Author Topic: Oregon people headin' to the Rubicon trail Sept. 11 or 12...  (Read 3530 times)

Crystal

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 21
  • Member since Aug '08
  • Lil' Miss Sunshine :)
    • View Profile
Hey everyone  :wave:! I know Ho Kid started a convoy but then found out he wouldn't be able to make it  :rivers:.
So, I'm trying to set one up for those of you who are in Oregon.
Let me know if you want to go down together and we can come up with the details.
Less than a month away!!!  :beerchug:

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
I got a group from the Klamath area headin down.  Not sure what time/day, but it will be 97 to 5 to 50.  If you guys are heading that way, let me know what day and time.

Crystal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '08
    • View Profile
Yeah we still haven't figured out what time or day  :confused:... although  :idea: maybe leaving Thursday evening would be good since there won't be any traffic and it'll be smooth sailing all the way down. Plus it'll take us about 9-10 hours so if we leave at like 8pm and drive all night we will get there Friday morning. But  :dunno: we still aren't sure the plan... so have you figured out when you guys are leaving yet?

Cheesemaker

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Here's a link to all the PNW members that are heading down to MCR08!  I really wish I could go, but I don't have any vacation left, $$ or a truck capable of doing the Rubicon.  Maybe next year! 

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=44003.0

Edit:  I only posted the link to keep all the convoy info all together!  :thumbs:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Boosted

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Jun '08
  • PacificNWRockCrawler
    • View Profile
Hey everyone  :wave:! I know Ho Kid started a convoy but then found out he wouldn't be able to make it  :rivers:.
So, I'm trying to set one up for those of you who are in Oregon.
Let me know if you want to go down together and we can come up with the details.
Less than a month away!!!  :beerchug:

Would love to join you, but looks like we are heading to Naches, WA that weekend.  If the Rubicon run falls thru, maybe you all could join us at Naches.  Dont mean to jack your thread, just giving some of you another option....  ;)

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
Yeah we still haven't figured out what time or day  :confused:... although  :idea: maybe leaving Thursday evening would be good since there won't be any traffic and it'll be smooth sailing all the way down. Plus it'll take us about 9-10 hours so if we leave at like 8pm and drive all night we will get there Friday morning. But  :dunno: we still aren't sure the plan... so have you figured out when you guys are leaving yet?

Crystal, I just talked to everyone last night.  Grrr, those goofballs!  Over half of them dropped out because they "can't afford it".  Looks like we're down to only 2 rigs comin' in from Oregon.  They are planning on leaving Friday morning(8-9am?) from Klamath Falls, heading south on 97 to hwy 5 and then to 50 and ice house.  I'll be meeting everyone at the staging area myself, since I got a buddy from the bay area picking me up.  I plan on getting there about 3-5pm myself, and we will make it to the sluice to camp out Friday night.  The "plans" end there, and Saturday morning and the rest of the weekend shall take on a life of it's own.

If you want, I can arrange a convey with your folks and my crew to head south together, or you can simply show up at the staging area when I'm there.  If you've never run it before, I'd be happy to be your guide(I do this a lot).

toyotanner

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 66
  • Male Posts: 1,958
  • Member since Oct '07
  • low n slow
    • View Profile
we have 3 rigs coming from the portland area leaving wednesday or thursday morning

coods

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 178
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
so you got any convoys set up yet? anybody who is planning on leavin wens night are thursday morn are more then welcome to tag along.  we have not set a exac time yet. but i think the earlyer the better. more time to have fun down there

Crystal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '08
    • View Profile
I guess I'm flying solo lol
I still think the best time to head down is when there isn't traffic...
that's why I'm going to leave thursday night and get there friday morning.
Hope everyone has a safe drive :)

Oh hey, does anyone have directions... I'm trying to figure out the best way to go.

toyotanner

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 66
  • Male Posts: 1,958
  • Member since Oct '07
  • low n slow
    • View Profile
take 1-5 to sacramento then jump on 50 take that to icehouse rd. and i believe that takes you to loon .... atleast thats what i have gathered.

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
take 1-5 to sacramento then jump on 50 take that to icehouse rd. and i believe that takes you to loon .... atleast thats what i have gathered.

You have gathered correctly.
Once at the spillway and staging area, just follow the trucks and you'll be set.

Our plans have shifted a little.  To Redding on Thursday, and out from Redding Friday morning with 23 rigs total.  See ya'll out there.

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
are u heading down with josh and twinkie from rhino lining
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock