Author Topic: Nice, but crazy!!!!  (Read 3156 times)

SLIVER

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 503
  • Member since May '06
  • ))--SLIVER-->
    • View Profile
Nice, but crazy!!!!
« on: Mar 25, 2009, 08:33:24 PM »
This runner is tight, but the price is not!!!

www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=5952859&cat=402&lpid=2

))--SLIVER-->
))--SLIVER-->

yota pu/runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 208
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
Re: Nice, but crazy!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »
You know it looks like someone has put alot of time into it but come on you have to be out of your mind if you think someone is gonna spend that much on it.

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2009, 08:58:15 PM »
it definately a nice 4runner but only worth 10grand
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

Yota-Freak

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 469
  • Member since Jul '08
  • Pass tha' whiskey and that rot gut Shine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2009, 09:11:21 PM »
from the looks of it, that thing has seen off road maybe twice..lol

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 33
  • Male Posts: 719
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »
I would say to the right buyer it could go for 20k. I bet he has 30k in it but would be surprised if he got that much for it.

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2009, 10:44:34 PM »
i thought this was about a chick by the title...

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2009, 01:27:23 AM »
$30K :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:, maybe $8-10K tops.  It doesn't matter how much money you spend building a rig/paying someone to build it for you, you are never going to see 1/3 of what you put into it.  Of course he could always find someone w/more money than common sense, but most of those have already cashed out their equity :laugh:.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:35:04 AM »
i thought this was about a chick by the title...
:imwithstupid:

Nice rig though.  But you never get out of it what you put into it.
I like to Drive!

brockbuilt85

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 362
  • Male Posts: 1,715
  • Member since Oct '08
  • I do all my own stunts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:41:18 AM »
wow.
When in doubt, skinny pedal!
Turd Box Build:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=50894.0

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2009, 09:35:32 AM »

$30K :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:, maybe $8-10K tops.  It doesn't matter how much money you spend building a rig/paying someone to build it for you, you are never going to see 1/3 of what you put into it.  Of course he could always find someone w/more money than common sense, but most of those have already cashed out their equity :laugh:.
I hope it goes for more than 8-10k because have you seen the junk that gets sold on here for 6k  :o If this was up for sale a year ago before i started building my truck i would have offered him 15k-18k. Especially now that i have a daughter and don't have a seat for her in my truck.

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »
^^Ya I have seen some pieces of :pokinit: go for more than they are worth, but even heavily modified clean rigs aren't worth much than a few $k more than clean stock ones.  They weren't worth it  a few years ago when people had "Stupid Money" tp spend on them and they aren't worth it now.  $15-18k would have still been way over priced, since you can build one yourself for a lot less $$.  A fair price for the Runner is its blue book value and about $1/3 of the cost of parts and $0 for labor, which would likely put it at about $8-10K.  Roughly the same amount most reasonable people would be willing to spend, or the amount that most could secure a personal loan for.

Even if this Runner had ties to 4x4 Legends and was completely restored to new condition by a Toyota dealership, it still wouldn't be worth $30k, except maybe at an auction. 

It might not seem fair, but hobbies are for entertainment, not investment.

'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »
No way can that be built for alot less than 15-18k. I dont think my truck is as clean as that runner and i have 20k+ into my truck. And mine still is sitting on leafs.

88_Pathy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 65
  • Male Posts: 1,251
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Raised suspension
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2009, 08:32:06 AM »
I know this was just a "funny" post... but those of you who say only 10k are nuts.... The axles under it alone are worth 5k. Motor swap either a 350 or 4.3.. Linked with coil overs and coils.. hydro... bobbed?? I would say 15-20k$ no problem. Man I don't have all that into my rig and if I had to sell it I would want 10k$.

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2009, 10:04:19 AM »
I know this was just a "funny" post... but those of you who say only 10k are nuts.... The axles under it alone are worth 5k. Motor swap either a 350 or 4.3.. Linked with coil overs and coils.. hydro... bobbed?? I would say 15-20k$ no problem. Man I don't have all that into my rig and if I had to sell it I would want 10k$.

Exactly what i was thinking. Plus the fabwork on this doesnt look like some backyard built fabwork. and the bob on it looks super clean as well as everything else. It looks like a clean capablr rig and i think will fetch more for being so clean. If it were a beat capable rig then i think 8-12k. But it being so clean shows that it hasnt been abused and that why i couls see it go for 15-20k to the RIGHT buyer.

Steve_925

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -86
  • Male Posts: 1,876
  • Member since Feb '07
  • F***in catalina wine mixer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2009, 01:27:10 PM »
Exactly what i was thinking. Plus the fabwork on this doesnt look like some backyard built fabwork. and the bob on it looks super clean as well as everything else. It looks like a clean capablr rig and i think will fetch more for being so clean. If it were a beat capable rig then i think 8-12k. But it being so clean shows that it hasnt been abused and that why i couls see it go for 15-20k to the RIGHT buyer.
i would have to agree. it would proble be worth 10k after a year of wheeling, but buying somthing in near perfect condish and with the parts that are under it. alot of people would spend 20k on somthing like that just because its so nice and so capable.

on another note know a kid that spent $40,000 to have somone build him an 86 runner with leaf springs, longs, sas, duals, no cage, and some engine work. pretty much your basic crawler.
so the are people with alot more money than common sence
1973 HILUX build up-------> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48133.new#new

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2009, 03:26:25 PM »
What was spent building it doesn't determine its actual value, nor does the amount the fab work cost.  Its value is that which you can expect most people to be willing to pay, which is always far less than was put into it.

I emailed the seller to get more info on the Runner, and this is what it has:
Dana 60's front/rear, w/only detroit lockers(one stated in the front, but would assume one in the rear),
350 mated to a turbo 350 transmission, w/double stock Toyota cases(no mention of 32 spline output shafts or 4.7 gears). 
The obvious 4-link suspension with Fox II shocks,
39" Irocs on Walker Evan beadlocks,
DOM tube was used for the cage,
Custom built fuel cell,
Aluminum storage bins,
New seats and carpet.
Nothing here makes this an exotic rig worth $20k, let alone $30k, sure he has $30K+ into it, but no one but a fool w/deep pockets is going to p[ay anything near that amount.  It will likely end up being parted out as most of the high dollar builds end up when the owner can't move them at their asking price. 

There is a stock 85 Runner in the 4-sale section that can't move at $2k, when last year it would have sold over night for probably $4k.  The 4x4 market has gone the way of the housing market, the money to through away on overpriced items just isn't there anymore.  Once you spend more than about $8k on your 4x4 you are basically throwing the money away, because you can't expect others to pay more than that for your rig if you end up having to sell it.  These after all aren't '50's and '60's era muscle cars, hotrods, or collectable classics, they are simply modified used trucks, whose value isn't much more than 2-3 times the Blue book value, even when heavily modified.

It would be nice to get back what we spend on our rigs, but like I said before, hobbies aren't an investment, they are a pastime that you throw away money on for your enjoyment.

66cobra

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 34
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2009, 04:45:11 PM »
that thing is way too nice of shape for its built purpose. He should have exo'd it to protect the body.MY opinion is that if you want something that nice build a rod or muscle car. It's not a wheeler without a dent or scratch, just a street beast.
it's not me, it's you

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 1,968
  • Member since Oct '07
  • BORN TO WHEEL, FORCED TO WORK...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2009, 04:55:52 PM »
What was spent building it doesn't determine its actual value, nor does the amount the fab work cost.  Its value is that which you can expect most people to be willing to pay, which is always far less than was put into it.

I emailed the seller to get more info on the Runner, and this is what it has:
Dana 60's front/rear, w/only detroit lockers(one stated in the front, but would assume one in the rear),
350 mated to a turbo 350 transmission, w/double stock Toyota cases(no mention of 32 spline output shafts or 4.7 gears). 
The obvious 4-link suspension with Fox II shocks,
39" Irocs on Walker Evan beadlocks,
DOM tube was used for the cage,
Custom built fuel cell,
Aluminum storage bins,
New seats and carpet.
Nothing here makes this an exotic rig worth $20k, let alone $30k, sure he has $30K+ into it, but no one but a fool w/deep pockets is going to p[ay anything near that amount.  It will likely end up being parted out as most of the high dollar builds end up when the owner can't move them at their asking price. 

There is a stock 85 Runner in the 4-sale section that can't move at $2k, when last year it would have sold over night for probably $4k.  The 4x4 market has gone the way of the housing market, the money to through away on overpriced items just isn't there anymore.  Once you spend more than about $8k on your 4x4 you are basically throwing the money away, because you can't expect others to pay more than that for your rig if you end up having to sell it.  These after all aren't '50's and '60's era muscle cars, hotrods, or collectable classics, they are simply modified used trucks, whose value isn't much more than 2-3 times the Blue book value, even when heavily modified.

It would be nice to get back what we spend on our rigs, but like I said before, hobbies aren't an investment, they are a pastime that you throw away money on for your enjoyment.
exactly.... that rig is worth no more than 10k unless your have way too much money with nothing better to spend it on..... this is a 1st gen runner were talkin about here guys nothing too special nor nothing worth anywhere near that kind of money.....
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com
www.myspace.com/choptechfab

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39494.0

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2009, 11:01:08 AM »
Nice rig, I'm sure it cost a grip to build beings the guy probably didn't do anything himself.  Some shops flat out rape people that don't know any better sometimes.  I'd give an honest $12-14k tops for that rig though brand new or not.

On a side note I wonder what the story is behind the driver side coil having what looks to be a 2" spacer under it and the passenger having nothing yet the rig still appears to be leaning a tad to the driver side?  Yes I realize that pic is tilted but look at the angle between the "custom fuel cell" and the axle tubes..  :greengrin:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
« Reply #19 on: Apr 15, 2009, 01:49:54 AM »
$20K, is what thats worth, or what I'd pay. Personally I hate the resale market, everyone is trying to get stuff for as cheap as possible. Makes me  :crazy:   Not that I have money by any means but I just think is sucks that as soon as a person puts something on their rig the value drops 80%. And thats regarless of if its been offroad or not. Really sucks for people that have found hard times. :twocents:
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 15, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »
 :worthless:
LINK don't work

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 15, 2009, 04:33:01 PM »
$20K, is what thats worth, or what I'd pay. Personally I hate the resale market, everyone is trying to get stuff for as cheap as possible. Makes me  :crazy:   Not that I have money by any means but I just think is sucks that as soon as a person puts something on their rig the value drops 80%. And thats regarless of if its been offroad or not. Really sucks for people that have found hard times. :twocents:
Unfortunately that is the nature of this particular hobby.  These aren't classic "Muscle Cars" or '50's era Hot Rods, and it doesn't matter how clean/modified they are, in the end they are just a 4x4 truck, and are valued accordingly.

89sastoyo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 148
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Apr 23, 2009, 12:09:35 AM »
Toyota's are a dime a dozen, parts are a dime a dozen there perfect for building because there simple, you can put less money in them then any other 4 wheel drive and have a lot more capable rig. If you build it right you can have less then 5 grand into a build and alot of time and money well spent. If you want it to be nice and look cool, dont know what your doing and want to look like a jerk you can send it in get it build and try to sell it for what you have into it. Being cheap is how most people live aswell not a lot of people are going to pay top dollar for an already built rig just because there could be three of the ten things done to it that they would have done differently. Thats my opinion, i mean if you could make a profit off of them wouldnt we all be building trucks and selling them to people for more? Everyone with a truck knows how much they have into it, And then how much its worth same with quads, dirtbikes what ever other sport you can dump as much money and time into something as you want and you'll never see it again. The only way you can come close to getting the money you have into something is buy selling the baught parts and then selling whats left other then that people only want it for the parts in it not what it looks like nor what it has done to it in a hole.
89 extra cab stock on 1 tons.
83 rolled with built toy axles
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56487.0