Author Topic: Political Correctness  (Read 2290 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Political Correctness
« on: May 02, 2007, 05:25:21 AM »
This just in...

This is the winning entry from an annual contest calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.
This year's term: Political Correctness

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream Media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

That is all.  :cheese:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Political Correctness
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 06:57:24 AM »
I swear I heard that quote within the last week or two...at least the "clean end" part. Do you know who said that?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 07:53:45 AM »
 :laugh:

That is great

:offtopic:  but, AT, did you happen to catch Hannity and Colmes last night? He was supposed to debate Al Sharpton.  I wanted to catch it, but I was driving home.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
:laugh:

That is great

:offtopic:  but, AT, did you happen to catch Hannity and Colmes last night? He was supposed to debate Al Sharpton.  I wanted to catch it, but I was driving home.

No...I thought that was last week. Either way I missed it!

The only thing I don't like about Hannity is...he doesn't let his opponent talk! He always talks over them. If my opponent can't explain his position...how else is he going to prove I'm right?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »
I hate being PC....

I'd much rather make offensive jokes   :laugh:

or just be able to have an intellectual conversation in this country without somebody getting butt hurt!

I like to Drive!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 11:50:47 AM »
To some extent we all practice some type of PC...I mean we don't come on here and cuss like sailors (like we would in our garages). Few people would bust a big one in an elevator full of Grannies. The thought that you could/can restrict my thoughts and ideas chaps my ass to no end.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 12:59:19 PM »
No...I thought that was last week. Either way I missed it!

The only thing I don't like about Hannity is...he doesn't let his opponent talk! He always talks over them. If my opponent can't explain his position...how else is he going to prove I'm right?

I caught the tail end of his radio show last night, he said he was gonna have him on again to ask about the 800K that the rap group timbaland? :dunno:  donated to Hellary.  Hannity was wondering why Sharpton and Jackson were ripping Imes a new one on for racial slurs, but not saying a thing when a music group using racial slurs donates $$ to a cause they believe in. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 01:04:30 PM »

I caught the tail end of his radio show last night, he said he was gonna have him on again to ask about the 800K that the rap group timbaland? :dunno:  donated to Hellary.  Hannity was wondering why Sharpton and Jackson were ripping Imes a new one on for racial slurs, but not saying a thing when a music group using racial slurs donates $$ to a cause they believe in. 

You can ask my daughter...I've been wondering (especially) why a woman would support this kind of crap! It's almost as bad as a western woman wanting to under Sharia law.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 07:31:39 PM »
Oh yeah.. how much money was donated to Hillarys campaign but ~fill in the blank rappers names~ that she condoned!
If that were repubs you know the dems would have that as front line news.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 07:51:19 PM »
This just in...

This is the winning entry from an annual contest calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.
This year's term: Political Correctness

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream Media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

That is all.  :cheese:
That's good  :hahaha: :hahaha:

On the Imus note. He's not racist, or is anything he said. A nappy headed ho can be any color in the rainbow spectrum. As far as I'm concerned, he was bushwacked by the leftwing media.
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 07:53:23 PM »
Few people would bust a big one in an elevator full of Grannies.

WHO RATTED ME OUT?  :tantrum:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 07:58:03 PM »
That's good  :hahaha: :hahaha:

On the Imus note. He's not racist, or is anything he said. A nappy headed ho can be any color in the rainbow spectrum. As far as I'm concerned, he was bushwacked by the leftwing media.

all that means to me is that she ain't showered in a while. lol

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 09:32:20 PM »
WHO RATTED ME OUT?  :tantrum:

David Caruso ran a sample through a gas-liquid chromatograph, then extracted DNA from the "solids" which showed a 99.9% likelihood that you where in fact the "donor".

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 05:54:40 PM »
 :_oops:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg: