Author Topic: Windows Vista Users  (Read 1977 times)

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Windows Vista Users
« on: Nov 01, 2007, 02:00:51 PM »
ANyone with windows vista.....

DO any of you have something that uses a Micro SD card that when you put it in the adapter and then put it in the computer the computer doesnt recognize it and tries to download the hardware and it cant? I did some research and some places it says that the micro sd card wont work with Vista for some reason... I dont know whats up. I have a motorla Slvr and it uses the micro sd card so I have a 1gb and the phone wont format the card, recognizes it.

Now some of you might say its the card but its not. I put it in my desktop which is windows xp and the card works great. I dont get it!

Any ideas?
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

mr_will

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 29
  • Member since Sep '07
  • All OK Jump Master! AIRBORNE!
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Vista Users
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2007, 02:19:55 PM »
what are you using to read the card. A card reader or through your phone. If it is through your phone you may need a driver for it.
I have a vista, xp, os x, and linux boxes and there are certain things I need drivers for on just certain boxes but they work fine on others.

it maybe the format of the card itself as well. Reformat it on the XP box with FAT32 and not the phone and see if the Vista box will read it.

just to add I literally hate Vista it pisses me off as much as ME did. We are supposed to roll it out to the boxes at work 1st quarter next year. What hell that is going to be.

U.S. Army Retired
NRA Life Member
Owner: Crankgoboom Racing

James G. Bilkey - "You will never be the person you can be if pressure, tension, and discipline are taken out of your life."

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2007, 02:26:37 PM »
what are you using to read the card. A card reader or through your phone. If it is through your phone you may need a driver for it.
I have a vista, xp, os x, and linux boxes and there are certain things I need drivers for on just certain boxes but they work fine on others.

it maybe the format of the card itself as well. Reformat it on the XP box with FAT32 and not the phone and see if the Vista box will read it.

just to add I literally hate Vista it pisses me off as much as ME did. We are supposed to roll it out to the boxes at work 1st quarter next year. What hell that is going to be.

Im sticking it directly into the card reader on the side of my laptop, same with on the desktop im stickin it directly into the card reader using an adapter for the micro sd to sd card.

Ill try reformatting it in a little bit.

I actually like vista a lot. Its pretty easy to use and has some cooler features then xp. Not only that my laptop works better then the desktop with xp... Not just cause its newer but it just seems to be better. Now ME on the other hand can seriously go eat one, that was the worst OS ever made.

GET IT!!!

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2007, 03:32:06 PM »
FAT and FAT32 both did not work..

GET IT!!!

Mistaken

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 55
  • Member since Oct '07
  • i like lights
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2007, 06:34:23 PM »
i have vista on my laptop and also can not get my sisters phone to recognize the music on the mini sd card. i have not tried the desk top with xp though.
1997 gmc sierra short box 4x4
33"mastercraft MT's
cat back duals

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2007, 08:17:54 PM »
i have not tried the desk top with xp though.

I will bet $5 that it will work on the desktop with XP. Mine worked great.

GET IT!!!