Author Topic: MCR Videography  (Read 17035 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
MCR Videography
« on: Apr 03, 2009, 12:56:02 PM »
We're still trying to get together an MCR video.  We had a few people video at MCR7 but we just didn't receive enough footage to put together a full DVD.

This year, maybe if we plan ahead of time, we can get some footage.  I'm trying to get a show of hands who has and is willing to bring and use a video camera (or digi with video), then share a copy of the footage so that we can put together an MCR8 DVD.  We have the DVD editing project lined up, we just need the footage.

I'm going to be bringing my camera and Matts - both have video and we plan on getting some footage.  However, nobody wants to watch an MCR8 video with the same 5 rigs in it over and over.  This is why I'm asking for everyone's help getting video of everyone to make the video more interesting.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Steve_925

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -86
  • Male Posts: 1,876
  • Member since Feb '07
  • F***in catalina wine mixer
    • View Profile
Re: MCR Videography
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2009, 02:39:57 PM »
i had a friend that i would bring along and he would be filming 95% of the time. to bad im not friends with him anymore. what would be cool is to get some optics cams(like a helmet cam) and mount them near the the suspenion or the truck in front of them. ill try to get somthin like that in the worx
1973 HILUX build up-------> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48133.new#new

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2009, 06:05:24 PM »
:party: :idea: Fantastic Idea :idea: :party:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2009, 06:17:32 PM »
An Awesome Idea FFC.   However I do not have a digi movie anything, nor the patience really.  Maybe I can russle one up by round up time.  :yupyup:
I like to Drive!

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2009, 06:33:49 PM »
IF WE MAKE IT WERE IN  :crossed:

:usa: :beerwhack:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »
Perfect! I hope we can get some good footage this year :crossed: Spread the word to whoever you know that is coming :thumbs: 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2009, 04:22:43 PM »
I'm hoping to have a helmet cam by then, if I do, I'll bring it along. 

what would be cool is to get some optics cams(like a helmet cam) and mount them near the the suspenion or the truck in front of them. ill try to get somthin like that in the worx

Good idea :thumbs:  If I get one, I'll make a couple of mounts for it, so I can get some different angles.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2009, 04:52:23 PM »
i am gonna mount my regular cam to the dashbar, and the helmet/bullet cam to the underside of my truck

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2009, 04:33:47 PM »
i am gonna mount my regular cam to the dashbar, and the helmet/bullet cam to the underside of my truck

what helmet camera do you have? 

A few of the guys on the dept have one, its fairly heat resistant, thats what I've been looking at, but I forgot what its called :smack:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »
anybody know anything about this one?
http://www.vio-pov.com/
I like to Drive!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile

-Ronald Reagan

Steve_925

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »
so with these helmet cams, you don't need anything else wright? the cam itself does the recording?
1973 HILUX build up-------> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48133.new#new

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:28:22 PM »
so with these helmet cams, you don't need anything else wright? the cam itself does the recording?

The one I posted up uses the SD cards, so its pretty much self contained.  The card just slides into the back under a cover IIRC

-Ronald Reagan

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2009, 07:57:50 PM »
ill be collecting as much stuff as i can this year. i have a camera similar to what 4wdtoyota uses. i actually helped bring a bunch of there equipment in a few years back.  id really like to get a helicopter ride this year.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 07, 2009, 09:10:16 PM »
what helmet camera do you have?  A few of the guys on the dept have one, its fairly heat resistant, thats what I've been looking at, but I forgot what its called :smack:

the one i have kinda sucks for skiing thats why it got retired.  it has to plug into a camcorder and has a battery packso it get kinda bulky. 
jason the one you posted is a nice cam, but if you are gonna spend the money on a fire cam i would get this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/FCII-Fire-Helmet-Camera-Cam-Better-than-ATC2000-ATC3000_W0QQitemZ270363179404QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4040QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Steve_925

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2009, 09:24:46 PM »
The one I posted up uses the SD cards, so its pretty much self contained.  The card just slides into the back under a cover IIRC
how about the batterie life on it

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2009, 09:32:39 PM »
id really like to get a helicopter ride this year.

:werd:  missed out the last two times I went, not this year!

the one i have kinda sucks for skiing thats why it got retired.  it has to plug into a camcorder and has a battery packso it get kinda bulky. 
jason the one you posted is a nice cam, but if you are gonna spend the money on a fire cam i would get this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/FCII-Fire-Helmet-Camera-Cam-Better-than-ATC2000-ATC3000_W0QQitemZ270363179404QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4040QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll have to look into that.  That may be a good way to go

how about the batterie life on it
dunno, but I'll ask around. 

-Ronald Reagan

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 05:36:52 PM »
I should have sent you a copy of the DVD I recorded of last year.  Only problem is we had issues and never made it to the Springs.

No sweat, though.  I'll go ahead and bring the camera this year and get you some good footage.

Any particular angles/spots/themes/narration you'd like?

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #18 on: Jun 01, 2009, 06:02:21 AM »
I should have sent you a copy of the DVD I recorded of last year.  Only problem is we had issues and never made it to the Springs.

No sweat, though.  I'll go ahead and bring the camera this year and get you some good footage.

Any particular angles/spots/themes/narration you'd like?

Thanks! We're not picky - just some decent footage of various rigs. The problem with last year's vid we made was that it had the same 10 rigs in it over and over - kinda boring.

We'll cya there :hyper:

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 02, 2009, 12:07:53 AM »
If you want, I can still send you my DVD from last year.  I'll go ahead and try to do a good job for you this year.  That would be better since I'll be more focused and relaxed(and hopefully with an extra battery).

Look forward to meeting a lot of you guys this year, if you haven't met me already.

Anyone running the con on June 6th/7th, June 20th, July 23, 24, 25, and in August - I'll be there.  I may be staffing the kiosk as part of my volunteer work with FOTR and RTF, or maybe just handing our food for free with the kids.  Make sure when you go stop and say hello to the person at the kiosk.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #20 on: Jun 02, 2009, 06:00:26 AM »
If you want, I can still send you my DVD from last year.  I'll go ahead and try to do a good job for you this year.  That would be better since I'll be more focused and relaxed(and hopefully with an extra battery).

Look forward to meeting a lot of you guys this year, if you haven't met me already.

Anyone running the con on June 6th/7th, June 20th, July 23, 24, 25, and in August - I'll be there.  I may be staffing the kiosk as part of my volunteer work with FOTR and RTF, or maybe just handing our food for free with the kids.  Make sure when you go stop and say hello to the person at the kiosk.

That'd be great if you could send me last year's footage. Maybe we can get a dvd together from last year and give it out this year. Don't know how much footage you have if you can email it or if you want me to send you my address and you can mail it. Let me know what works best for you. Thank you!!!

I'll be on the Con most likely second weekend in July, other than that, no promises till the roundup. 

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #21 on: Jun 19, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »
Alright ya'll.. we're only 2 months and some change away. I need a show of hands who is planning for sure on bringing a video camera and utilizing it.

Also if I can get last year's coverage mailed, emailed, whatever it takes to me, that'd be great (respond here, or PM me). I'd like to hand out last years videos at the roundup this year :thumbs:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jun 19, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »
Alright ya'll.. we're only 2 months and some change away. I need a show of hands who is planning for sure on bringing a video camera and utilizing it.

Also if I can get last year's coverage mailed, emailed, whatever it takes to me, that'd be great (respond here, or PM me). I'd like to hand out last years videos at the roundup this year :thumbs:

still can't promise for absolute sure, but I've been wanting to get a video camera so this may be a good excuse.  Put me in as a probably :rofl:

-Ronald Reagan

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #23 on: Jun 19, 2009, 12:52:10 PM »
still can't promise for absolute sure, but I've been wanting to get a video camera so this may be a good excuse.  Put me in as a probably :rofl:

Hey that's better than "I'm out!"

Thanks J!

BirdDog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 284
  • Male Posts: 239
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2009, 02:38:08 PM »
I'll be there with one. I'm not very good at camera work but you can have a copy of the footage.

I may have footage of the last couple of years. If not Bigmike made a copy of it. I'll see if he still has it.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #25 on: Jun 19, 2009, 04:49:43 PM »
I'll be there with one. I'm not very good at camera work but you can have a copy of the footage.

I may have footage of the last couple of years. If not Bigmike made a copy of it. I'll see if he still has it.

Roger that BirdDog :beerchug: Thank you! :thumbs:

*** YELLER ***

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #26 on: Jun 21, 2009, 08:25:42 AM »
 :disturbed:

got my action sport mini camera for fathers day :woohoo: takes flash cards and mounts pretty much anywhere...so this should get some interesting shots :snapshot: :camping: :driving:

:usa:  :beerwhack:
except BACON

*** YELLER ***

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #27 on: Jun 21, 2009, 08:28:15 AM »
now I have the following cards and no idea how long (minutes) they last

128mb
512mb
2.0gb
2.0gb
2.0gb
1.0gb

how much time can i expect from each individual card ??? can anyone help me figure that out. I need to know how often to change the card :disturbed:
except BACON

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jun 21, 2009, 11:01:50 AM »
Dave, i almost bought that same one yesterday.  i ended up having some self control  :yikes: doesn't happen often.  i was looking at other ones and the other one had a 4 gig card and recorded for 120 min :dunno:   have you recorded with that one yet?  hows the picture

*** YELLER ***

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #29 on: Jun 21, 2009, 02:26:36 PM »
Well so far using it is pretty much brainless and Yeller proof... I'll go record somrthing and get back to ya   :thumbs:

:usa: :beerwhack:
except BACON