Author Topic: PICS:The 85 on it's first wheeling trip and her first flop!!!!!! PICS:  (Read 21240 times)

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 977
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Here are a few picture from a wheeling trip that I went on last thanksgiving. This was in the trucks early stages, it has been completely rebuilt since this trip, actually at this point the only thing that I had done to the truck was install chromoly 30 splines and arb's. Since this the suspension has been all redone. I baught this truck partially built and I'm sure as you all know, not everyone is a metal smith or a good fabricater. The truck is now exo caged, it has a flat bed, dual ultimate crawlers, 37" mtrs, and it has been lowered, not to mention everything was rewelded, talk about a lot of work. I would have rather done it myself the first time.

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2007, 04:58:42 PM by gtoyonrocks »
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 252
  • Male Posts: 2,451
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: The 85 Pics!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2007, 10:49:56 PM »
sweet
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2007, 10:54:31 PM »
Thanks man, everyone wants to see pictures, so there you go.
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2007, 11:31:26 PM »
Was that Ocotillo Wells or Truckhaven?  That territory looks really familiar.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2007, 11:44:30 PM »
That was superstition. We planned on going to the hammer, but we weren't ready for that, and eiter was the 85 so we went with something a little milder, it still turned out to be a great weekend

yotamckimboy4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -177
  • Male Posts: 354
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: The 85 on it's first wheeling trip!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2007, 06:07:59 PM »
sweet pics how did you fab your lisece plate like that it looks sick
"We ride together, We die together, YOTABOYS FOR LIFE"    85 toy pickup 5 inch springs 2inch body lift, 36" IROKS, custom front bumper
"HOLD ON TIGHT"

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2047
  • Male Posts: 8,730
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »
sweet pics how did you fab your lisece plate like that it looks sick

check out a company called fbi, there are others out there too, but fbi comes to mind... they are a minitruck type of place....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

yotamckimboy4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -177
  • Male Posts: 354
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2007, 06:17:21 PM »
wats there website
"We ride together, We die together, YOTABOYS FOR LIFE"    85 toy pickup 5 inch springs 2inch body lift, 36" IROKS, custom front bumper
"HOLD ON TIGHT"

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2007, 06:32:53 PM »
I'm actually trying to sell that bed. Haha, I'm actually trying to sell that bed, the lisence plate mount came from one of those low rider shops. I thought it would look cool.

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2007, 07:08:14 PM »
 :thumbs: Cool pics! Nice truck  :yesnod:

Doable

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 90
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2007, 07:18:05 PM »
Man nice truck !  I really like the front bumper simple but not overdone    :cool:
Nothing puts a smlie on my face like the green glow of 4x4 on the dash !
BSLCA.com

YotaChris

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 274
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Man. That other black truck looks sweet.  :gap:
I LOVE MY YOTAS!!

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Pretty sweet if I say so myself, it would be a hell of alot nicer if you put some sheeting on that bed, and maybe some bumpers and sliders.  :biggthumpup:

YotaChris

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Well you know, along with my 50 million other projects I am slowly working on it. :cheese:
I LOVE MY YOTAS!!

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
yea, yea, I have heard that before. Do you know what they say about excuses?

YotaChris

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
They're like Herpes.. Everyones got them??   :ack: :gap:
I LOVE MY YOTAS!!

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
 :hahaha: :joke: :cheese: :yupyup: :ha_ha: :clap: :clap2: HAHA,  :laugh: :hahaha: :joke: :yupyup: :cheese: :rofl2: :haha: :clap: :clap2:

Doable

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 90
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
 You wouldn't have any side shots of how far the front bumper is sticking out from the grill ?
What size tubing is it made from 1 3/4" ?
In the 1st post you said the truck had been rebuilt, but if you had some front end pictures I'd appreach it, I would like to build one similar to it cause it a nice built.Thanks
Nothing puts a smlie on my face like the green glow of 4x4 on the dash !
BSLCA.com

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
I don't know if I have any pics like what your asking for, but I will post some. I will be over at my buddies shop in a couple of days, when I am there I will take a couple. The bumper is made out of 2" tubing, if I had to do it again I would use 1.75" tubing, the 2" is alot harder to work with. Thanks for the compliments.  :biggthumpup:

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Pics of that bumper should be up Friday night, along with an update on where my truck is. It's so close. I need to get  this thing on the trail, it has been way to long.

Lizard_lips

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Male Posts: 1,080
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
Hey I gotta question. How do you test the damn fuel pump? I'm about to put an inline pump. do you think it'll work for a pump?
The statistic on sanity is that One in every four is insane, Think of your three best friends if they're ok then its you.

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Yea, you can run an inline pump, but to the best of my knowledge your existing fuel pump has to  be working. Sometimes fuel pumps don't completely go out, it may be working, but not pumping enough pressure. I would do a fuel pressure test. I'm at work right now, when I get home I will read up on how to test it and I will give you a call. I believe the stock pumps pushes about 90 psi. In my truck with the 4.3 that wasn't enough, so I am running an inline pump for a booster. Did you pull the pump out of your other truck??? I will get back to you as soon as I can. I will talk to you later.

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,413
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
are you showing up at MCR this year?
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
I would like to, but I'm not sure.

Lizard_lips

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
what up. I dig the truck. my bro junk still sucks
The statistic on sanity is that One in every four is insane, Think of your three best friends if they're ok then its you.

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Thanks man, It's work in progress. I need to post some updated pics. I hope you guys get your brothers truck going.

Lizard_lips

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
good stuff. Did you ever get some update pics? we got his running. now were just looking for a driveshaft for dual cases. don't want to build one or have it done and then swap to one tons and have to redo them

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Yea, that's cool. I have my camera, but no charger, I loaned it to my mom when she went on vacation. She lost the charger somewhere along the way. I will get some on here in the next few days. What was the deal with your bros truck??

Misfit4Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 313
  • Member since Jul '07
  • This line intentionally left blank
    • View Profile
lol pretty soon their will be three trucks in these shoots. but mine will be white till i primer grey it. Chris says hes thinking about painting his bright orange... like that beenie he wears... you know the one that makes him look like hes wearing a swim cap.  :cheese: lol
If you dont stand behind our troops, Please feel free to stand in front of them.

88 xtra cab sas'd dual cases flatbed

gtoyonrocks [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
HAHA, I don't know what his deal is. I have been trying to figure out why he would want to make a rock truck look pretty, it's one thing if you keep it mild, but that isn't going to happen, the hammers are to close. Someone needs to talk some sense into that guy. I'm going to be heading over to my friends Jak's house in a couple of hours, got to finish the exo and I'm going to set up the bump stops for the front.