Author Topic: BigMike's Second Yard Sale [Updated 10/6 @ 11:01a]  (Read 11244 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
BigMike's Second Yard Sale [Updated 10/6 @ 11:01a]
« on: Sep 06, 2008, 11:58:57 PM »
Please help me clean out more stuff from my garage :thumbs: Click on any image for a larger shot

I am located in Fresno, California!

Used Stock 1985 Front Differential, Open with 4.11s: $75.
This is a low mileage unit since it came from a front end. Never leaked any oil.

SOLD! Thank you! "SuperFlow" air compressor. This compressor works, just don't try to air up your tires with it. I bought it when I had 33s, and it did work, but once I got 35s and later 37s, it would only get to about 10 psi and then have a heart attack. The gauge is broken however. So if you are looking for a simple compressor to air up the tires on your Honda or the wife's car, just pay for shipping and it's yours. It works just fine, it's just I hate to throw it away when it works and no one around me needs it. Price: FREE

1st generation 1979-83 quick-release door hinges. These are the same style hinges WillyMammoth made for Marlin and are still in use on Marlin's truck. I began building these for my truck, but switched projects and never finished this. I later decided not to use them and they have been sitting around in my garage since this spring. They are labeled and the drivers side is 90% finished. Minor grinding work is still required for the passenger's side. I reinforced the lower part of the single shear resulting in a stronger design than WillyMammoth's :gap:
I got the hinges for free, so I don't want to make any money on them, just give me $25 for my fab time. Thanks

SOLD! Thank you! This is a genuine Marlin Crawler Drag link for a HySteer steering system. The bar is 31.5" long and includes two 23mm Marlin Crawler FJ80 tie rod ends. This is made with more expensive DOM tubing. I no longer need this because I installed a different front axle in my truck. It has been used since 2005 and is in great condition. I will also include new castle nuts and cotter pins. $30

This is a Pacesetter exhaust tip I bought for my MR2, ohhhhh I would say 7 years ago. I never used it, it is 100% brand-spanking-new. I bought it through Summit Racing, partnumber 959905. It fits 2-1/4" exhaust pipes and has two 2-1/2" tips that are resonated. I'm just looking for $25 for this.

These are two 7" round H4 conversion headlights. They have 100/90watt bulbs installed. I will be perfectly honest with you: They really aren't that great. They have this conical cover over each bulb which is designed for visual looks. The box said they are designed for "Show" and are not intended for on road use. Having said this, I'll take $20 for the pair including the nice bulbs which work just fine (low and high beams).
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2008, 11:02:23 AM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Re: BigMike's Second Yard Sale
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2008, 12:04:21 AM »
7-1/2 Quarts of Royal Purple Synchromax Synthetic ATF Automatic transmission gear oil with Synerlec. Again, I'll be brutally (embarrassingly) honest with this: I bought these for my brand-new Marlin Crawler rebuilt W56A-HD transmission I installed in my truck in June. All I thought was "Synchro"s and I bought them and started pouring them into my drivetrain. I first thought.... "Man, this Royal Purple is reeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyy thin for gear oil. Then WEAKLINK and freds40, who were with me at the time, saw what I was doing and clued me in on the fact that I was putting ATF fluid into my manual transmission. So I simply pulled the drain plug and drained allllllll the fluid out and poured them back into the bottles. While draining the fluid out, I accidentally over filled and lost 1/2 a quart (it spilled all over the ground!). Anyways, yes, I was pretty disappointed and generally pissed off from this one :thud:
So these are brand new quarts of Royal Purple Synthetic ATF oil that were poured into a new clean transmission and then immediately drained and returned right back into their containers. I GUARANTEE no metal, no brass, no aluminum exists in this oil. It is just as clean as it was when it came out. There are 7-1/2 quarts here, and they were $9.50 my cost each. So let's go about $7 each and I'll throw in the 1/2 quart for free. So let's go with $50 takes them all. Not a bad deal if you are looking to service your auto with some high quality synthetic oil. :thumbs:

SOLD! Thank you! These are Rubicon Express axle shims. I ran these on my rear axle a while back. They have sat in my garage since 2004. They are 5" long by 2.5" wide by 3/4" tall, which by my calculations makes them an 8-degree shim. $15 for the pair :thumbs:

SOLD! Thank you! These are 14"-stroke 5125 Bilstein shocks in used condition. They were ran on a V6 4Runner for 1 summer and then removed and have been sitting in blane525's garage for about a year. I now have them and would like $75 for the pair. I have compressed both of them by hand and they feel smooth and rebound as normal. I would run them on my truck, but I am looking for 12s. I will definitely trade straight across for 12s!

SOLD! Thank you! Marlin Crawler front axle 1984-85 U-Bolt flip kit. Includes everything required: (1) round short Ubolt, (1) round long Ubolt, (2) square long ubolts, (8 ) nuts, (8 ) washers, and (2) plates. They have many miles on them as I've used them since 2004. They have been to the Hammers numerous times, Rubicon at least a dozen times, Dusy-Ershim twice, Panamint Valley three times, Coyote, Red, Bald, etc. They worked great and were removed in great working condition :thumbs: Let's go $20 for the set.

This is a passenger's side rear lens complete from a Toyota T100. I believe it was a 1993 or a 1994. Genuine Toyota of course! Please make me an offer on this!

This is an Edelbrock intake manifold for a Datsun L-series 4-cylinder engine, such as the L13, L16, L18, L20B. I really don't know much about this. Marlin found it while cleaning out some stuff at the shop. He bought it and hand ported it to match the intake gasket. It also includes a small riser plate. If you know of anyone with an older Datsun 510 or a 1200 or the like, please show them this. Also if you happen to be a member of a Datsun forum, post a link to this for me! We don't know what this is worth, so let's start with $50 O.B.O. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2008, 11:02:46 AM by BigMike »

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2008, 12:16:59 AM »
Hey Mike, we're very interested in the Bilsteins and the draglink..... Any way you can bring em up to the roundup? :hyper:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

CE_TX

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2008, 06:51:10 AM »
Will you ship the front u-bolt flip kit to Longview, Tx. 75605?  If so, send me a pm with the total and how you want payment.

Thanks,

Eric

crawlerdan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2008, 08:00:47 AM »
mike ill trade you for 12s

mine where installed about 6 months ago, purchased form you, have about 1500 miles on em

Jordan7118

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,105
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2008, 08:15:17 AM »
Interested in the axle shims. Steel or aluminum? Shipping would be to 71913. Thanks!

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2008, 10:42:45 AM »
Hey Mike, we're very interested in the Bilsteins and the draglink..... Any way you can bring em up to the roundup? :hyper:

I was contacted via PM at 2am this morning, so that is pending. You are the first to request the shocks, so let's do that, I will bring them with me to the Round Up for ya :thumbs:

Will you ship the front u-bolt flip kit to Longview, Tx. 75605?  If so, send me a pm with the total and how you want payment.

Thanks,

Eric

Sure, I can ship this out UPS on Monday. Let's go with $8 shipping, so $28 total. I prefer paypal, address is bigmike@marlincrawler.com :thumbs: Please leave a note for what it is and also a shipping address!

mike ill trade you for 12s

Hey buuuudy, as much as I want to trade, you are in line behind FFC.

Interested in the axle shims. Steel or aluminum? Shipping would be to 71913. Thanks!
They are steel! Sorry for not mentioning this! Let's go $8 again for shipping, so $23 total. Paypal is preferred, bigmike@marlincrawler.com, please let a note for what it is and also a shipping address, thank you!

CE_TX

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
BigMike-Just sent payment via Paypal for the u-bolt flip kit.

Eric

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »
I was contacted via PM at 2am this morning, so that is pending. You are the first to request the shocks, so let's do that, I will bring them with me to the Round Up for ya :thumbs:

How do you prefer payment? :woohoo:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Jordan7118

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
They are steel! Sorry for not mentioning this! Let's go $8 again for shipping, so $23 total. Paypal is preferred, bigmike@marlincrawler.com, please let a note for what it is and also a shipping address, thank you!

I'll take 'em. I do money transfers from my bank account with Paypal. It takes a couple days but saves on fees. Would you mind holding them for me for maybe a week or so? You'll get the money, and I do want them! Thanks!

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
ill take that drag link. do you think you can get it up here to chico this week. want to make the round-up!!!! i can paypal you tomorrow.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
I'll take 'em. I do money transfers from my bank account with Paypal. It takes a couple days but saves on fees. Would you mind holding them for me for maybe a week or so? You'll get the money, and I do want them! Thanks!
he's a cool dude Mike, :thumbs:

btw Mike,  i pm'ed you about that donation
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Tallchevy

• Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

Jordan7118

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
he's a cool dude Mike, :thumbs:

Awww... Shucks! Thanks, Glen! :blushing:    :beerchug:

Thomas P

• Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 3,092
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
hey mike, i put that same stuff in my 5 speed yota tranny and my dual ultimates.......  :crazy: Ive had it in for over a year now, but havent had any issues...... It says on the front of it "high performance manual transmission fluid" and on the back it says "recommended for manual transmissions that require either automatic transmission fluid, multi viscosity motor oil, or straight grade motor oil" wouldnt that make this pretty much a universal tranny fluid? please correct me and PM me if I am wrong because im pretty worried that I may have ruined my nice tranny and my dual ultimates. Why did weaklink and freds40 say it wouldnt work?
'85 EFI X cab SR5. 42" Iroks, Dual ultimates etc.
'84 Std. cab  Yota, Chevy 4.3 swapped (makes v8's cry)
'88 4 Runner 39.5" Iroks FJ80 front, taco rear elockers dual ultimates
'07 Toyota Tundra crew max 5.7 (grocery getter/tow rig)
'14 Camry SE
SCX10 Honcho on roids!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
hey mike, i put that same stuff in my 5 speed yota tranny and my dual ultimates.......  :crazy: Ive had it in for over a year now, but havent had any issues...... It says on the front of it "high performance manual transmission fluid" and on the back it says "recommended for manual transmissions that require either automatic transmission fluid, multi viscosity motor oil, or straight grade motor oil" wouldnt that make this pretty much a universal tranny fluid? please correct me and PM me if I am wrong because im pretty worried that I may have ruined my nice tranny and my dual ultimates. Why did weaklink and freds40 say it wouldnt work?

wrong, its for manual trannies that dont use GEAR OIL.... hondas and many imports and bikes use straight 30 weight oil..... not a gear oil.... its like an engine oil, but doenst have as many detergents usually

:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

jrock

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
Put me in line if the ubolts fall through.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008, 12:32:53 AM by jkief86 »

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Put me in line if the draglink or ubolts fall through.

you have hysteer?

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,241
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile

wrong, its for manual trannies that dont use GEAR OIL.... hondas and many imports and bikes use straight 30 weight oil..... not a gear oil.... its like an engine oil, but doenst have as many detergents usually

WRONG, you can run ATF as a substitute to multi viscosity oils. Hence why my tcase is full of atf. It offers the same lubrication quailities as GL5, GL4, or straight weight oils. In fact there is less resistance and my gas mileage increased
Colorado...its where the cool kids live

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #19 on: Sep 08, 2008, 08:00:03 AM »

Sure, I can ship this out UPS on Monday. Let's go with $8 shipping, so $28 total. I prefer paypal, address is bigmike@marlincrawler.com :thumbs: Please leave a note for what it is and also a shipping address!

:doh: I missed that part.

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
BigMike-Just sent payment via Paypal for the u-bolt flip kit.

Eric

Awesome, I brought the flip kit with me to work and will be shipping it your way today :thumbs:

How do you prefer payment? :woohoo:

Hard, cold, cash

Yup, I'll hold 'em, let me know once the money transfer goes through!

ill take that drag link. do you think you can get it up here to chico this week. want to make the round-up!!!! i can paypal you tomorrow.

Ok, you are 2nd in line for this. If I don't get it sold by the time I leave for the Round Up, I will bring it with me. If this happens, then I prefer cash over PayPal. I'll let you know.

Hey BigMike

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=28809.0

:gap:

http://www.youareasquirrel.com

I don't know, now I am really mixed up. WEAKLINK told me he put that in his auto, and I realized it was pretty thin, so I called up Napa (where I bought them from) and asked them about it. They told me it is only for Autos and that I needed a different Royal Purple oil. I was like.... "WHHHAAATTTTT" because I told them what I had and they sent over the Synchromax. So they sold me some other type of Royal Purple at half price because of the mix up, but of course I couldn't return the ones I had because I already opened them up..

Well, if anything else, that opens the door up to more potential buyers :gap:

Hmmmmmm..... See, Angelo from here says his BWM uses ATF fuild in it's 5spd transmission. He told me that certain imports use ATF gear oil in manual transmissions. Begins how Toyota pickup trans have larger gears and bearings than smaller car transmissions, I just figured I better stick with thicker 80-90weight gear oil.. This is all interesting!

Put me in line if the ubolts fall through.

Sorry man, I've already been paid and am shipping them out today to CE_TX

WRONG, you can run ATF as a substitute to multi viscosity oils. Hence why my tcase is full of atf. It offers the same lubrication quailities as GL5, GL4, or straight weight oils. In fact there is less resistance and my gas mileage increased
!
 :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

:doh: I missed that part.

Hey relax, I'll deliver the shocks to ya at the round up with no delivery charge :thumbs:

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
you could use the synchomax in the power steering system ;)

~ John F. Kennedy ~

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee

Hey relax, I'll deliver the shocks to ya at the round up with no delivery charge :thumbs:

If it turns out you still have the draglink then, bring that too :yupyup:

I'll just bring cash, since you don't trust my PayPal abilities  :blah:

:hahaha: J/K.. I"ll bring the cash though.

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
If it turns out you still have the draglink then, bring that too :yupyup:

I'll just bring cash, since you don't trust my PayPal abilities  :blah:

:hahaha: J/K.. I"ll bring the cash though.

Great. If you charge a 4% financing fee, then I'll go with PayPal instead :rofl: I am not sure about the drag link, I am still waiting for a reply from someone else

Jordan7118

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
Yup, I'll hold 'em, let me know once the money transfer goes through!

Awesome! Will do! :thumbs:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Great. If you charge a 4% financing fee, then I'll go with PayPal instead :rofl: I am not sure about the drag link, I am still waiting for a reply from someone else

Then we'll call it even with the delivery :yupyup:

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
Ok, you are 2nd in line for this. If I don't get it sold by the time I leave for the Round Up, I will bring it with me. If this happens, then I prefer cash over PayPal. I'll let you know.

alright. well ill have to get something else then cause i need that to get me to the round up. ill have to order up some heims or something. thanks anyways bigmike! :)
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

rocktoy83

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 69
  • Male Posts: 505
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
hay whats up just wont to know how much it will cost to ship the third member out to 91803 :thumbs:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
.... hondas and many imports and bikes use straight 30 weight oil.....

I've never heard of or owned a bike that took a straight weight oil  :headscratch:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
ended up making a draglink this evening so im out for 2nd in-line. thanks.
-kiyul-
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER