Author Topic: The United Countries of North America?  (Read 3791 times)

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
The United Countries of North America?
« on: Jun 27, 2006, 11:37:58 AM »

United States, Canada, and Mexico all one country with one currency?
Check out the links below and let me know what you think.
http://spp.gov/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nau_flag.png

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: The United Countries of North America?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2006, 03:30:30 PM »
 :stopit:

I don't see it happening.  Like the wikipedia article said, this would undermind the sovreignity of the US, and somehow I don't see many citzens going for it (myself included) 

I can't see how it would possibly work.  I may be overthinking this, but these seems like a great way for a country (mexico) that has some serious infrastructure and class problems to leech off of Canada and the US. :dunno: 

How would citzenship work? I'm not sure how it works in the EU, but in the EU, most of the borders have been reduced to nothing more than boundry lines.  There is no passports to go betwee countries, no customs checks, no border patrol.  If that were going to happen here, what a great way to get rid of illegal immigrants, huh? lets just make them all legal!!!

:dunno: I know I'm not to thrilled with the idea
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2006, 06:03:03 PM »
Oh yeah right, we won't go for this? What about Canada! There is no way Canada wants to be seen as part of the US! 
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2006, 06:06:11 PM »
I like the idea! makes a lot of sence to me.

no more borders to warry about. (or garde)

no more illeagles. same $$ notes where ever I go! sweet! bring it on!  :moon:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2006, 06:07:34 PM »
Oh yeah right, we won't go for this? What about Canada! There is no way Canada wants to be seen as part of the US! 

Only Quebec has a problem with us. The rest of C-eh-N-eh-D-eh hates the froggies!

I've read a little on this subject and (oddly enough) have contacted my current (except McCain, he's a putz!) Senators, Representatives and candidates.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -123
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2006, 10:23:57 PM »
I think it is a great Idea. However there are some serious issues that I think need attention. Perhaps the most important is the Rights and responsibilities of the indigenous people of all three countries.  Realestate ownership could become a big issue. All Mexico would have to do is start buying realestate in Canada and the US and everything would be under Mexican control. Land ownership in Mexico is not as simple as it is here. Rights and responsibilities would have to be on a more even par for this to even begin to work properly, fairly and efficiently without a lot of dissent from the citizens of all three countries. Also why stop at Mexico? What is wrong with going all the way to the Panama Canal. Costa Rica, Belize, Nicaragua , Guatemala and Panama all have a lot to offer. Perhaps some day all of North America could  unite with South America in a similar pact. All of the Americas have a lot to share and protect from those who would choose to do harm to any of these countries.

88runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 756
  • Member since May '03
  • Click me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2006, 03:22:38 PM »
Only Quebec has a problem with us. The rest of C-eh-N-eh-D-eh hates the froggies!

Hey!! don't be hatin :slap: most of us don't have any problem with United-Staters, but Bush is a problem for most of us.
You'd be impressed how much there's smart people here but you don't know about them cause only the stupid people get to the media.
88 4runner v6,
5.29 with 35" tires,
Isuzu Rodeo rear disk brake,
t-case hand brake in near futur
solid axle'd

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2006, 04:05:33 PM »
Mexico would become a vast wasteland and the US would bear the brunt, with the current Illegal Alien issues and people's attitude on this it would be a hard sell here.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2006, 05:03:12 PM »
Hey!! don't be hatin :slap: most of us don't have any problem with United-Staters, but Bush is a problem for most of us.
You'd be impressed how much there's smart people here but you don't know about them cause only the stupid people get to the media.

I'm not ha'in my brother! I used to work for a Canadian company...based in Montreal. My joy at leaving their employ is probably second only to the birth of my child, what a gaggle of idiots!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2006, 05:45:18 PM »
american $ works fine in mexico already.....  and all the mexicans live in the us already as well.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Ferg

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 416
  • Male Posts: 577
  • Member since May '03
  • That was EASY!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2006, 07:27:07 PM »
Didn't they used to call this COMMUNISM?
Some idiots are too busy knowing it all, to ever learn anything...

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2006, 03:26:53 PM »
:stopit:

I don't see it happening.  Like the wikipedia article said, this would undermind the sovreignity of the US, and somehow I don't see many citzens going for it (myself included) 

I can't see how it would possibly work.  I may be overthinking this, but these seems like a great way for a country (mexico) that has some serious infrastructure and class problems to leech off of Canada and the US. :dunno: 

How would citzenship work? I'm not sure how it works in the EU, but in the EU, most of the borders have been reduced to nothing more than boundry lines.  There is no passports to go betwee countries, no customs checks, no border patrol.  If that were going to happen here, what a great way to get rid of illegal immigrants, huh? lets just make them all legal!!!

:dunno: I know I'm not to thrilled with the idea

The US has serious infrastructure and class problems too.  ;)  I would not be for that idea at all.  A larger state = more power in the hands of a few.  I can think of a few people that might love it.

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
Didn't they used to call this COMMUNISM?

Newsflash - the current US is not fundamentally different from the former Soviet Union or China.

notajeep

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -108
  • Male Posts: 703
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawler #3289
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 01, 2006, 03:16:26 PM »
I know that we arn't perfect here.  But come on.  That is a pretty large leap.
You have a Jeep?  That's cute.... So does Barbi.

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 02, 2006, 11:59:21 AM »
I know that we arn't perfect here.  But come on.  That is a pretty large leap.

Actually, it isn't; industry and government completely connected (i.e. state capitalism which is what the Soviet Union was during its later years and what China is now); we have two virtually identical parties (as opposed to a one party system); the continued roll back of freedoms; corruption at all levels of government; complete disconnection between the leaders and the people.

The Americanized version of breadlines - Walmart.  You think the free market still exists in the US?  Go to Walmart and try to bargain with the cashier.  Walmart (and others like them) set the 'fair market price' not the consumer.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jul 02, 2006, 08:05:09 PM »
The US has serious infrastructure and class problems too.  ;)  I would not be for that idea at all.  A larger state = more power in the hands of a few.  I can think of a few people that might love it.

I know this, so does Canada.  but Canada and the US and similar, whereas Mexico would be the wimpy kid using the stronger kids to protect it, and help it
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #16 on: Jul 09, 2006, 08:20:52 AM »
........... i don't even need 2 click on that link.

The Us gov only has one agenda 
" WE ARE THE BORG YOU WILL BE ASIMULATED  OR BE DYSTROYED  RESISTANCE IS FUTAL "
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 09, 2006, 01:24:48 PM »

The Us gov only has one agenda 
" WE ARE THE BORG YOU WILL BE ASIMULATED  OR BE DYSTROYED  RESISTANCE IS FUTAL "

RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 11, 2006, 06:36:16 PM »
Overrunem both :eyebrow: I"ll count my gold from Canada while I smoke my Michoacan  :yupyup:
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2006, 07:08:43 PM by toecutter »
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle: