Author Topic: got a 95 taco (wrecked)given to me what parts can i put in my 80  (Read 2322 times)

lal357

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -22
  • Member since Nov '03
  • are we there yet are we there yet
    • View Profile
friend gave me a wrecked 95 taco no engine what all should i get from it before it goes to the scrap yard i see bucket seats,power sterring pump,5spd tranny (not sure what kind),rotors and calipers for my rear ,anything else ya'll can think of ?maybe rearend (dont need it but could give to someone else
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2008, 06:02:07 PM by lal357 »
80yota 22r 32/36 weber,header,custom bed,4.88 spooled rear Aussie front ,63" chevies,cage,yada,yada

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
There is no such thing as a 94 taco, it has to be a hilux.  Tacomas didn't come out until 95 as a half year model I believe.  I'd pull the entire interior, everything under the hood, gas tank, entire wiring harness and all lights/markers.  Not a bad idea to pull all the glass too.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
yea man  all those wires  and sensors  and stuff can bring a nice  penny  over on TTORA
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

lal357 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
my bad its a 95 he got it to put the engine in his 94 runner glass is shot.
80yota 22r 32/36 weber,header,custom bed,4.88 spooled rear Aussie front ,63" chevies,cage,yada,yada

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Everything in that truck as far as running gear is far superior to what came in your 80 by a loooong shot.  Trans is way stronger, rear axle housing is 3" wider to help the tires clear the frame and it has bigger brakes.  The master cylinder and booster are far bigger and stronger than what your rig came with too. 

Actually if I had what you have sitting there Id just swap the body onto that frame and be done with it. :gap:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

lal357 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
wish i could frame is about 6" tweaked .can a 4cyl 3rd fit in a 6cyl rear that way i wouldn't have to regear the taco rear.already thinking about swapping boosters since I'm running marlins mastercyl now. also have to find where i read that you can use the taco's front disc in the rear.
thanks for the input guys

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
Keep in mind it is not a tacoma.  For the most part there arentt ANY parts that area direct swap between taco's and pre taco's. 

Your rear diff will drop right in, the front hubs can be swapped easily. Here's a thread on doing just that. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218389  Im DWT on PBB in case you care.

The booster is a straight up swap too.  The trans and case are way better too, but you'd have to change the case mount setup and do driveline mods as that trans is about 5" longer.

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Keep in mind it is not a tacoma.  

friend gave me a wrecked 95 taco

Sounds like a taco to me?

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
95 1/2 is the first taco.  95 is a hilux.  If his buddy pulled the engine and dropped it in a 94 chances are its a hilux. ;)

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Ah, I was thinking like a 2.7 swap. :hammerhead: Yeah, keep lots of parts off of this thing, I had a rolled 88 and I wish I could have kept the whole truck, ya never know when you need something off of it or someone else wants to buy something off of it. But if it is a taco, I do not think too much can be swapped over, but I bet people would buy stuff from it.

lal357 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
it had a 3.0 v6 in it does not have manuel locking hubs (odd) i'm gonna make a list of what to rob offof it then put it on my hauler and tear it apart that way i can just take it to the scrap yard .

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
3.0 is for sure 100% hilux!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!