Author Topic: states rights  (Read 2505 times)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
states rights
« on: May 09, 2009, 09:07:09 AM »
3 most conservative states are waking up and finally telling the federal government to back off, there is absolutely nothing unconstitutional about this legislation because the federal government can only regulate INTERSTATE commerce, not everything as they've been trying to do since the 1930's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_Mlmamy70&eurl=http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D56229&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHwPHvkrGrg&eurl=http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D56229&feature=player_embedded
 :bowdown: :clap: i love my home state of Texas!!! Florida is working on some legislation thats similar, should be interesting.

read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: states rights
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:12:37 AM »
Too bad it's a "when all else fails" last resort to go back to the constitution....  They should have told the feds to piss off years ago but our elected morons want to stay elected by other morons so they bring pork and roads money back to their respective states.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 10:27:15 AM »
:clap2:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
This is what I was counting on...the federal government finally going too far.

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said after the attack on Pearl Harbor..."I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.". I think, I hope...the left, having unprecedented power, has tried for too much, too fast. By shooting their (figurative) wad all at once, the left has awakened middle America. I feel many in the silent majority are for the first time seeing the left for what it really is.

God bless America...again.  :usa:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 02:22:08 PM »
What always burns my :moon: is that a high percentage of union workers are also gun owners/hunters yet they still vote liberal every time because that's what they are told to do.   
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »
Abnormaltoy I'm with ya!  The country as a whole has grown too complacent and once they started "getting what they wanted" they realized it wasn't what they wanted after all...  I'm honestly hoping for a full economic collapse.  I have always wanted to live in bartertown...  :D

Don't get me started on unions...  I have more respect for an actual sheep than one that actually has free will given from God but is too dumb to use it...

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
I've only heard one other person talk about this particular item...but the individual States need to call for an amendment nullifying the 17th amendment and returning to the original process as stated in Article 1, sec. 3 (I think I have that right) to insure that the several States have representation at the federal level.

I don't remember who said this originally, but..."We are not merely a nation...we are a nation of nations".
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »
Pretty much...  People forget what this chunk of dirt is called...  United States of America...  Not simply America to signify a one governmental entity but to show we are a grouping of states working for a common goal.  As written the states have the power in the constitution, the fed is there to print currency and to provide for the common defense.  NOT to be the be all and end all...

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 08:51:30 AM »
Thank you MONTANA for firing the first shot across the bow of the liberalist socialization of the United States Of America. It has been long overdue that all states stand up for their individual rights. As WT said this is not a single country called America it is called the "United States" Of America and should be run by the states not the federal government. Lets all hope that this is the beginning of the end of federal dominance of the individual states and how they are run. If it weren't so cold I'd almost move to Montana to support their cause.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 09:14:13 AM »
We are looking to buy a house very soon.. First state to secede just might find a couple new residents....   :cool:

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 12:08:30 PM »
We are looking to buy a house very soon.. First state to secede just might find a couple new residents....   :cool:

We voted to NOT join in 1812...I mean it took a little protesting to get our point across.IE burning the white house for the second time I think. But you got the point...But I hope it does not come to that..Of course Western Canada has much the same problems with Ottawa and Quebec..Maybe we could just run a line on the map west of Chicago and north California and tell both Federal Governments to take a long walk on a short pier.. :thumbs:

kletzenklueffer

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 27
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »
(tagged for later)

I'm glad to hear more states are starting what Montana has initiated. I look forward to it coming to GA, but I fear there is too much external influence for it to happen right now.