I too will keep an eye out in the Bay Area and next week in the Shasta region.

Was the top on or off?

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2009, 11:58:09 PM »
Sorry to hear josh  :therethere:  My phone died and I just got your message and turned the computer back on to put the word out if you hadn't already started one.  I'll keep my eyes peeled locally and on craigslist.  Let's hope it's another one that's just taken for a joy ride and returned in the same condition  :crossed:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2009, 12:17:59 AM »
where at in sac ??

norcalyoter [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2009, 07:42:35 PM »
19th st over by 65th and Broadway it had a built 22re in black valve cover with a polished toyota logo had a 4 to 1 t case 529's open red brake lines v6 brakes front/rear brakeboster red top optima. a generic flow that had the :pokinit: welded outta it when it was mounted cause it cracked off once shaddy ass rear shackles that were like 10 inches long...had cut off stock shock mounts welded to the rear axle... nice sr5 seat front and rear, had an aluminum insert in the center consul heater thing black magic electric fan....yeah i was in the middle of moving from chico to sac and had a butt load of stuff in the truck to....

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2009, 11:43:46 PM »
That sucks even worse man!  I hope you get all your :pokinit: back asap  :crossed:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BAMF

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 40
  • Male Posts: 179
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 02, 2009, 08:02:40 AM »
Car thieves should be treated like horse thieves:  shot on sight.  F--- the law, the trial, and the presumption of innocent until proven guilty.  If you're sitting in a stolen truck you damn well know it's not yours since there is no way you ever saw a title with your name on it.  Guilty.  Shot.  Leave a note when you steal a truck so we know where to send the body.   :maddest:

I'll keep an eye out.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

norcalyoter [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 02, 2009, 12:34:13 PM »
well good news is was found on monday i just havent had time to update this post....they only stole all of the stereo stuff clear down to the speaker wires my battery, battery tie down, custom alum piece i made, electric fan, and bunch of other rando stuff i had in the truck.. :beerwhack:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #12 on: Jul 02, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »
well good news is was found on monday i just havent had time to update this post....they only stole all of the stereo stuff clear down to the speaker wires my battery, battery tie down, custom alum piece i made, electric fan, and bunch of other rando stuff i had in the truck.. :beerwhack:

I'm glad it was found! Was it drivable when you found it?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 02, 2009, 11:18:21 PM »
Good deal man!  Well, it does suck balls that they stole some of the stuff, but it'll be a lot easier to replace all that stuff than it would have been to replace the runner! 
RIP KYOTA

norcalyoter [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 03, 2009, 11:45:26 AM »
yeah i was able to drive it home but i haven't driven it since i still need to to do a few things to make road worthy again but all in all its not really all that bad in the grand scheme of things....hey nate you got an extra fan shroud? lol  :beerchug:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jul 03, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »
I think so, hit me up a day or so before you're up next time  ;)
RIP KYOTA

jacklee916

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 39
  • Member since Nov '07
  • CRAWL LIKE THERS NO TOMORROW!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 08, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »
IM GLADE TO HEAR THAT IT WAS FOUND..
{87' S.A.S. RUNNER}

"I LIFT MY RIDE SO I CAN WAVE BYE TO CARS THAT CAN'T GET TO THE OTHER SIDE."

kamakazecam9

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 29
  • Member since Jun '08
  • Get Silly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 11, 2009, 02:14:17 PM »
WOW your so lucky you found it!!! by the way whats part of Sacramento did it get stolen from? I had my 88 toyota pickup stolen from the Natomas area about 9 weeks ago!!!!

GotMyYotaBack

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 201
  • Member since Apr '09
  • "I like Turtles" Google it
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 11, 2009, 02:31:50 PM »
I lost one too, and then it was found a month later, quite the load off! Mine was taken the day after we finished cage, sas, bob and top removal. Thiefs got to drive it before me! Any way very glad you got it back. Now install hidden fuel cut off, ignition cut off switches.  :wave:
Trekker Build- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64943.0

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
So dont tell me I spelled it wrong! You knew what I ment.

studentwheeler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 121
  • Male Posts: 382
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 18, 2009, 10:24:30 PM »
I lost one too, and then it was found a month later, quite the load off! Mine was taken the day after we finished cage, sas, bob and top removal. Thiefs got to drive it before me! Any way very glad you got it back. Now install hidden fuel cut off, ignition cut off switches.  :wave:

Glad you got her back! You gotta help me figure out how to do the trick switches...

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 19, 2009, 11:09:06 AM »
Thats awesome you got it back.. i watched mine get stolen and chased the guy for a bock and called the cops.. cops took their sweet time, and luckily someone called it in because of suspicion a few hours later..  it felt weird driving it home knowing some scum sat in the seat and drove my baby!

GotMyYotaBack

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 201
  • Member since Apr '09
  • "I like Turtles" Google it
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 19, 2009, 06:21:45 PM »
Me too, I watched it drive away on my trailer w/ tow rig (and keys to my Honda) So I had to chase in bare feet, while running I called 911 and told them exactly where it was going. I begged them not to send a cop to the house, cuz it wasnt there. When I gave up and came back, the only 2 cars on duty near me were in my driveway- TARDS! It took 10min, to convince them to go look for it. How do you loose a 10" LIfted Suburban and a Rock Crawler on a trailer w/ a quad, at 11:00am on a Thursday? Answer- Merced Police Dept.

Days later the quad was in a hit and run on hgwy 59, the suspect hit another car and took off running, They came to arrest my brother the owner- because the CHP didnt know that MPD had it listed as stolen? Duh. Top it off with, one I found out where they were joy riding, I investigated the neghiborhood, and found out where it all was "stashed" Cops wouldnt go in unless, I actually saw it. So a few days later I lied and said I did. They arrested 3  felony gang members (mongs) and all the stuff was gone. It started popping up a few days later just dumped in orchards and parking lots. If you want a job done right, do it yourself!

Fuel Pump Relay, passanger kick panel- Splice a hidden switch in line w/ hot wire. This way you can hear them cranking the engine but it wont start, gives you pleanty of time to load your weapon. Remeber; Shoot to kill, you dont want them testifying. Also when Im gone for a while, I take the coil wire off. Oh yea- dont tell anyone where the switch is.

Thats awesome you got it back.. i watched mine get stolen and chased the guy for a bock and called the cops.. cops took their sweet time, and luckily someone called it in because of suspicion a few hours later..  it felt weird driving it home knowing some scum sat in the seat and drove my baby!
Trekker Build- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64943.0

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
So dont tell me I spelled it wrong! You knew what I ment.

TheGaJoker

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 19, 2009, 06:45:30 PM »
Glad to hear the yota made it home again

jrock

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award