Author Topic: is america really this stupid???  (Read 7617 times)

CaseyP

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 115
  • Male Posts: 70
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Yosemite Off Road
is america really this stupid???
« on: May 21, 2007, 11:56:59 PM »
so im incredibly bored and cant sleep....so i decided just to browse around my owners manual for my new DMax.....and the first thing that is in the manual is.....HOW TO INSERT THE SEAT BELT INTO LATCH!!!

is this really how stupid our country has become :shocking: :shocking: :yikes:
Bring it!!!!!

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
Re: is america really this stupid???
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:13:47 AM »
Probably for the foreigners. Maybe you should press "1" for English :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

NT-OUTBACK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 12:29:46 AM »
The lawyers made them put it there, because sadly some Americans don't take responsibilty for their actions.

CaseyP [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 115
  • Male Posts: 70
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Yosemite Off Road
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 12:35:59 AM »
Probably for the foreigners. Maybe you should press "1" for English :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
Bring it!!!!!

Tallchevy

• Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 12:46:11 AM »
It should be press "1" for any other language other than English!
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 06:03:24 AM »
It should be press "1" for any other language other than English!
and why is there only one other language option? what about the hundreds of different languages spoken.. oh, that's right, the others take the time to LEARN english.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 07:15:34 AM »
The lawyers made them put it there, because sadly some Americans don't take responsibilty for their actions.

Lawyers!  :reg: Their also the reason a bill in Congress that takes you and me a minute to explain is 700 pages long in text form.

and why is there only one other language option? what about the hundreds of different languages spoken.. oh, that's right, the others take the time to LEARN english.

Sad, but true.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Tallchevy

• Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 03:18:43 PM »
After they push "1" let them go through all the other language options  :twocents:

87 4Runner redo

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 03:21:01 PM »
Para informacion en Espanol marke ocho
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

TRHS1980

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 234
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 06:10:36 PM »
:psss: Just remember people, for it to be immigration, there must be assimalation. :bandit:
2007 Tacoma 4x4 6-speed on 35's

"In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted."

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 08:02:05 PM »
Well when you buy a hot cup of coffee, spill it on yourself, sue the fastfood chain that sold it to you and win what do you expect? Soon there'll be directions on a tissue paper on how not to get a paper cut when wipping your ass.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 08:06:37 PM »
they offer DMV tests in otehr languages, even languages that use wierd spellings and sybols that arent even part of the 26 letter alphabet...

but all the stop signs and otehr road signs are spelled out using the alphabet.... like ped xing, stop, slippery when wet, slow trucks, etc
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 08:07:55 PM »
:psss: Just remember people, for it to be immigration, there must be assimalation. :bandit:

Wow! Johnnie Cochran came back from the grave!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

TRHS1980

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 02:44:23 PM »
Well when you buy a hot cup of coffee, spill it on yourself, sue the fastfood chain that sold it to you and win what do you expect? Soon there'll be directions on a tissue paper on how not to get a paper cut when wipping your ass.

I totally agree that frivolous lawsuits are destroying america, but when you read the whole story of the infamous spilt mcdonalds coffee it does make a bit more sense.

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

"In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted."

TRHS1980

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 02:44:53 PM »

Wow! Johnnie Cochran came back from the grave!

Should I be offended?

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 02:59:38 PM »
I totally agree that frivolous lawsuits are destroying america, but when you read the whole story of the infamous spilt mcdonalds coffee it does make a bit more sense.

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

:headshake:  its still a stupid, frivolous lawsuit. 

1. she spilled it on herself.  Be it 180*F, or 135*F, she still spilt it on herself.  McD's had nothing to do with her spilling it. 
2. As a lay person, I would expect it to be hot.  be it 135*, or 180*F, I'm not going to know the real difference, seeing as I don't have a thermometer  in my car to whip out and stick in the lquid to test the temp.  Either way 135* is a bit on the warm side for beverage consumption as well. 

As a coffee drinker, there have been many times when I have gotten coffee, and tasted it, burning my mouth/ tongue, etc.  That means, "I'm an idiot, this is hot, lets wait a bit!"  Not, "I'm gonna sue McDonalds for making sure their coffee was HOT! "  I've also done the same thing she has (with a soda thankfully) and had the lid pop off, and spill.  " I'm an idiot, better not do that again, glad it wasn't coffee!! "  It sukcs that the lady got burned, but I think its pretty common sense that you don't put something hot between your legs in an unstable environment to try to get the lid off. 

:idea:  Mabye she should sue the sweatpants company for making a fabric that holds fluids better, and helped cause the burns?  :headscratch:

H
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »
be it 135*, or 180*F, I'm not going to know the real difference

I beg to differ on that, sir.  I would be willing to wager a great sum of cash that you would, in fact, be VERY aware of the differene between 135 and 180 if you made contact with it.

There's hot, and there's lava.  If they would not have been different from the norm, it would have not been a case.  Keep that mind.

If you own a tanning salon, and run your output at 40% higher than all the others to give people good tans, and someone gets hurt - be prepared to pay.

Personally, I don't do the tan chit nor do I put hot stuff between my legs.  But someone has to protect the dummies, right?

:)

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 04:17:19 PM »
Let's keep this going with more stupid warning labels:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 04:45:22 PM »
I beg to differ on that, sir.  I would be willing to wager a great sum of cash that you would, in fact, be VERY aware of the differene between 135 and 180 if you made contact with it.

There's hot, and there's lava.  If they would not have been different from the norm, it would have not been a case.  Keep that mind.

If you own a tanning salon, and run your output at 40% higher than all the others to give people good tans, and someone gets hurt - be prepared to pay.

Personally, I don't do the tan chit nor do I put hot stuff between my legs.  But someone has to protect the dummies, right?

Ok, I'll grant you that.  I didn't quite mean to say it that way.  :smack:  that was stupid.   What I really meant was Hot is hot,  so treat it that way.  I would like to avoid having 135*F coffee poured around the boys as much as I'd like to avoid having 180*F coffee poured around the boys.  Better?  :thumbs:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 06:31:07 PM »

STUPID?? Do you know how many people died or we hospitalized after the hurricanes because of putting their generators in the garage?? :idiot:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 06:32:58 PM »

NO! No one should have to protect the dummies. That's what the Darwin Awards are all about.
:idiot:

Personally I hate getting a cup of luke warm coffee. I like to expect that it is lava hot, and be able to sip at it gingerly till it cools down but now, because of idiots, I have to suffer with luke warm coffee, which I don't, cause it sucks so I don't buy from them anymore.

Where is the Mammoth?

Goose

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 1,029
  • Member since Mar '07
  • >>Goose maN<<
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 06:47:22 PM »

Off topic, but.. man..
I dont remember the last time i saw someone with a generator as big as their wood panelled station wagon in their garage...
Baller Status: Coming Soon To A Toyota Near You!...   :afro:

My Life Is A Very Complicated Drinking Game... -Me

90 ext. cab v6, SAS'd, 37's

94 4runner -work in progress

www.slagfactory.com

My Buildups:
'90 ext. cab
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=38260.new#new
'94 4Runner
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=53882.new#new

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 06:51:49 PM »
Off topic, but.. man..
I dont remember the last time i saw someone with a generator as big as their wood panelled station wagon in their garage...

:rofl:

:yupyup:  You should have been in FL after the hurricanes!  :rofl2:

Where is the Mammoth?

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 10:41:58 PM »
NO! No one should have to protect the dummies. That's what the Darwin Awards are all about.
:idiot:

Personally I hate getting a cup of luke warm coffee. I like to expect that it is lava hot, and be able to sip at it gingerly till it cools down but now, because of idiots, I have to suffer with luke warm coffee, which I don't, cause it sucks so I don't buy from them anymore.

:werd:  gas station coffee is still pretty good  :yesnod:

-Ronald Reagan

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 07:17:38 AM »
:werd:  gas station coffee is still pretty good  :yesnod:
and you can always nuke it if it needs more heat. :yesnod:

Where is the Mammoth?

TRHS1980

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 10:43:50 AM »
:headshake:  its still a stupid, frivolous lawsuit. 

1. she spilled it on herself.  Be it 180*F, or 135*F, she still spilt it on herself.  McD's had nothing to do with her spilling it. 
2. As a lay person, I would expect it to be hot.  be it 135*, or 180*F, I'm not going to know the real difference, seeing as I don't have a thermometer  in my car to whip out and stick in the lquid to test the temp.  Either way 135* is a bit on the warm side for beverage consumption as well. 

As a coffee drinker, there have been many times when I have gotten coffee, and tasted it, burning my mouth/ tongue, etc.  That means, "I'm an idiot, this is hot, lets wait a bit!"  Not, "I'm gonna sue McDonalds for making sure their coffee was HOT! "  I've also done the same thing she has (with a soda thankfully) and had the lid pop off, and spill.  " I'm an idiot, better not do that again, glad it wasn't coffee!! "  It sukcs that the lady got burned, but I think its pretty common sense that you don't put something hot between your legs in an unstable environment to try to get the lid off. 

:idea:  Mabye she should sue the sweatpants company for making a fabric that holds fluids better, and helped cause the burns?  :headscratch:

H

The fact that companies are liable for their consumers stupidity sucks and it's wrong. The fact that mcdonalds knows all about liablity and still served "dangerous" coffee was also stupid.

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 01:51:51 PM »
and people wonder why there are so many idiots and frivilous lawsuits?

i have an idea that would make people be responsible for their actions again and actually use some common sense. remove the idiot warning labels such as "warning, dont touch exhaust because it will be hot." "warning, smoking cigarettes has been linked to lung cancer." "warning, dont insert any body parts into the moving saw blades because death or serious injury may occur." do i need to continue? some warning labels make sense, but the majority of them are there to try and protect the de de dee's!
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

TRHS1980

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 02:33:43 PM »
We're destroying the natural way in which the world purges itself of people who don't have enough to contribute.  :hammer:

Goose

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 1,029
  • Member since Mar '07
  • >>Goose maN<<
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 06:08:39 PM »
We're destroying the natural way in which the world purges itself of people who don't have enough to contribute.  :hammer:
Yeah, its called natural selection...
survival of the fittest...

Wouldnt that be nice :P
But most the "supporters" of things like natural selection are a bit on the crazy side.
Not to bring up a harsh topic.. but wasnt that what the kids that did columbine were fanatics of? "natural selection" ?  :eek:
Baller Status: Coming Soon To A Toyota Near You!...   :afro:

My Life Is A Very Complicated Drinking Game... -Me

90 ext. cab v6, SAS'd, 37's

94 4runner -work in progress

www.slagfactory.com

My Buildups:
'90 ext. cab
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=38260.new#new
'94 4Runner
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=53882.new#new

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 08:40:40 PM »
I like the way ya'll think.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for banning the safety police.  But since we live in the system the way it is, I'm trying to interpret it from that doomed angle that this is how it is.

Oh, by the way - that Carbon Mono label?  Not my idea, really.  Just type in "stupid warning label" into google pics and you'll get it just like I did.  :)

It may sound crazy, but it's true.  A cougar that doesn't figure out how to hunt or have it's momma teach is doomed to die to ensure it doesn't pass on the LOSER GENE.