Author Topic: New Tundra Desiel Dually!!!  (Read 11528 times)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: New Tundra Desiel Dually!!!
« Reply #90 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:55:59 PM »
diesels have come along way, expecially in the last 8 years. next year gm is putting a 4.5L v8 baby duramax in their 1/2 ton trucks and fullsize suv's thats rated at 520ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels and 31mpg in a reg cab short bed 2wd pickup. cleanest diesel ever. ford has a similar motor that is supposed to come out at about the same time with similar power numbers (i think its listed as either a 4.7 or 4.8L but not sure). dodge could easily have been using the 3.9L cummins 4bt. turn up the turbo and its at about 400-420ft/lbs of torque. add injectors, larger turbo, upgrade the head gasket and 500ft/lbs of torque is definatly in easy reach, great fuel economy as well. keep in mind that 4bt came out in the late 80's. with bottom end upgrades to the 4bt (only one of the 3 motors currently in mass production, thats why i'm mentioning it) and other work for strength i know of a 3.9L 4bt thats a little over 900ft/lbs of torque and its been reliable. major work done to it to get that from it (he doesnt think he can go any higher without killing it), could say that its had "minor tweaking" but thats definatly a lie. custom crank, sequential turbo setup, everything else he got for it he ordered the same parts as you would for a 12 valve 6bt, minus 2 of each.

then toyota puts an 8L in a prototype thats been tweaked up to 600ft/lbs, need to slap the engineers that thought it was a good idea. people figure bigger displacement, more power. yet as pat mentioned it has over a liter in displacement over any of the diesel competition and comes up to the plate with 50ft/lbs of torque LESS than the lowest power competition. motor thats expected to get significantly worse fuel economy, 5 speed manual instead of a 6 speed that all of their competators went to around the year 2000, DEFINATLY slackin there. either that tranny has wider gear spacing between the gears, has no overdrive, or doesnt have a granny low gear. come with an axle thats ring gear is 2" larger than any of the competition yet is rated for the same as the competition? i know the rear axles in the big 3 1 ton dually's will survive pulling 35,000 pounds on a regular basis, weakest link being the g80 gov lock offered in the gm's.

by the way not a toy the shuttle uses liquid oxygen and hydrogen for fuel. none of what i just typed is cut/paste.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:04:32 PM »
i know man it was a joke? dang your grumpy tonight
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 2,363
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:10:36 PM »
Wow red u got a case of the  
LOL lots of good info and stuff but
you really tested my attention span!!  LOL which has been compared to that of a 3 year old I have been told!
Life is too short!!!   Do something with it!!!

WILLYNILLY
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=23944.new#new

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:13:57 PM »
you really tested my attention span!!  LOL which has been compared to that of a 3 year old I have been told!

:funny:
_[O!!!!!O]_

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #94 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:24:20 PM »
haha sorry man just got on a bit of a rant about diesels and towing.

sorry not a toy, lack of sleep is gettin to me again. that and some little :pokinit: was drivin me nuts at the grocery store tellin me that fullsizes have no use. that his 93 toyota pickup with the 4cyl had more power than my blazer, that it could go more places, got "double" the fuel economy (i get 16 mixed, no overdrive either), yada yada.

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:43:14 PM »
You went further than I would have.  At that point I'll either just say "oh really" sarcastically, or more likely just "hmmmmm" and walk away.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »
Yeah my favorite thing to say is "oh ok" it really pisses people off
_[O!!!!!O]_

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #97 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »
Yeah my favorite thing to say is "oh ok" it really pisses people off
thats basicly all i ever said he was just constant yack yack yack yack.... little turd wouldnt shuttup. mostly i ignored what he said just grabbed the few groceries i was there to pick up but the kid just kept talkin to me there in the checkout line.

USAF EOD tech

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:33:33 PM »
how old was this "little twerp?" if he was that young considering your young yourself you shoulda just said I sucked your moms  :boobs: :offtopic: :thpst: anyways My vote goes for the sweet ass toyota dually! I should have never bought a jeep  :shhh: stupid 8.25 axle   :headshake:
_[O!!!!!O]_

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #99 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:27:14 AM »
looked 15 or 16, acted like he was 2.

could pick up whats left of my old 4runner from pat and allen before they strip everything off of it haha.

USAF EOD tech

Fearofrunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 620
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:07:43 AM »
all of their competition can do that with ease like skipinrocks said.

pat before you go talkin :pokinit: about chevy's read up about the hino diesel thats been in production for years

Got a little sand in your va jaja do ya dan?

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #101 on: Jan 28, 2008, 11:04:29 AM »
read up a few posts pat, wasnt in the best mood after getting roughly 5 hours of sleep for 3 days and that little :pokinit: buggin me at the grocery store.

USAF EOD tech

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Jan 28, 2008, 11:06:21 AM »
sand in the old jaja slap that pregnant dog next time dan.
_[O!!!!!O]_

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:16:10 AM »
This is a little off topic but my suggestion is that we all submit our views on toyota also coming out with another mini truck and maybe it will happen.  Here is what i wrote them:

I have a suggestion for a new toyota concept.  And I was lookiing for a section on the future concept page that would allow me to post suggstions for a new vehicle.  I suggest making another mini truck  because the tacoma has grown more into the middle-size class. But I think if you do a mini it should be mainly a truck that gets awsome mileage.  But also have an option that would  be comparable to the jeep rubicon.  So I would suggest to have at least  3 different drive train options/upgrades.  One being a 2wd vehice that could get up to 30 or so MPG and then a seccond being a 4wd option with a lot more clearance, as toyota has always done well with on their 4wd vehicles and also maybe a e-locker in the rear end and with wheel wells that will clear 31" tires, and the 3rd option having a bigger engine package maybe and also front and rear e-lockers with perhaps a solid front axle and come stock with 31" tires and be able to clear 33" tires in stock form.

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #104 on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:42:45 AM »
good thinkin. they should also offer their diesels here in the US.

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Jan 30, 2008, 07:00:14 PM »
then toyota puts an 8L in a prototype thats been tweaked up to 600ft/lbs, need to slap the engineers that thought it was a good idea.

Remember it's neither a prototype nor was it built by engineers.  It was something a builder was given free reign to build, build us something for the show type of thing.  If they were to get serious I'm sure they'd step it up, but for a truck built specifically for sema the engine was a good choice.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!