Author Topic: DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK TONIGHT!!!!!  (Read 1891 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK TONIGHT!!!!!
« on: Nov 03, 2007, 05:51:58 PM »
 :cheese:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Collier you are so smart thanks for that
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
Collier you are so smart thanks for that
you'll be thankig me when u are on time for sunday school tomorrow morning!  :biggthumpup:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
you'll be thankig me when u are on time for sunday school tomorrow morning!  :biggthumpup:

I dont go to sunday school  :shhh:
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
DO I really have too? If I reset my clocks...I'll be the only one in Arizona.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
DO I really have too? If I reset my clocks...I'll be the only one in Arizona.
ya, u guys suck..not fair
RIP KYOTA

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
set them forward..........

:yikes:
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
ya, u guys suck..not fair

Actually...it sucks for us. If we have any contact with the outside world we have to remember what y'all are doing! Sometimes we're in the pacific time zone, sometimes the mountain. We just plod along in real time, while, almost, everyone else is in a time warp.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Trunkz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 79
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
sucks for me i work 3rd.. my 9 hour shift turned into a 10 hour shift with an unpaid hour!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
sucks for me i work 3rd.. my 9 hour shift turned into a 10 hour shift with an unpaid hour!

:therethere: that does suck.

I know I am in the minority but I love this time change. Yeah, people complain that it's gets dark too early, but what is the difference if it's dark at 5:30 or 6:30, it's still dark by the time we get home from work and want to do anything.
But then we don't generally do anything outside after work anyway.
All's I know is I find it way easier to wake up. My internal clock does not like that earlier hour.
Oh.. and btw - this is STANDARD time, so that is the time it's supposed to be. Why do they find it necessary to change to daylight savings time anyway? Who needs it to light at 9pm?

What is the reason for all this anyway? If anything it would make more sense to switch the two times so you do get a LITTLE more light at this time of year and not so much when it's light late anyway. But no one ever said that the government had any logic.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: