Author Topic: Wow, this is one screwed up kid  (Read 3123 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Wow, this is one screwed up kid
« on: Mar 06, 2008, 09:14:08 AM »
Police: Mesa teen says he killed dad over Internet ban

JIM WALSH
The Arizona Republic

A 15-year-old boy told Mesa police he shot his father in the back of the head last month because he wouldn't let the teenager use the Internet, saying My Space was his outlet.
When Hughstan Schlicker heard officers talking about the investigation, he responded, "Dad came home, I shot him in the head, what investigation?" according to a Mesa police report released Wednesday.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/ss/local/78857.php
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, this is one screwed up kid
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2008, 09:52:59 AM »
 Holy crap!!!!.That kid deserves to be shot in the back of the head himself!!!.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2008, 09:57:57 AM »
I get pretty bitchy too without my intardweb ....but ...dang ...and over Myspace taboot  :shudder:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »
I think Myspace ranks right up there with MTV as far as screwing up kids...well, that and crappy parents. I know it's too late now...but, there's this thing called outside, make the pudgy little weener play outside...I don't know, maybe with other kids and develop some social skills.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2008, 10:26:36 AM »
its not the first person to die over myspace...we had an incident here in missouri just recently

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315684,00.html

RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2008, 10:35:05 AM »
Man, what ever happened to kids sneaking around, and thinking outside the box.  If myspace was that important to me, and I was told to stay off it, I'd just look at it at school, go to the library, friends house, etc.  It isn't that hard to get computer acess anymore.  Certainly not worth shooting someone over. 

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2008, 12:13:42 PM »
I think Myspace ranks right up there with MTV as far as screwing up kids...well, that and crappy parents. I know it's too late now...but, there's this thing called outside, make the pudgy little weener play outside...I don't know, maybe with other kids and develop some social skills.

I would have to say your right and i agree with you. I'm not going to let my kids sit all day on the computer or the boob tube, there going to be outside having fun like we used to in our days

military_stang
:respect:

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
amen

I won't go bashing myspace but i'm not a fan one bit. Just had to have a ficticious profile deleted of myself, some people think because i'm not a supporter its funny to make one for me anyway, some took it serious and thought it really was me.  :shake: Thanks but no thanks, id rather be outside.
Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2008, 02:02:40 PM »
lossers   hang him by the balls
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Plekto

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 27
  • Male Posts: 863
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2008, 03:36:12 PM »
My ex is getting all messed up/into Myspace and is totally addicted.  It's like crack.

And, no, none of it for my son.  I can laugh at her getting sucked into that mess, but my son, no way.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2008, 05:11:51 PM »
Man, what ever happened to kids sneaking around, and thinking outside the box.  If myspace was that important to me, and I was told to stay off it, I'd just look at it at school, go to the library, friends house, etc.  It isn't that hard to get computer acess anymore.  Certainly not worth shooting someone over. 

Cause he was an outcast and all he had was the internet, he had no outside friend otherwise he would not have been so obsessed.
And I guaruntee his parents did not give a crap about him and/or were abusive.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2008, 05:12:24 PM »
MYSPACE SUCKS!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2008, 05:14:28 PM »
But I must add... OMG.. what is with all the shootings lately.. it seems like almost daily anymore we're hearing about someone going into somewhere and shooting the place up...

my theory is direct to brain downloads at birth that are now being triggered. Or maybe I read too much Dean Koontz.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2008, 05:15:18 PM »
MYSPACE SUCKS!

:psss: yes I have an account, but it's FFC's fault and look at the last time I did anything with it.

Where is the Mammoth?

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2008, 06:21:19 PM »
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

dizzydevil

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -70
  • Male Posts: 1,491
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2008, 06:25:22 PM »
wow...that sucks! i could never shoot my dad over somthing like that or for anything else for that matter!

Now back to my space for me..........what ........connection lost........server buisy........FU*@ where's my gun!

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
Yea its crazy what the kid is upset about, but HE SHOT HIS DAD.  What happened to respecting your parents? Come on yall myspace, or no myspace this kid is messed up. Mabye there is more to the story.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

94MtnYote

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Member since Oct '07
  • - 94 std cab-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2008, 08:15:42 PM »
 That kid has to be a sociopath and should be put away for life, where he can think about his mistake.
Little phuck should have done the world a favor and blown his own head off.
 However, this whole situation could have been avoided if the father would have locked his firearms away from the dumb ass kid! This is one mistake he won't be learning from.....
22RE .30 over, mild cam, K&N, LCE header, 2.25'' pipe, high flow cat, Magnaflow.
 Marlin 1200LB clutch

no substitute for 4wheel drive.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »
  where he can think about his mistake.

MISTAKE!?!?!?

A mistake is wearing stripes with plaid. A mistake is eating a big bowl of stewed prunes before going on a cross-country flight.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 06, 2008, 10:30:35 PM »
...a mistake is waiting 'til the kid is a teenager to try to straighten him out...

Teach them when they are young.
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 06, 2008, 10:44:45 PM »
MISTAKE!?!?!?

A mistake is wearing stripes with plaid. A mistake is eating a big bowl of stewed prunes before going on a cross-country flight.
:spit:

Cause he was an outcast and all he had was the internet, he had no outside friend otherwise he would not have been so obsessed.
And I guaruntee his parents did not give a crap about him and/or were abusive.

:dunno: so?  I've been the outcast before.  I moved every two years on average growing up.  I didn't have internet access until 7th grade.  Eventually you make friends.  I have very little tolerance for people who base their lives off of material things.  The fact that his dad took myspace away from him indicates to me that he might have cared that his son was getting sucked into cyberspace.  Sure, I love marlin, but if I logged off tonight, and never made it back on, I'd be bummed, but I'd move on with life.  More and more people are resting their happiness in the hands of other people, and things, rather than looking inward. 

But I must add... OMG.. what is with all the shootings lately.. it seems like almost daily anymore we're hearing about someone going into somewhere and shooting the place up...

my theory is direct to brain downloads at birth that are now being triggered. Or maybe I read too much Dean Koontz.

Yes, yes you do :gap:  me too!! 

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »
:spit:

:dunno: so?  I've been the outcast before.  I moved every two years on average growing up.  I didn't have internet access until 7th grade.  Eventually you make friends.  I have very little tolerance for people who base their lives off of material things.  The fact that his dad took myspace away from him indicates to me that he might have cared that his son was getting sucked into cyberspace.  Sure, I love marlin, but if I logged off tonight, and never made it back on, I'd be bummed, but I'd move on with life.  More and more people are resting their happiness in the hands of other people, and things, rather than looking inward. 

you're right, that was a dumb comment on my part.

Where is the Mammoth?

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #22 on: Mar 07, 2008, 03:01:19 PM »
I hate myspace and will never join.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Mar 07, 2008, 03:28:03 PM »
:dunno: so?  I've been the outcast before.  I moved every two years on average growing up.  I didn't have internet access until 7th grade.  Eventually you make friends.  I have very little tolerance for people who base their lives off of material things.  

Wow. I had it worse than you. I moved every year and a half or so, until I moved out (?). I was always the new kid at school and thus always had to fight someone just to prove myself. To my knowledge I never shot my Mom or anyone else...to top it all off...there wasn't an internet to be taken away. Hell, I don't think algore invented it until I was like 30!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Mar 07, 2008, 03:55:53 PM »
Wow. I had it worse than you. I moved every year and a half or so, until I moved out (?). I was always the new kid at school and thus always had to fight someone just to prove myself. To my knowledge I never shot my Mom or anyone else...to top it all off...there wasn't an internet to be taken away. Hell, I don't think algore invented it until I was like 30!

:yupyup:  usually it wasn't too much of an issue with me.  I was always bigger.  :gap:

-Ronald Reagan

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Mar 07, 2008, 04:02:45 PM »
:yupyup:  usually it wasn't too much of an issue with me.  I was always bigger.  :gap:

Well, I grew to 6'1" the summer between 6th and 7th grade...which because of my academic excellence should have been the summer between 7th and 8th...but, WTH. :cheese:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Mar 07, 2008, 04:06:51 PM »
Well, I grew to 6'1" the summer between 6th and 7th grade...which because of my academic excellence should have been the summer between 7th and 8th...but, WTH. :cheese:

sounds like we were just about on par.  I started 9th grade at 6'3" .  I was 5'11" going into 6th grade.

-Ronald Reagan