Author Topic: tons 2rz three link front. Now slamming on its nuts spring under rear!newpics  (Read 214112 times)

gnarrkill

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 484
  • Member since Jul '09
  • in your neighbors tree's with binoculars
    • View Profile
Re: new project... 86 runner
« Reply #1170 on: May 21, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
why dont you just finish what you need to so you can wheel the damn thing. links are ghey. Didnt you know?

and you're cutting this^ cage off?
ditto
79 toyota duals,caged,40 mtrs

the build thread i dont update
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=65367.0

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 148
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 21, 2011, 08:18:26 PM »
i can do better work i dunno there are just some things i dont like about it and i want to link it because its cheap and i won't have anything to worry about axle wrap u joints my weak link will be outputs which is better than axle wrap i would twist the hell out of them with the 4.3. they aren't ghey either they are efficient and for 900 dollars why not? ill probably leave the front on leafs but it will be done sooner than later i just have a couple other projects to finsih up first
89 extra cab stock on 1 tons.
83 rolled with built toy axles
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56487.0

GrenadedToy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 49
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Maatt Daeemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 22, 2011, 04:29:32 AM »
The cage looked fine to me... just saying because its that much more work you have to do to your truck right now. and 900 yeah right. maybe for your links, brackets, and rod ends. then you got shocks and full hydro..

make a track bar as an axle wrap band aid until you decide to link it. or just dont do 5th gear clutch dumps
 :thumbs:
just make the truck wheelable and reliable. you dont need links and mega flex to do the trails we've run 20 times at browns camp. but if you wanna wrench instead of wheel this summer, more power to ya.

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #1173 on: May 24, 2011, 06:19:42 AM »
The cage looked fine to me... just saying because its that much more work you have to do to your truck right now. and 900 yeah right. maybe for your links, brackets, and rod ends. then you got shocks and full hydro..
why would he need full hydro if he is linking the rear?
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

GrenadedToy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 49
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Maatt Daeemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 24, 2011, 01:43:55 PM »
I was under the impression he was linking the whole truck..

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 26, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »
yeah im doing front and rear and i meant 900 per end thats shocks and everything minus full hydro which all i need is a pump and ram. I have an orbital and lines and everything. I am going to re-do the cage because it is not sqaure and it looks bad i don't like it. I'm gonna back half it and run bedsides. I honestly have no time to wheel i get two days off a week and they aren't weekends ever so ill never get to wheel with anyone. I won't be able to go on the 4th so thats out the door. I may as well just do my :pokinit: up right and by next winter have something nice to wheel in the snow

in two days curtis and I have already linked the rear and got the front half of the cage pretty much finished up we just need to to tube the rear and skin it or put the bed back on and cage it. also dropped a body lift and have that all finished and thats after work from like 7-12 so in that amount of time if i do the same to my truck ill have it done fairly soon. only thing i see taking any time at all is my motor swap.
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: Jun 26, 2011, 10:38:23 PM »
i finally finished something again.. haha my 92 daily 2wd has a fresh rebuilt 22re lc head and valve springs bla bla random :pokinit: fresh everything else my tons and everything set up flat bellied belly pan all that in the last week haha gonna wheel it for the 4th ill post pictures..
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

83oneton

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: Jul 21, 2011, 07:39:12 PM »
pics

FatBarry

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 31
  • Member since Jul '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: Sep 07, 2011, 09:01:47 PM »
any updates?

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: Sep 08, 2011, 06:08:29 PM »
haha  ill post some pictures of the short lived pile of :pokinit:, I have a new whip now working on the t cases as we speak took them apart to re seal them all up and what do you know there about to explode haha so im putting all new bearings in them getting them all sealed up so they dont leak. might be running triples and 4.7s in this one.. but we will see Ill actually own this one a while to

but heres some pictures of the std cab i had done up
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: Sep 08, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »
scratch that im to lazy to upload :pokinit: right now, but basically i had a fresh brand new motor for two and a half trips and i blew #3 rod out of both sides of the block i can fist that very *friendly* person. I was fed up with that truck anyways haha rolled it over forwards onto the roof destroyed the cab the weekend after my canopy flew off doing 60 then the motor exploded I was just over it. IT wheeled really good but just dumb haha. My cage how ever did save my buddys truck he fell asleep driving... and his truck went off a 200 pluss ft cliff and survived with a cracked with shield the rest was toasted though but the cage did was it was supposed to.

I recently bought tims old truck tims89crawler i think is his log in. I kept my axles and cases got the x member off of it and the 2rz and full hydro. Im going to re do everything.. I just got it as a running start to a project i keep disliking my trucks and i finally got an xtra cab again so im going to link the front first things first im rebuilding my cases now i already welded up the crack in the bell housing once all that goes back in im going to start building a xmember and do everything up for the front end. I want to run a /\ four link up front but we'll see i also want it slammed on its nuts so what ever i can get clearance to do
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: Sep 08, 2011, 09:32:36 PM »
scratch that im to lazy to upload :pokinit: right now, but basically i had a fresh brand new motor for two and a half trips and i blew #3 rod out of both sides of the block i can fist that very *friendly* person. I was fed up with that truck anyways haha rolled it over forwards onto the roof destroyed the cab the weekend after my canopy flew off doing 60 then the motor exploded I was just over it. IT wheeled really good but just dumb haha. My cage how ever did save my buddys truck he fell asleep driving... and his truck went off a 200 pluss ft cliff and survived with a cracked with shield the rest was toasted though but the cage did was it was supposed to.

I recently bought tims old truck tims89crawler i think is his log in. I kept my axles and cases got the x member off of it and the 2rz and full hydro. Im going to re do everything.. I just got it as a running start to a project i keep disliking my trucks and i finally got an xtra cab again so im going to link the front first things first im rebuilding my cases now i already welded up the crack in the bell housing once all that goes back in im going to start building a xmember and do everything up for the front end. I want to run a /\ four link up front but we'll see i also want it slammed on its nuts so what ever i can get clearance to do

:confused: i dont get it

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: Sep 09, 2011, 04:56:12 PM »
how not haha which part I bought tims truck traded my sixty for the sixty under it with a pcs full hyrdo set up pump ram resivor and cooler. also I got the 2rz and skid plate. Im running my springs front and rear my rear axle and my cases. when i got it the bell housing was cracked so i welded up the crack re built my cases and im putting it back together this weekend. Im going to leave the toob which im not a fan of but its there. I'm getting coil overs and air bumps next week and gonna start linking the front. I want to run a 4 link up front but might just do three depending on clearance. I want my frame height on 42s with max psi at 22-23 full flat belly skid blah blah. I also was stating that i had a brand new motor in my old truck it lasted nothing and grenaded I also rolled it over front wards onto the roof there for destroying the poor thing and i got tired of puting motors in that very *friendly* person.

anyways yah this truck will last because its an extra cab and I dig them over the gay piles ive had since my extra cab. only thing i would want over this is a taco and well i cant afford that :pokinit:
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

crawln503

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 85
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: Sep 09, 2011, 05:49:16 PM »
Congrats on the new rig bro :beer:

I'll have my 3rz back in my crawler fully re-built next week :crazy:

We need to wheel soon :smokin:
-85 ext cab swap on std Toyota frame, 3rz, built narrowed 6 lug 60's duals/4.7 42's iroks
-94 Ford CCLB 12v. 6spd, pump cranked, guages, lifted & lots of other mods:smokin:
-89 ext cab Toyota, 3.4, 5spd on 33's

vortectoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -16
  • Male Posts: 67
  • Member since Mar '04
  • 2TR-FE POWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: Sep 29, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »
What's the eta on having the new ride ready to wheel?

BHT12

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 30
  • Male Posts: 376
  • Member since Jan '10
  • Toyota Addict.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #1185 on: Dec 02, 2011, 06:41:17 PM »
Dude you have some sick toys.. love the old "2wd"

Subscribed
1984 4runner. Trailgear fronts, custom backs with shackles, 36 iroks, hi steer, hybrid 20+22r motor, full exhaust, lowsy weber, power everything, rear heat, power Antena,  sr5, altimeter,  back seat eliminator, tube bumper

1981 2wd long bed parts getter. All stock, sr5

1983 Toyota Sandtana Motorhome 4x4 Stock.

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: Feb 14, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »
ride is wheelable this weekend prolly

i need to put it back together need front and rear springs pull my cases and take my input in since i am now braking 4.7s and outputs like some of you might change your underwear,.
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

gnarrkill

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 484
  • Member since Jul '09
  • in your neighbors tree's with binoculars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: Mar 01, 2012, 02:42:09 AM »
 :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: wonder why?
79 toyota duals,caged,40 mtrs

the build thread i dont update
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=65367.0

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 02, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »
Ha beer has nothing to do with why I break everything and don't work on this pile of parts anymore hagaha. Oh :pokinit: its linked though now (:
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 02, 2012, 10:22:28 AM »
start a build of new truck...

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 02, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »
When I get internet at our house I will ha my phone won't load pictures. But the fronts all mocked up yo I'm gonna cycle it tonight and set bumps and :pokinit: weld everything up ride height is 24 in the back 25 1/4 in the front with 4" of up until full bump but that might change cause my upper may hit my block
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 02, 2012, 11:28:24 AM »
When I get internet at our house I will ha my phone won't load pictures. But the fronts all mocked up yo I'm gonna cycle it tonight and set bumps and :pokinit: weld everything up ride height is 24 in the back 25 1/4 in the front with 4" of up until full bump but that might change cause my upper may hit my block

im sure tim would like to see what his truck looks like now lol

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 02, 2012, 01:27:29 PM »
Ha I was just thinking that is he ever on the forum? I'll get some good pictures and put them up this weekend when the fronts all done then onto the tube!
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 02, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »
i dont think he is on here anymore  :headscratch:, but who knows, and start a new thread, this one is all  :blah:

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
89 extra cab with gay parts
« Reply #1194 on: May 03, 2012, 04:30:52 PM »
Naw flopp that. Ryan go to my fb and post the pictures up for me. Basically my link set up is tg lower frame mounts. Rough stuffs upper which I'd never do it I were to do it over again. Rough stuff 35* lowers and a 15* upper I believe links are way to long for a three link and the upper is way to short but it works doesn't get an abnormal amount of steer and with the factory frame I have 5" of up no bump stops and frame height is 26 ish now on 42s. Only clearance problem I had on mock up was my shocks hitting the frame so I angles the hoops out more
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:46:17 PM by 89sastoyo »
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
Re: new project... 86 runne
« Reply #1195 on: Sep 09, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »
Rolled it guess it's time for a cage lOl
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
I've been trying to post pictures for the last year I've had Tim's truck. It's a lot different now days. I don't have time ever to get to a computer and unless you guys know how I can post pictures from my I phone it may be a while. I previously said I three linked the front. Using 2" 2.50 Dom lowers and I bent them up pretty good. Anyone running thicker or sleeved lowers on the forum?

Also thinking about running my same three link that I have in the front in the rear. Anyone have any ideas why I shouldn't? This thing twist up a retarded amount in the front with zero binding axle steer so on and so forth. Not many people run three links out back but my truck is really stable doesn't drop put when it shouldn't. Just seems it would stay pretty proportionate as far as axle movements front to rear of I can get a good estimate on spring rates for the rear.

Also thinking 4x innovations cage I like the design cabs already seen better days any dislikes on that cage? Or should I just stop being lazy and bend one up
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

cabot

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 27
  • Member since Aug '12
    • View Profile
    • LerueTattoo.com
ummm.... photobucket or flickr app?

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
heres some pictures for you adam

89sastoyo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
I've been trying ohotobucket on my phone but it doesn't work. And thanks Ryan post more if you get bored!
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.