Author Topic: Wiring in a new Kenwood have some ????  (Read 2810 times)

81tyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 13
  • Member since Dec '05
  • ^ thats my 81 p/u 3 1/2" lift and 35's
    • View Profile
Wiring in a new Kenwood have some ????
« on: May 19, 2007, 06:50:27 PM »
 Ok well I took out the dash the other day and noticed that there is quiet a few of the same colored wires matter of fact i think they are all the same color a bluish green. Does anyone have a diagram or something maybe? Im remounting it in the glove box. Does anyone have any pics or something maybe. All i need is to find someway to figure out how to wire it in!!!

I need some  :help: any would be appreciated!!!!  :bowdown:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring in a new Kenwood have some ????
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 07:14:32 PM »
Ok well I took out the dash the other day and noticed that there is quiet a few of the same colored wires matter of fact i think they are all the same color a bluish green. Does anyone have a diagram or something maybe? Im remounting it in the glove box. Does anyone have any pics or something maybe. All i need is to find someway to figure out how to wire it in!!!

I need some  :help: any would be appreciated!!!!  :bowdown:
can u trace the wires from the harness to the speakers and or power supply....that would help narrow it down....good luck
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »
Didn't you ask this not too long ago  ??? Remove the door panels to access the speakers. That will give you the colors for the speaker wires. Use a test light from your local auto parts store & with the key on find the one that has power, that is your ignition/swith power, red wire to your radio. You will have to run a wire from a constant hot (i.e. battery or some other source that is on with the key off) that is the yellow wire to the radio. Run the black wire from the radio to a good ground under the dash. Wire your speakers.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33397.0
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

81tyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 05:31:01 PM »
 On the last one I asked if there was a kit or something, and yes i took the door panels off and found that there is two entirely different colors there, well I guess you didnt read the other one entirly or something, cause I only asked if I had to hardwire it in not what colors the wires had to be and stuff. I guess i will just use the ohm meter like i was originally was going to do.

Loosekannon

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Male Posts: 1,301
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SoCal--ROCKBRAWLERS--
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 08:54:04 PM »
When I have a hard time with that, I just find a hot wire, with a test light. That turns on with the key for the radio accessory wire. Then run a new hot from the battery if you can't find one. Then just run your own speaker wires. I dont like messing with the factory wires if they are hard to tell apart.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 11:41:07 PM »
Ditto.  The stock stuff on the first gen isn't good enough if you wanna take full advantage of the capabilities of an aftermarket deck. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

81tyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 05:52:20 PM »
 I think I might just use the stock wires for the door speakers and as for the other 4 im just going to run new wires to them.

Thanks

Loosekannon

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Male Posts: 1,301
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SoCal--ROCKBRAWLERS--
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »
I think I might just use the stock wires for the door speakers and as for the other 4 im just going to run new wires to them.

Thanks

the other 4, they are yellow,blue,red and black right? Yellow should be accessory(turns radio on and off with ignition), red battery, blue power antenna and black ground. I might have the blue and yellow backwards.

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 07:27:45 PM »
Yellow goes to the battery, this keeps the memory for the preset stations, clock etc. Red goes to a power source that only comes on when the key is turned on. Blue is for the power antenna or is sometimes a remote power wire for an amplifier turn on. Black is ground.
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3