Author Topic: What's the lamest reason you've been pulled over?  (Read 5896 times)

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
Excessive tire noise.  :shake:

:dunno:  I don't know what he was talking about.  My tires weren't any louder than anyone elses when I did a burnout.

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
Prolly the best one, now that I think about it, is when I got a ticket for parking dangerously, when I stopped my car (El Camino) in the middle of the road to block a motorcycle accident. I had just spent 15-20 minutes trying to save a young lady who fell off the back of the bike and caused the driver to loose control and dump it. (she died unfortunately). I'm standing there in the middle of the road, covered in blood, arguing with this fat-ass cop that I was trying to protect the accident scene and the victims by stopping my car in a way that no one else would crash into them. He didn't buy it, but the judge did, and reamed the guy for writing me up when I was being a good Samaritan.

Erik

He should of been demoted and fired for that.
That is common sense. and his actions are just one reason why our country is going to :pokinit:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Hawk Thor

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 112
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
When I had my ´98 VW Golf Joker I was harassed alot because it was lowered and had stretched tires, and it was bright red with tinted windows.

One cop was always pulling me over for tinted taillights. I told him numerous times that these were OEM Hella lights for GTi, Joker and other special editions and that the tint was factory installed and could not be taken out. He gave me a few warnings and then I went to the VW dealer and asked them to print out a letter saying that these were OEM and E-marked lights. The next time he stopped me I shoved him the letter, he did´nt know what to do and then gave me an "inspection ticket" and put a green sticker on my license plate, meaning I had to get the car inspected.

The thing passed with flying colors and the cop was told to leave me alone.

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
sounds like a special chp I kno

kneedownnate [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Another one, rookie rpd chick.  Myself and 2 friends were sitting at a stop light, turn left when it's green and I'm in front.  I accelerate fairly quickly but cap off at the speed limit, 50mph, but my friends were a ways back and slowly caught up.  Couple miles ahead, still going the speed limit, I noticed an rpd car behind my friends.  I come to a normal stop at the red light, as do my friends, and I hear screeching tires from the cop car.  Light turns, she lights us up, but I already had my signal on and was in the left lane so I stayed there and pulled in to a gas station on the right after going through the corner.

She walks up and seems kinda amped and jittery and asks if I heard her screeching tires, then says "that means I had to go fast to catch up to you", but never mentions that she'd been following me DOING THE SPEED LIMIT for a couple miles, or the fact that there were 2 bikes between her and I and she'd almost run into one of them because she wasn't paying attention.  She then asks us all for our licenses, registration and insurance info, which we all supply.  She goes over it all and asks both friends about their out of state licenses, and both reply that they're only here visiting, so she focuses on me.  I only had a permit and it was dark, so she decides she'd be nice enough to "let me go" for the speeding :shake: and just write me up for being out after dark with a permit, even though we told her we were just helping a friend work on his house and lost track of time.  Turns out she was a friend of a friend, and we later found out she just hates sport bikes and wanted to mess with us to make a name for herself.  She did make a name for herself, and it started with a C   :lipsrsealed:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

All_Set

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -145
  • Male Posts: 543
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • Blue Ribbon Coalition
Because the stock bumper and stock tow ball, obstructed part of one # on the license plate (in the stock location)    On a stock truck.

=====

O: I pulled you over because you ran that red light.
M: Err.. I didn't run a red, it was yellow when I crossed the intersection. (was not speeding either..)
O: Well, I couldn't see it from where I was sitting, but here is your ticket..

Missed a day of work for court, officer didn't show for that one..  Geee, wonder why..

If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

All_Set

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -145
  • Male Posts: 543
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • Blue Ribbon Coalition
Excessive tire noise.  :shake:

:dunno:  I don't know what he was talking about.  My tires weren't any louder than anyone elses when I did a burnout.

Exhibition of Speed is what they dinged you for that in my town.  (The shutting down of el-camino cruzing.)   That carried 2 points and rumored they could tow your vehicle.  I made damn certain I didn't screech the tires.  (which was particularly difficult in u-turns.) 

Haven’t had that issue until I locked the 4 banger 4x4.  While never ticketed, always thought it would be a funny site explaining to a judge how a 4 cylinder pickup couldn't possibly be exhibiting excessive speed.  :D

If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
I used to get stopped for no mud flaps. Last ticket I got was going about 15mph on a forest road. I wasnt wearing a seat beat at the time. I drove past the cop and went down the road until I hit snow. I stopped and wait to see what he was going to do. So after 20 mins he pulls up behind me and says hes "stopping" me for having a truck that can go cross country ooooooooo and I didnt see you wearing a seat belt. Well, come to find out my tags were expired for 2 days, I thought they went to the end of the month. So I got a ticket for the tags, after sitting there for a hour. And he gave me a crazy look when he asked if i had any weapons. To which I said ya, a glock under my arm haha.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
 Back when I was a bike courier, I got pulled over for having Class "7" Hazmat Stickers on a box on the rear rack of my bike.  Cops says that I can't ride around with those on my bike and that it's a chargable offence to put hazmat stickers on when not carrying Hazmat.

He wants my ID, So I give him my license, my Hazmat card, and the bill of lading that shows that I am carrying radioactive isotopes from the U of C to a lab downtown.     The cops faces goes  :yikes: and I ask if he wants to look in the box.  "No problem sir have a nice day".  I had to get the dispatcher to call the city cops to get my papers back, he just backed away and got in his car.   what a  :moon:

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
I once got stopped for shooting semi automatic weapons from a moving vehicle. Me and everyone in the party got a verbal 4 letter warning and was told to leave and never come back to Nevada.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Once I was transporting my 70 Chevy SS454 El Camino and my 66 Chevy Malibu SC from my home in Hesperia to my shop in L.A. Since I was in a transport truck from the shop I had to go through the scales and as I crossed over the scale the light goes to red. I'm like wtf this is a City Of L.A. police garage rig, so I pull off and proceed into the CHP office. I don't have any transport paperwork since they are mine so I'm figuring this is going to be a pain in the ass since I have nothing to show not figuring I was going to be stopped. The officer wants me to follow him out to my truck, once we get there he wants to look at the cars!
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

1981_toy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -7
  • Male Posts: 657
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
sounds like a special chp I kno
Garcia??

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
ssshhhh no names

1981_toy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
I have one i was in an ext cab long bed chevy lowered and i didnt see a guy and cut him off he followed me for like 3 miles and then passes me grabbing a gear i get home and sit down inside cop pulls up and asks if i had been drivin the truck i said "yes" he was like you were doin burn outs through town i was like huh he said ya your under citizens arrest for exhibition of speed i was like ok then i took it to court and it got dropped to illegal passing on the right...

1981_toy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
lol

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Got pulled over in a hoity-toity part of STL for having a "dirty" truck....

go figure...

puto told me to go wash my junk, gave me some dirty looks (pardon the pun) and sent me on my way
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
whats with all the name changes dtb?

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
whats with all the name changes dtb?

He's married now so he got no-clue, or at least his wife tells him.. :therethere: It'll be ok

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile

He's married now
:aaa:

just messing around!
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
sitting at a red light in the left turn lane when a police cruiser comes up behind me (89 suburban with a 1/2" thick homemade rear bumper) and didnt hit his brakes. pushed me a little ways into the intersection and totalled his cruiser. wrote me a ticket for backing into his vehicle  :bull crap: and blamed the wreck on me. went to court and won thanks to his dashboard camera.

pulled over for having a "suspect smuggling vehicle" and searched my suburban on the side of the road. got a ticket for being truent to school (where i was headed when he pulled me over, the fucktard). same officer and less than a week since our trip to court. pulled over multiple times and ticketed by him and 3 other cops for about 4 months on complete bs things.
license plate light out, not on anyways at 2pm on a bright west texas day.
low tire pressure
pulling a trailer without registration (uhaul trailer)
broken tail light, mustang that was on a trailer i was pulling
not having a rear view mirror, Texas only requires 1 mirror on the vehicle and i never use the rear view one
killing wildlife, damn suicidal squirrel ran under my tire
tint too dark, factory tint on the suburban
headlights not on, again during the middle of the afternoon on a clear day
having too many people in my vehicle, it legally seats 8 and i had 7 people
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2009, 06:16:58 PM by red »
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
sitting at a red light in the left turn lane when a police cruiser comes up behind me (89 suburban with a 1/2" thick homemade rear bumper) and didnt hit his brakes. pushed me a little ways into the intersection and totalled his cruiser. wrote me a ticket for backing into his vehicle  :bull crap: and blamed the wreck on me. went to court and won thanks to his dashboard camera.

He shoulda been fired right then!  How can they uphold the law if they lie to cover their asses?  As for all the other bs tickets, sure seems a harassment suit brought against him and the department woulda brought a hault to that, especially when the local news station caught wind of it before it happened  :gap:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
x2 sue his bitc$ as$

87yoter

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 71
  • Member since Feb '09
  • Makes Me Feel So Good!
    • View Profile
just woke up in the cab of my yota up in the hills with my buddie in the bed after a few too many  :beer: the night before. fired her up and headed down the gravel road with troy still in the back sleepin with the rest of the beers and realized I was still hammered right about the time a sherrif comes screamin up from behind and lays his gun across the door the whole nine yards. has me out on the ground with troy still snorin and checks my license registration everything and says have a nice day your not the one Im lookin for and ripped outta there. never even seen troy I guess. I only had a permit and was possessin a whole lot of open containers and some unopened ones too and there was no way ida passed the blow test. holy :pokinit:! needless to say, it took alot of convincing to get troy to believe me after he woke up.

another time I pulled off the side of the road cause I new I couldnt drive and passed out. woke up and damn near crapped my pants when I heard a maglight tappin on my window. put my keys in the ignition to roll the window down and cop asked if Id been drivin I said not after Id been drinkin. gave me :pokinit: about havin the keys in the ignition told me he could write me up for dui and then told me to throw the keys in the bed and he expected to see me there for the next four hours.

yet another time me and troy were hired to shoot a bunch of coons out of this farmers grain silo but it never happened due to the two coldpacks he brought. about halfway throught the first 30 pack he decides he wants a steak. so he talks me into ridin with him into town to dennys. on the way back the dumbass is talkin on his cell and I fell asleep. woke up to red lights and a cop at the window askin why he was across the white line. says his alignment is off and the cop buys it. all this time Im huggin a fresh 30 pack between my legs and hidin the bannanna clip. cop was really interested in our "shotgun" wich was really a 10/22. what an ass.
get it!

87yoter

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 71
  • Member since Feb '09
  • Makes Me Feel So Good!
    • View Profile
a couple months ago (more on the legal side) I was pulled ove at abou 4 in the mornin openin day and told I had a headlight out which I did. when she told me the problem I opened the door to fix it cause the plug had just rattled off. holy hell she damn near drew on me and made me keep my hands on the steering wheel. asked if I had any weapons and I told her about my bow in the back and a couple knifes in the glove box and in my pack. I thought she was gonna :pokinit: herself. searched my truck and measured all my knifes and checked my tags and gave me a bunch of :pokinit: about the roll of copenhagen in my glovebox. she then held me until five oclock because I violated my provisional license by driving between the hours of 11 and 5. that witch almost cost me my license.

a couple weeks later a game warden pulled me over and bs'd me talkin about my truck and whatever while his buddy quietly searched the back of my truck and opened the toolbox to find the bear Id stuffed in there about a halfhour back. someone elses tag of course. that one got me cuffed.

one of the worst was about a week ago I got pulled over and written up by a park ranger for a bad taillight.
get it!

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
He shoulda been fired right then!  How can they uphold the law if they lie to cover their asses?  As for all the other bs tickets, sure seems a harassment suit brought against him and the department woulda brought a hault to that, especially when the local news station caught wind of it before it happened  :gap:
didnt sue but after 4 months the people at the courthouse noticed the pattern, judge supposedly had a field day with them and i didnt get pulled over again after that.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech