Author Topic: So I got pulled over by the po po tonight........  (Read 4096 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
So I got pulled over by the po po tonight........
« on: Jul 23, 2007, 11:43:32 PM »
In my work boat :haha:

Long story short: asked somebody to check out a boat at 4:15ish so we knew what we needed to do to it.  Got a call a little after 6 saying it needed an engine, I start  :maddest: cause we JUST got chewed out for overtime, not to mention I asked to have it checked out 2 hours before.  Supposed to leave at 7:30, got the engine fixed and delivered by about 7:45 and headed for the time clock.............. then a customer calls in. 

Get to a phone shortly after 8, try talking them through it but realize they'd lose battery power before dawn, ruining all their groceries.  Head back to the dock, grab tools and check boats......... needed parts are NOT on the boat  :shake: .  Grab 2 styles of alternators, 2 heavy house batteries and head out at 8:30. 

Get to boat, test charging system and verify it's functional, trade out batteries and re-check charging system - good.  Customer offers fresh made burrito, almost say no (knee jerk reaction, picky eater :blablabla: ) but say sure.  Explain what I did, why and explain why their batteries weren't charging, wifey gives me foil wrapped burrito, I say thanks and jet. 

Get out to 5mph bouy.... it's nearly dark which means entire lake becomes "no wake zone"......should I.......HAMMER DOWN!  Twin 150hp engines just sound cool at full tilt!  Keep a close eye for multi colored lights at every bend, keep it pegged till I'm within sight of work, about a mile or so out, bring it down a little cause I see some distant boats.  Quarter mile from the marina and what do I see?  BLUE BERRIES AND CHERRIES  :o  Bring it down slowly till I'm nearly to a stop, step out on deck and wait for the lecture, knowing it's probably a rookie who doesn't know me.  He gets about 30 feet away, cuts his engine and yells "Oh, I didn't know it was you, keep going".  I say I'm close enough to keep it down, thank him, say have a good night and go on my marry way.

I REALLY wasn't looking forward to getting a ticket after this shitty week, so getting let go made my night!  With out old motors I know I can outrun them and they'll just give up (my old supervisor was the test dummy for that one :haha: ), but the newer "better" motors just don't run as hard.  They're WAAAAAY more dependable so the trade off is worth it  :yupyup:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
:rofl:  thats great!

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
What the heck do you do? I always thought you were a life jacket tester :headscratch:

Also, which lake do you work at so I can terrorize it some day?
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
what lake u work at and what kinda boats do u work on?
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Ummmmmmmm............... I work at................. Lake thompson, yea, lake thompson............that'll keep em away from me.

I'm a damn boat mechanic at a resort/marina, work mostly on houseboats, but sometimes on patio, fishing and ski boats. 

Their generator didn't appear to be charging the batteries, fridge runs on propane but it's computer runs off battery power so it'll die if voltage drops too low.  Happened to them the night before but they didn't think to call in during the day :shake: 

I don't know if I can hold on much longer though, the ass clowns I work with REALLY drain it outa me.  That's what got me in this mess in the first place, but what'r you gonna do :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
This is one of my work boats when we had it outa the water for some work.  See how straight that water line is?  That's right, I'm just that good  :acclaim:
RIP KYOTA

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
line looks a little crooked to me lol j/k nice work :thumbs:

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Here's a better shot then.  :wag:  It was tough to get it that straight since the side is so rough.
RIP KYOTA

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
That is pretty sweet man. Have you put a Crawler in it yet? :idea:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Just gotta ad too.  A few weeks ago I had a couple more shitty days at work, but again a leo made my day better.  How?  Anybody who rides on the street knows that motor cops do not wave.  I wave at EVERY bike I see, no matter what.  I'm toolin down the freeway on my way home, see a bike going the other way and wave when he gets close enough.  Just as my hand goes up I realize...... he's a chp, and he actually waved back!  Made my day better instantly and had me LOLering in my helmet :haha:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
That is pretty sweet man. Have you put a Crawler in it yet? :idea:

:nope:  It's all about speed baby!  It used to go 45 with the old motors.  New ones just don't go as fast :down:  When we put in for the new engines we got approved for 175 but still only got 150s instead.  Don't know why.  I want twin 200hp yamaha 4 strokes myself :drool:
RIP KYOTA

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
DUDE!! I _ALWAYS_ wave to biker cops!! Even the ones on the dual sports! I've never gotten a wave back, only weird looks. They always look right at me and just watch me ride by. I've always guessed that no normal rider cares about them, so they never care back.

This summer I have been riding my bicycle (Klein Mantra Comp dual suspension with street tires) to work (14 mile round trip), and when I began doing this, I was riding to work one morning and I saw an on coming motorcyclist. So without thinking I looked right at him and put my hand down in my typical wave and he waved right back! It was really funny because I was on a bicycle, but I think he must have known that I was also a motorcyclist. :greengrin:

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Oh, and I've LOLed in my motorcycle helmet many a times! :rofl2:

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Hey nate, you said you wave to bikes no matter what, and I wanted to ask you this:

Knowing that you ride sport bikes, what percentage of harley's/cruisers wave back?

Since I ride a naked bike that is inbetween a sports and cruiser, I guess, I usually get waves from both sports and harley riders. I figure they can't tell what I am riding sometimes.

But I've been riding along behind like some GSX and when passing a Harley going the other way, the GSX rider did NOT wave but I did, and the biker dude waited until the GSX had passed and then gave me a return wave.

It makes me believe that some Harley guys really hate crotch rockets and vice versa.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Good question, young grasshopper.  When I first started riding there seemed to be more veteran sportbikers on the road and almost all waved back.  This was also a time when chicks flocked to bikes no matter who was on them.  Then the pretty boys who got all the tang already started riding sportbikes and if your bike wasn't perfect they wouldn't wave.  They don't get that it's an unspoken rule, you see a bike you wave.  If they don't wave back, atleast you're not the jerk!

Anyway, I get about the same percentage of waves back from cruisers as sportbikes.  I actually have to remind myself not to wave to bikes when I'm driving the truck :haha:  I'm frequently surprised by how many stereotypical "hardcore harley" riders wave back, but I attribute it to how ratty my bike looks :yupyup:
RIP KYOTA

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Cool, thanks man :beerchug: And you should be proud of me: I have not worn sandals while riding for at least 5 months now! (not by choice, I just haven't done it recently at all) :thumbs:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
:golfclap: 
RIP KYOTA

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
well i guess water cops are better then geting stoped by collage cops :dunno:

build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

stoken82

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 60
  • Member since Jul '06
  • Under Destruction
    • View Profile
ha thats funny.  I had two bike cops on BMW's wave to me once.  I think it was the shock of my bike that did it.  I ride a 2003 Buell that is all flat black, my brother says it looks like something out of Mad Max. but anyways people waving seems to be hit and miss.  I have been riding for about 10 years now and it seems like a steady decline on the brotherhood of bikes. 

my parents both have HD and they have commented on the lack of camaraderie.

Matt
 :usa:

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
i wave everytime i see another biker when i'm ridin.

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
ha thats funny.  I had two bike cops on BMW's wave to me once.  I think it was the shock of my bike that did it.  I ride a 2003 Buell that is all flat black, my brother says it looks like something out of Mad Max. but anyways people waving seems to be hit and miss.  I have been riding for about 10 years now and it seems like a steady decline on the brotherhood of bikes. 

my parents both have HD and they have commented on the lack of camaraderie.

Matt
 :usa:

My bike was all flat black before, faded to gray now.  I've been wanting to paint it hot rod black but just recently snagged some high quality colored paint and have been thinking...
RIP KYOTA

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
I just had to drive by that lake of your twice in the last week. nice.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Gettin muddy, innit?  Water is getting low and will probably drop another 30 feet or more by season's end :yikes:  They're saying it's going to get lower this year than it has in a long time!
RIP KYOTA