Author Topic: Getting banned  (Read 6062 times)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Getting banned
« on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:49:59 PM »
WHy can I get banned over a debate when I never called anyone names, cursed or threatened anyone? Just because someone gets butt hurt over the fact I have a diffrent point of view means Im banned?
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

KYOTA

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
Re: Getting banned
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:58:40 PM »
maybe because you were trying to figure out a way to wheel on private land without getting caught? just a guess

oh and I took another point  :talkingn:

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:00:42 PM »
It was the subject the debate was on, and that you were advocating it was ok to do the wrong thing (as seen in the majority's eyes). What you were saying puts a negative light on the Marlin community for anyone who is just glancing at the site and did not know what was going on or whatever. Giving ammunition to the greenies, whatever... it was just not a good thing. Bottom line is there is a time and a place for that debate, but the shoutbox on Marlin is probably not the best place for it and hopefully you will change your viewpoint in the future.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:03:53 PM »
Dont ever talk about wheeling on private land or ANYWHERE without permission...on the internet, in person, joking or not

END OF STORY.....it aint cool and it aint right

DELETE this thread now before it gets out of hand

RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »
So I guess I can wheel on your grass in your front yard? I think not you wouldn't be happy and just because someone has 50 acres and you want to play on it does not make it OK.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

KDXSR5

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:07:16 PM »
No use trying to argue the point one way or the other, its done.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »
Dont make me call the Drama Alpaca on youse guys

RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:24:10 PM »
We are very PROTECTIVE of what land we get to wheel on!  As the trails we love are disappearing before our eyes.  We want our fellow wheelers to do the RIGHT thing.  And obey all laws, so we don't give fuel for the fire.  We organize trail cleanup parties, help install pit toilets, and help raise funds to help fight, to keep public land open with the promise, that we will be stewards of the land and be roll models for those fellow wheelers around us.  All it takes is a couple bad apples to ruin it for the thousands of us that respect the trail, and love the trail.

So, make the right decision is all we ask!!

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »
So I guess I can wheel on your grass in your front yard? .

YES you can until he comes and tells you not to

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:25:57 PM »
And then I'll just sneak back on. :shake:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »
And then I'll just sneak back on. :shake:
yep, cause theres not a sign saying you cant :thumbs:  or a gate, according to him if theres no gate or sign, or even if there is a sign on a gate if the gate doesnt have a good lock he can still wheel there

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

junya92toy [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:56:11 PM »
I never said it was ok to wheel on PP. I never said I was going to wheel on PP.  And give me that crap about Losing trails and bleh bleh bleh. Trust me I hate seeing illegal 4wheeling, people tearing up the trails, or forests and I report dumping too.  I was more so trying to get everyones idea of what really needs to be there to close a area. A pile of rocks or a actually sign. And 70coyotafrg always complains when something isnt the way he sees it.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

KDXSR5

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
I never said it was ok to wheel on PP. I never said I was going to wheel on PP.  And give me that crap about Losing trails and bleh bleh bleh. Trust me I hate seeing illegal 4wheeling, people tearing up the trails, or forests and I report dumping too.  I was more so trying to get everyones idea of what really needs to be there to close a area. A pile of rocks or a actually sign. And 70coyotafrg always complains when something isnt the way he sees it.

Nothing "needs to be there" to close an area because land should be assumed private if you are unsure if it is public or not.

eazy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 104
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:00:31 PM »
I want to appoligize fr the Marlin community I did not intend for the things i said to be a problem. I did'nt even think about what i said. I do not condone tresspassing. I do not know if the place I was talking about was actually illegal or not I was only using it as a figure of speach. Though after this incedent I will find out if it is or not by asking the proper athorities and land owner's permission. I've been "wheeling" this area for about ten years and never have I been approched or told not to be there there are no signs,burms or fences on the "power lines so i have just simply assumed that it was "OK". The abandoned farm/ranch I was refering to has been abandoned for close to twenty years+ according to locals that I have talked to.There are miles and miles of traiols in this area since it is for the most part rural.The locals use this land for hunting and fishing and the "wheeling" that i do there is very mild with the exception of a few places that no one has driven since the area was abandoned it is very nice place to take my son(2yrs old) that is very mild and  close to home.And again I appoligize to every one.

Ezra

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:01:38 PM »
There is joking around and there is joking around......

wheeling on private property or illegal wheeling is not one of those things we joke about.......

midgets with glowsticks having relations are the type of things we joke about :gap:
RIP KYOTA

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:17:12 PM »

sure didnt sound that way.

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:09:56 AM »
Brought this back out because we all need to take a look at our protective nature.

I hear Jerry92 asking some questions that sound like he supports something he does not. Note the quote above

Either he has been a lurker for 4 years or just re-found the marlin board.

Anyways, my opinion is land marked private is just that. Notice that you are not allowed without permission. Permission should be needed without any signage otherwise any suburban neighborhood would be fair game for lawn donuts.

It really is that simple and well known, it does not seem to beg the question in the first place.

We should learn from this and not be so quick to get the lynch mob going.

Scott
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:11:20 AM »
We are very PROTECTIVE of what land we get to wheel on!  As the trails we love are disappearing before our eyes.  We want our fellow wheelers to do the RIGHT thing.  And obey all laws, so we don't give fuel for the fire.  We organize trail cleanup parties, help install pit toilets, and help raise funds to help fight, to keep public land open with the promise, that we will be stewards of the land and be roll models for those fellow wheelers around us.  All it takes is a couple bad apples to ruin it for the thousands of us that respect the trail, and love the trail.

So, make the right decision is all we ask!!

Quoted for truth
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:18:10 AM »
Very good point, but when posting something I choose my words very carefully to convey what it is that I'm talking about. Some words can be construed as a different meaning or action. I learned this a long time ago when I was making a comment on someone trying to climb a ledge and then landing on his lid. Jokingly I mentioned that he must have had a few too many, man that almost got my :moon: handed to me. It wasn't taken as a joke.

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:28:15 AM »

midgets with glowsticks  :gap:

Did somebody say MIDGETS ?   :greengrin:
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2009, 01:57:15 PM »

porkchop

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 630
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2009, 03:32:27 PM »
we are grown ups here and going to do what ever we want to do. so if you think going were you know not to be is cool  do not come on here gabbering about it. If you do get ready for the hell that will follow you is that simple enough?
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:13:01 PM »
Didn't see the post/thread/shout that went with this topic, but from the sound of it, it appears that there was some discussion about wheeling on private land without permission. I can't comment on what was said or done, but I do want to point out that the enviro-nazi's will use ANYTHING they can, even if they take it out of context or have to massage it some to get it to fit their purpose. We unfortunately have to work twice as hard to protect what is already ours, and we are constantly threatened with loosing our public lands. I would ask everyone to choose their words carefully when discussing wheeling spots, 'cause even though we don't see them (lurking) I'd bet you dollars to donuts they are watching what we're doing here.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #23 on: Jan 14, 2009, 11:11:40 AM »
It was in the shout box.

junya92toy [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jan 15, 2009, 05:20:36 PM »
Ok and I will say I was playing devils advocate at first, but I was being serious about what is required to close a area. Its more about knowing your rights. So if its CLOSED and you dont know that, and legally there needs to be a sign. You can use that in court if it goes that far. LIke if you get pulled over and refuse to allow the cops to search your car. YOu have that right and they can not bully you into it or tow you ride. I like to know my rights, so I can defend myself if a situation comes up.

Ok Im going to repeat myself, I stopped typing and thought about what I wanted to say.
First off, asking what is illegal or what it takes to legally close a area does not mean, or make me a crimminal. Or mean I want to do something illegal.
MY main point in asking was what if you take a back road, or legal trail into a close area. And someone says to you, this area is closed and you go to jail. But you tell them legally you need a sigh, gate, or whatever. So they say, ok we missed a road, you need to leave. Not ok it doesnt matter you are going to jail and getting a fine.
As a son of a police officer, Im very big on knowing my rights. Its a way to protect yourself.
I have know people who I dont, hunt with or wheel with, who have before hunting season puts their own lock on a gate, thus closing the area. THen during hunting season they unlock the gate. So That area is illegally closed. See my point?

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #25 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:44:43 PM »
If it doesn't say open then stay off the trail :thumbs: Plain and simple.  You are getting way more complicated than it really is. 

Part of your privileges when you get your drivers license, is knowing the laws of the road/off road.  If you don't know them and the sign is not there, that's YOUR fault, not the landowner's fault. 

Example: If I'm drivin down the road talkin on my cell phone with no hands free and get pulled over, I can claim ignorance but I'll still get my ticket. 

It's the SAME THING. You get your license, you can't play stupid anymore.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

junya92toy [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jan 15, 2009, 10:21:20 PM »
Yet another person who missed the point.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #27 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:49:37 AM »
Yet another person who missed the point.

Your point doesn't make any sense :headscratch: If it's private property, it's private property.  Period.  I don't have to put up a sign on my land just to tell people to stay off.  If I have a fence up or a gate up (open or closed) they damn well better have permission before coming on to my land.  If this were Texas you'd get shot, sign or no sign :attention:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 757
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jan 16, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »
The rule we tell all new comers to WATTORA, and what we see DNR telling us as well, is that land is presumed closed unless otherwise posted. Whether it'd be empty field or old trail. The way they see it, no sign necessary unless its open.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2009, 10:23:29 PM by RK »
Max
Black Hole Racing - 84 Jackalope/79 Devil Bunny/87 Golf - Service rig: 2012 Ram 3500

junya92toy [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jan 16, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »
My point doesnt make sense that I want to know my rights about open and private land? If you dont know your rights about things and you fall to use them, they will get taken away.