We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: Front Bumpers and Cab Cages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 52978 times)

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 59
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Soon to be shorter and slower :)
    • View Profile
how long till the 79-83 and 84-85 bumpers come into production?
'82 on 35's, not much else.

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
The previous bumper design was complicated and where built one at a time, each part cut, bent, coped and welded. It took about 6 hours from start to finish, per bumper. That drove the price up. Even though I have orders in with the previous builder I don't expert to see them again. Now our bumpers are CNC bent and shipped to us as individual parts. Our new builder just has to jig it and weld it. This drops our retail price down since I pay the welder less money per bumper.

We got the first run of front bumper parts yesterday. We can now build 86-95 front bumpers. Our Fabricator is working on them right now. The new price will be up by tomorrow, we just need to sharping our pencil a little. It will be below $300 though. :eyebrow:                  

So what's up with the price, did you guys run out of pencils? When can we see a pic of it, and when will you be taking orders?

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
any info on a possible xcab cage? i like eor cages, but havent actually seen any that are xcab other than the ors for the taco.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
So, What do you say, cn we get an answer at least?

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Well, come on, what's the story?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:02:14 AM by toyguy86 »

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
toyguy86, relax bro... its ok... im sure they will update when they see the thread..... or when they feel like it

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
They will come, they're probably working the bugs out of the prototypes, some test fits, etc.

I'm sure they'll let us know as soon as they'll be able to take orders.  :thumbs:

I can't wait for a cage  :willynilly:
Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Well, after being told we would know the price and stuff 2 weeks ago, I just don't know. I have been looking around for a bumper and have found a design I really like, but have been holding out for Marlins for months now. If I don't get to see what it looks like yesterday, then I guess I'm just going to have to go with the other. Can't wait forever, I mean who knows I may not even like the design. Then its all wasted time.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 03:04:47 PM by toyguy86 »

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
if you cant or dont want to wait, then do what you have to do.....

~ John F. Kennedy ~

CruzrDave [OP]

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 441
  • Male Posts: 4,631
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
This is why I don't like giving out ETA's. Not only did we make some changes to the design but we have a new welder and tube bender. Everybody has to be on the same page or the parts won't fit right in the jigs. We got some 1986-88 bumpers on Friday. We are calling customers to fill the oldest orders, most of which are DOM and available yet. The standard bumper is $299. The receiver and hoop options are still $75 each. Once we are caught up we will stock the standard bumpers. The options should only take a day or two, the hoop can be added to any bumper while the receiver will require a new bumper to be built. 89-95 bumpers will start showing up on Thursday. Same price but we need to fill back orders first.

We have (3) 86-88 standard bumpers in stock ready to ship, I can have a hoop installed and them ready to ship by tomorrow. Start placing the orders!

Cab cages are still in the works. We are making some changes to the main tube and the door jam tubes. We where not happy with the fit. Our plan is to tighten up the clearance between the tubing and the cab. We are also trying to get a little more leg room. I wear a size 13 and I had to twist my foot side ways to operate the clutch paddle, not real comfortable. We are trying to move the tube out and in towards to fire wall just a little more. Die size is playing a big factor in the samples.
Taking back America, one part at a time! :madeinusa:

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
How about some pic's of what they look like?

Fearofrunner

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 620
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
what about us guys with mid to early 80 trucks/4runners  :down: :rivers: :rivers:

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Here are the only pictures I have of the first 3 that came in. They are being installed onto three trucks right now, so I will take some pictures of them installed on the truck for a better idea of the final product :thumbs:

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
hey big mike need a tester for the cages :yupyup:
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

CruzrDave [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
what about us guys with mid to early 80 trucks/4runners  :down: :rivers: :rivers:

We have a stock 85 that we used for mock up, the brackets are very similar to the 86-88 but a 1/4" spacer is needed for the top bracket. If you notice in the picture, we design the front multi pattern bracket to work for 84-95 frames. The top brackets are different. 1979-83 truck frames are so much different in the front. There are really not any bolt holes that are strong enough so it looks like this application will require a weld on bracket and then the bumper will bolt to that. We just need a little more time with those early years.

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
damn those are sweet!!!!
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
so whats the design on the cages. are they goin to be a single cab design or is there going to be an ex cab design also. I am super interested since i need a cage badly

DRew
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Well, thanks for the pic, but I think I will wait to see what it looks like with a stinger and receiver. How long before we get to see them?

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
Thanks for the Pic and update guys.    I'm holding out for a front bumber  for my 84 Runner.  :yesnod:

Keep up the good work.   :thumbs:

so whats the design on the cages. are they goin to be a single cab design or is there going to be an ex cab design also. I am super interested since i need a cage badly

DRew

X2

What is the plan there?

I like to Drive!

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -123
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Put me down for a front bumper HREW with stinger and receiver for a 1989 pick up. If you will pm me I will give you the card and shipping info.
Thanks
richard Wentworth

TurtleTappers91

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 310
  • Member since Mar '07
  • ..I walks me a mudhole and I stomps it dry... baby
    • View Profile

Cab cages are still in the works. We are making some changes to the main tube and the door jam tubes. We where not happy with the fit. Our plan is to tighten up the clearance between the tubing and the cab. We are also trying to get a little more leg room. I wear a size 13 and I had to twist my foot side ways to operate the clutch paddle, not real comfortable. We are trying to move the tube out and in towards to fire wall just a little more. Die size is playing a big factor in the samples.
Are the new cages going to have the bar across the dash in front?
... would be a whole lot better if they did.....

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Ok guys, we got one of them mounted on Marlin's new 2nd gen rig with a different style to the stinger.

We are looking for more input on the stinger design: Whatcha think about it? It gives more light mounting options?

One great thing about this newer style front bumper is that instead of having 6-mounting bolts like the previous design, this new style features 10-mounting bolts :bowdown:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 04:44:14 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
I don't care for it, I like the single bend stinger with straight supports. How strong is that winch mount going to be looks pretty flimsy. I would also like to see where the 10 mounting bolts are, I can only see the 6. As far as the winch mount goes is there some attachment behide it that I can't see. Look like if you did some heavy duty winching you would bend the hole bumper down.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 05:14:51 PM by toyguy86 »

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
i approve!! looks great mike....but why does your dad have a new rig??? something your not telling us dood?

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
maybe im jsut a goober, but i would liek a taller stinger and no extra side bars

haha, i like glacier bars, lol

~ John F. Kennedy ~

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -123
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
doesnt look like it will accept a roller fairlead.

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 59
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Soon to be shorter and slower :)
    • View Profile
I definitely prefer straight side supports on the stinger, the bent ones look kinda funky. I think both the single bend and double bend stingers both look good.
'82 on 35's, not much else.

82toycrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Support Search and Rescue - GET LOST!
    • View Profile
I don't care for the new stinger, like the old one better.

It looks to me like the main tube is sloping down, not parallel with the body.  Is this just an optical illusion or are the mounts not exactly perpendicular to the main tube?

Where are all the mounts to the frame at?  It seems to me that the winch sits fairly high and if there aren't any high mounting points the bumper would want to bend down when winching.

All in all, it is a nice looking bumper and being able to produce it quicker and less expensive are a big plus.  Keep up the great work that you guys always do.
82 Toy, Ultimate, 4.88s & 37s

CruzrDave [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
I don't care for the new stinger, like the old one better.

It looks to me like the main tube is sloping down, not parallel with the body.  Is this just an optical illusion or are the mounts not exactly perpendicular to the main tube?

Where are all the mounts to the frame at?  It seems to me that the winch sits fairly high and if there aren't any high mounting points the bumper would want to bend down when winching.

All in all, it is a nice looking bumper and being able to produce it quicker and less expensive are a big plus.  Keep up the great work that you guys always do.
This bumper is not bolted on, it only had 2 bolts holding it in place. We just quickly put it on. We have a bumper that just showed up with a shorter version of the supports. Mike will post them up in a few minutes. Tell what you think about it.