Author Topic: longfield questions inner axles the 30 spline long spline inner for e lockers  (Read 2452 times)

robrub00

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -231
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Apr '05
  • One Day Ill be actually driving my toyota!
    • View Profile
ok  so i bought a set on 30 spline longs a while back .  haven't got to install them yet. i saw that they had the long pline inner that they say is for elockers.  i have a elocker high pinion  and i just ordered cryo'd 5.29's for.  soooo.  I asked them when i was ordering if i could excange mu inner for a long spline one.  so i sent it to them there shipping me the slong spline inner.  Soo i was told on the phone that it was just the long side that is effected.  so  Im wondering the new longspline one im getting is it still cryod and 4340 like the regular ones.  and basicly im wondering if im getting the right thing.  has no one been able to run 30 splines with a elocker before this product came out?? why is the long spline needed?  all i could find was a add on pirate for this  but didnt have an explination. .... ps sorry.. i might be mildly retarded.  :hammerhead:

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
lol that last line kills me :ha_ha:

just call the shop and ask mr. long himself , they will be able to give you the down and dirty about it

robrub00 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Apr '05
    • View Profile
i work 7 am to 6 pm every weekday.  sooo i cant call him ,  tommarow i work til 9 :smack:  i wish i had his email.  i dont think ke emails much though i know he is on pirate everyonce in a while

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
that blows... sorry dude

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Why don't you just wait and see what arrives before speculating that you might be getting the wrong parts. Bobby knows whats up, you will get what you order. Why would he non heat treat or use inferior materials just because it is long spline? All of his parts are going to made to the same standards.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

robrub00 [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Apr '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2008, 08:45:31 AM »
Ok im just worried. I assumed they were the same process. I didnt ask many questions when i ordered. If its not what i need its my fault cuz i ordered wrong. Longfield is sending me what i asked for.  Hope no one thinks im bashing.  Thanks for the reply