Author Topic: The fruit of my loin  (Read 4110 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
The fruit of my loin
« on: Oct 07, 2007, 05:20:40 PM »
I posted a while back about my future SIL and my daughter going to California where he was going to propose. I finally got some pics of the trip...blatantly proud papa warning!

Anna, some local and Maurice

:bling:

Goofy River Run

I think they will, God willing, make some beautiful babies! IF they ever get around to posting the video of the proposal...I'll link to it.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: The fruit of my loin
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2007, 05:44:59 PM »
thats some  :bling:
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2007, 05:50:35 PM »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »
glad to see you are happy about gettign a son in law...

haha, im dreading that point... my daughters not dating until shes 35! ;)
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2007, 05:52:33 PM »
Your daughter has a BIG plastic head!
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2007, 05:54:12 PM »
glad to see you are happy about gettign a son in law...

haha, im dreading that point... my daughters not dating until shes 35! ;)

Believe me...after a parade of Oprah-fied weenies, I was relieved when she fell for him.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 07, 2007, 05:54:44 PM »

But...she's got a nice smile!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2007, 06:08:12 PM »
congrats
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 07, 2007, 06:37:32 PM »

You beat me to it......bastag!

Congrats, she's still a hottie :yupyup:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 07, 2007, 07:39:07 PM »
your daughter is very pretty abnormaltoy, he is a lucky man!   :)

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #10 on: Oct 07, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »
he's got a  really nice  tan  :shhh:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #11 on: Oct 07, 2007, 08:01:22 PM »
MY EYES  OH MY EYES 

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 07, 2007, 08:21:03 PM »
Thanks Nate and Shamb...I normally don't refer to her with that phrase, but, yes she is (takes after her mom!). I like to go to the mall or what ever with her, kinda hang back and watch the guys trying to check her out on the DL.  :rofl2: We men are such dorks!

Glen...We do live in the desert.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 07, 2007, 08:27:02 PM »
 :thumbs: Congratulations  :thumbs:

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 07, 2007, 11:44:50 PM »
Thank you!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct 08, 2007, 07:10:44 AM »
She should be well taken care of if he can afford to buy her churros at Disneyland!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #16 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:07:33 AM »
Congrats!! :bling:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:55:31 AM »
I don't know if he committed to Disney Churros forever...are they worth the drive from AZ?

I'm just as happy as a clam for them.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #18 on: Oct 09, 2007, 10:47:46 PM »
Minnie was trying to cop a feel. :yesnod:

Congrats man.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 10, 2007, 07:24:07 AM »
Minnie has good taste!

Thanks man.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 10, 2007, 11:01:01 AM »
Wow, Neato!  :cheer:   Congrats to abnormaltoy, beautiful daughter, and very very lucky future SIL, who isn't too bad to look at himself!  :eyebrow:

May your beautiful grandbaby cup overfloweth!  :yupyup:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 10, 2007, 11:45:30 AM »
Thank you! I think they're a handsome couple.

I need a while to work on my grand parenting skills...let's see, 8pm...coffee and dark chocolate. then take 'em back to mom and dad for bedtime!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 10, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »
I need a while to work on my grand parenting skills...let's see, 8pm...coffee and dark chocolate. then take 'em back to mom and dad for bedtime!

:thumbs:  sounds like you've got the right idea.....now just don't forget, any time mom or dad says "no", be RIGHT there to step in and point out how little mom and dad know about child rearing, and reverse the decision immediately!  Add a new toy daily, and you have perfect grandparenting!  :yesnod:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

Tallchevy

• Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Oct 10, 2007, 11:53:49 AM »
:thumbs:  sounds like you've got the right idea.....now just don't forget, any time mom or dad says "no", be RIGHT there to step in and point out how little mom and dad know about child rearing, and reverse the decision immediately!  Add a new toy daily, and you have perfect grandparenting!  :yesnod:
That what my dad did. My kids got everything they wanted from him including the sugar high  :willynilly:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Oct 10, 2007, 11:58:34 AM »

Wow...maybe I can find some lawn darts on ebay!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Oct 10, 2007, 12:01:57 PM »
That what my dad did. My kids got everything they wanted from him including the sugar high  :willynilly:

I will probably use subterfuge to raise anti-BS right wing young-uns...I'm sure their teachers are gonna love me. I know my daughters teachers hated to see me at school nights!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Oct 10, 2007, 12:02:33 PM »
LOL,what is it with grand dads man.Mine does the exact same thing!!!.He's awesome though and I love him dearly for it.They've bought both my kids quads.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Oct 10, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »
Mark,you have a beautiful daughter and I think you'll make a great father in law and grandpaw!!!...  :headscratch:  Hmm,I'm gonna buy you a nice hat.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Oct 10, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »
Mark,you have a beautiful daughter and I think you'll make a great father in law and grandpaw!!!...  :headscratch:  Hmm,I'm gonna buy you a nice hat.

I was just looking into the required Grampa attire...I noticed big shorts and black socks with garters and sandals...a nice chapeau would finish the look! I've been practicing my puttering and muttering.

Thanks!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Oct 10, 2007, 07:02:31 PM »
Wow...maybe I can find some lawn darts on ebay!

:hahaha: 

While cleaning out my Grandma's attic after she died, we found some lawn darts :disturbed:  Guess what we did immediately :yupyup:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent