Author Topic: We'll Miss You Dean  (Read 93503 times)

Tool Pimp

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,399
  • Member since Jun '06
    • View Profile
Re: We'll Miss You Dean
« Reply #90 on: Sep 21, 2006, 07:47:12 PM »
I have a vendor that makes custom clocks that are very nice and clean looking. If any family member is interested send me a picture of Dean (4-wheeling, wedding ? whatever) and I will have it turned into a wall clock at my expense otherwise put me down for a donation of some sort...

RIP  DEAN!!!!!!!!

CruzrDave

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 441
  • Male Posts: 4,631
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Sep 21, 2006, 08:18:58 PM »
I just want to share some of my memories of Dean with you guys.

“Squirrels”
This originally came from Marlin but in the office we took it the next level. Its still more of an inside joke but Dean has helped it spread. Dean picked up a “Squirrel Xing” sign that still (and always will) hangs on the wall as well as a stuffed animal squirrel (we now have 2 squirrels). To minimize the stress at work we would “squirrel” each other. If one of us screwed up then you would get “squirreled” for sure. Dean was the king of play jokes on you. I remember the first time Dean got me. I came in to work after he did and I found the stuffed squirrel on my key board with my phone head set around its head. I got him back but that’s another story. We had some great times. Working with Dean was a party just there was no beer. I can’t believe we got paid to have fun.

For a while it was just Dean and my self on the phones. Then we hired CJ. Dean came up with an “initiation” for CJ. He told me about the plain and then he called the shop from his cell phone (phones were slow that day). He proceeded to place an order for a crawler that was going into his “Tiyota” fork lift. So Dean was out back on his cell and CJ is scratching his head in the office and I’m running back and forth to hear what the two of them are say. I laughing my ass off when I hear what Dean is saying and trying not to laugh at CJ. Finally Dean came walking in the office and CJ new he was caught. Ever since then every new salesman got Dean’s initiation. He tried to get me one time but I called his bluff.
Taking back America, one part at a time! :madeinusa:

crazywb

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 31
  • Male Posts: 467
  • Member since Jun '04
  • 92 Toy short bed
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Sep 21, 2006, 08:56:31 PM »

“Squirrels”
This originally came from Marlin but in the office we took it the next level. Its still more of an inside joke but Dean has helped it spread. Dean picked up a “Squirrel Xing” sign that still (and always will) hangs on the wall as well as a stuffed animal squirrel (we now have 2 squirrels). To minimize the stress at work we would “squirrel” each other. If one of us screwed up then you would get “squirreled” for sure. Dean was the king of play jokes on you. I remember the first time Dean got me. I came in to work after he did and I found the stuffed squirrel on my key board with my phone head set around its head. I got him back but that’s another story. We had some great times. Working with Dean was a party just there was no beer. I can’t believe we got paid to have fun.

For a while it was just Dean and my self on the phones. Then we hired CJ. Dean came up with an “initiation” for CJ. He told me about the plain and then he called the shop from his cell phone (phones were slow that day). He proceeded to place an order for a crawler that was going into his “Tiyota” fork lift. So Dean was out back on his cell and CJ is scratching his head in the office and I’m running back and forth to hear what the two of them are say. I laughing my ass off when I hear what Dean is saying and trying not to laugh at CJ. Finally Dean came walking in the office and CJ new he was caught. Ever since then every new salesman got Dean’s initiation. He tried to get me one time but I called his bluff.

Well said buddy well said,  That makes me laugh with tears for the first time since Sunday when you gave me the news. Your typo's above makes think of how bad Dean's spelling was and how I use to tease him about hooked on phonics, as well as my own over the last couple year's.  I still remember the time on the Jeepers jamboree last year when there was only like 10 Toyota's on the whole run and trust me there was alot of jeeps LOL, Buck Island was like a repair dealership for those things and right after that I rolled the buggy and Dean hit his elbow and whined for like 3 month's about how CJ broke his elbow on a Jeep run.  I'm really gonna miss the guy, but for along time to come there is stuff in that office that will remind me of him everyday.  And that will help me threw the trying times 
I'M BACK!!!!!!!

eviltoy82

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Female Posts: 11
  • Member since Jun '06
  • eviltoy13
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Sep 21, 2006, 09:01:50 PM »
Dean was a great man and a really good friend...2 me he was family just like everyone at marlins dean i love u so much and i will never forget u ever...u will always be in my heart....

R.I.P DEAN TYLER

LOVE ALWAYS HOLLY/EVILTOY :rivers:
Eviltoy13

beater82

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 40
  • Member since Mar '04
  • metheads suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Sep 22, 2006, 06:01:07 PM »
Man, guys. I'm really sorry. That is so terrible. Prayers out to all hurt by this, especially his poor widow. My God, I can't imagine how she feels right now.

xmobile

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Sep 22, 2006, 07:46:39 PM »
too sad.  :shake_head:

Dean rest in peace!

rockhound

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 169
  • Male Posts: 817
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Sep 22, 2006, 08:00:07 PM »
I just heard. A senseless tragedy.

Dean took my first phone orders, and took time to help me understand the workings of Marlin's aftermarket parts.

I feel lucky to have met Dean. We talked briefly at the exit to Outer Limits 2 Jambos ago.

He will be missed.

A memorial trail run would be fitting.

RIP and God bless.

How you 'sposed to know what your limitations are, till you exceed them.

www.RunandPlayMotorsports.com

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
« Reply #97 on: Sep 23, 2006, 09:51:07 AM »
so i was looking through all these pics i got from chris the photographer for toyota only mag and i happened to stumble upon this pic of him at mcr6 i didnt get to meet him there like i really wish i could have to say thank you for all the help he gave me.
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

donkeykong

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -159
  • Member since Jun '03
  • My truck and a nice trail...that's all I need
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Sep 23, 2006, 05:35:32 PM »
LaDawna is expected to be released from the Hospital Monday. She did have to go in for another surgary on Friday but came out with no complications.  We went to her house this morning and got things read for her return.  Spirits are definitly up but we still have along emotional road ahead.  Once again thanks to all for showing your support for our fallen Brother.  It has been a healing place for some of us to come and read experiances and see pics of Dean.

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Sep 23, 2006, 09:32:54 PM »
 :headshake:i dont even know what to say....i JUST hung out with the guy at mcr5....what a loss.
everything happens for a reason...but why :headshake:

dean we will miss you

and put me on the list for some dean stickers :-\

ga-toy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 72
  • Member since Jan '06
  • hiluxin in style....
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Sep 24, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »
Talked to Dean several times on the phone ordering products.  He was always super nice.  Never met him since I am on the east coast buy my prayers cover the world.  Thanks for everything at Marlin Crawler and in your life. 
bfg KM2's, 3" plain lift, detroit in front hp, twin sticking too.

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Sep 24, 2006, 06:50:22 PM »
I just want to say this one of the tightest groups I know of and we all pull together in times of need. We are like one big happy family even though we may not see eye to eye on every topic.

If there is anything we can do to help ease the pain we are all over it.

I would like to see a run in Deans name even though we won't be able to be there. I also think there should be a precession of crawlers at the funeral to show what kind of a special friend we lost. Again I wish we could attend.

Here are a couple pictures I want to share.
First is Dean helping with the food at MCR4. Does he just pitch in to help or does he just like food.

Then a shot of the Marlin team .

Does some one have a picture of the Squirrel Xing sign?

:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

eviltoy82

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Female Posts: 11
  • Member since Jun '06
  • eviltoy13
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Sep 25, 2006, 11:23:28 AM »
it is verry hard 4 that happend 2 DEAN I miss him so much that every time i login an see him i cry and i know that hes in a better place now and we should be happy......Dean was there 4 all of us he was a great friend..... Dean i miss u so much and ill never stop missing u ever u will always be in my hart 4 ever... I LOVE U DEAN......

R.I.P

Love always and 4 ever Holly Holzworth/Eviltoy
Eviltoy13

papasmurf

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -8
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin in Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Sep 25, 2006, 08:36:20 PM »
I had never had the chance to talk to Dean but after reading all of the posts, I surely wish I had ordered over the phone rather than online.  He sounds like an incredible friend and person!  We should all take inventory on who positively affects our lives.  RIP Dean
You can't get there from here!

TacoStewie

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 816
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Sep 25, 2006, 09:51:38 PM »

“Squirrels”

I to also remember the "Dean Initiation" what can i say he can pull off a southern accent really well.  3 speed fork lift tranny with a low first gear sounded good to me. 

I have only known dean since December when i started to work at Marlin's.  but in a short time working in a small shop, you get to know the people you work with real well.  He always had a smile on is face and would help to anyone who needed it.  that is why it is hard to lose a friend like dean, he will be missed

i know you are wheelin in the greatest place there is

TacoStewie
4THEWKN

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #105 on: Sep 27, 2006, 03:39:17 PM »
Here is Dean's listing in the Fresno Bee, Tues Sept 26th:

TYLER, DEAN - Graveside services for Dean Tyler, 41, of Kingsburg will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Smith Mountain Cemetery in Dinuba. Memorial services will be at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Dinuba Kingdom Hall. Mr. Tyler, a mechanic, died Sept. 17. Visitation will be from 1 to 8 p.m. Friday at Dopkins Funeral Chapel in Dinuba. Remembrances may be sent to World Wide Work of Jehovah's Witnesses, in care of Douglas Tyler, 2492 18th Ave., Kingsburg, CA 93631. Arrangements are by Dopkins Funeral Chapel.

Just to let everyone know, we will be attending both services this Sat. morning. We will be bringing our own Rigs to the services and encourage you to do the same.

Smith Mountain Cemetery
42088 Road 100, Dinuba, CA
(559) 591-3348
Google Map with Driving Directions

RIP Deano
BigMike

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2006, 04:20:39 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Sep 27, 2006, 04:24:13 PM »
I had never had the chance to talk to Dean but after reading all of the posts, I surely wish I had ordered over the phone rather than online.  He sounds like an incredible friend and person!  We should all take inventory on who positively affects our lives.  RIP Dean
He was the type of man that it didn't matter if you met him once for a handshake or had known him for years, you immediately felt like you were a friend.
We only met him twice but will forever miss him.
Like Crawlerdan said. Everything happens for a reason, but it is unfathomable what the reason is for this. 
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #107 on: Sep 27, 2006, 11:45:09 PM »
I'll be there in spirit.  I wanted to make an appearance, but there's a lot of factors working against the trip out there this weekend :down:

Dean, LaDawna, and everyone who will be there with their love and support, you will all be in my thoughts and prayers. 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Bazzi

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 97
  • Male Posts: 1,095
  • Member since May '04
  • From Reykjavik Iceland...
    • View Profile
    • R&T
« Reply #108 on: Sep 30, 2006, 04:17:04 PM »
 :inthedark:  My thoughts and prayers go out to them. r.i.p Dean
4runner body on a hilux frame = Hi-Runner.
 2,4 dti duals 2,28 x 2,28 to 8" 5.71 with arb´s  and 39,5" trxus
gathering parts for my goal which is
350 Chevy 700r4 auto to 2.28 x 4.70  and 4.88 9,5" cruisers diffs,diamondaxles and cable lockers, 44" richard cepecs

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Sep 30, 2006, 05:15:48 PM »
 :usa:  :therethere: 

I hope they have beer where you are.  :beer: I know I could use a few.

:inthedark:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Sep 30, 2006, 05:40:43 PM »
 :usa: wish we were closer and could have attended the services. Dean was a amazing guy! If there is a rock n roll heaven then you know there is a 4-wheeling there too, GIT'R DUN, Dean!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

donkeykong

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -159
  • Member since Jun '03
  • My truck and a nice trail...that's all I need
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Sep 30, 2006, 11:11:28 PM »
Services went well today.  Emotions ran through out the day, but over all most just visited with each other talked about all the crazy things dean use to do.  The family was very appreciative for all those from marlins that came and showed there respects.

Today we said good bye to a dear friend and brother to all, We now begin to heal and move forward, but we will take all the memories of Dean with us. I can honestly say that knowing Dean for the last 13 years has made me a better Man, Husband, Son and Christian...

...I say this with a tear in my eye...We will never forget your Brother, see you in paradise

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Oct 01, 2006, 12:38:12 AM »
Services went well today.  Emotions ran through out the day, but over all most just visited with each other talked about all the crazy things dean use to do.  The family was very appreciative for all those from marlins that came and showed there respects.

Today we said good bye to a dear friend and brother to all, We now begin to heal and move forward, but we will take all the memories of Dean with us. I can honestly say that knowing Dean for the last 13 years has made me a better Man, Husband, Son and Christian...

...I say this with a tear in my eye...We will never forget your Brother, see you in paradise

Amen.

God be with his family as they heal.  I wish I could have made it today :down:  glad to hear that the services went well.

God Bless you Dean, and thank you for all the lives you touched!!!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #113 on: Oct 01, 2006, 08:42:39 AM »
God bless you Dean,  we'll meet  someday 
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Trek Tech

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Oct 01, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »
I wanted to thank all of you who have been Dean's friend.  He really loved all of you.  I can't thank all the Marlin Crawlers enough that showed up in your trucks to the gravesite, Dean would have thought that was too cool. 
I got a chance to speak briefly to a few at the funeral and I don't think that Dean could have ever known how much he was loved or will be missed, it's just the type of guy he was.  I have known him for over 30 years and the comments you have all made just prove that he touched all of us in such a special way.  I don't think the world is quite the same place without him now, but keeping him in our thoughts might help us to be more like him.
He so loved LaDawna, and the baby, Oh man, he was so elated about that.  The baby was buried with him and I think that was so fitting, Dean holding him!
LaDawna is so very strong, but this is the worst thing that she has ever been through.  She said that "Dean was the softer side of her".  He really was such an easy going guy.  She also has a soft side of her, maybe Dean did help refine it a bit :)
Again I just wanted to thank all of you for the love and support you have given.
Thanxx Mark Andrews
Las Vegas, NV.

spoolnaround

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 72
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Oct 01, 2006, 07:04:44 PM »
Wow, I just heard about this the other day. Dean was an awsome guy. The first time I met Dean he followed me home (I live around the corner from him), he wanted to check out the disc brake set up on my 14 bolt on my Blazer. He was definately a person you would want in a friend. He will be missed!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #116 on: Oct 02, 2006, 09:44:28 AM »
I never got to meet Dean, but from the sounds of him those that did will miss him dearly. :turtle:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Oct 02, 2006, 07:42:51 PM »
The services went very well, like Sal (donkeykong said!)  They had estimated roughly 400 people showed up to the gravesite services!  Including alot of co-workers of LaDawna's, and several of his high school classmates!  The hall had 250 chairs placed out for people and it was standing room only once we got everybody in.  And we didn't even want to try to figure out how many people showed at Dean's house for food, and to tell LaDawna what Dean meant to them.  I told LaDawna that I felt the second I met Dean, he made me feel like we were very old friends!  My wife and I stayed the weekend at their house and while there we had many good talks about everything.  She is in very good positive spirits, she will need to try to take it easy, but she is very strong willed and a very determined person!  I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful things that everybody has done for the family.  She knows that Dean and Scott will be there waiting for her when the times comes for them to be together again!

LaDawna told me that she will be checking out this post when she is up to it!  And maybe post something!

Thank you again!  Ryan Zwald 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Bob Garrett

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 7
  • Male Posts: 134
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Lone Star Land Cruisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Oct 04, 2006, 10:14:46 AM »
Such sad news...

I have been extremely busy at work and hadn't had a chance to visit the board until today and saw this. It's so hard to comprehend. I never met Dean in person, but I talked with him numerous times when I first started ordering parts to build up my truck. I was a novice on mini's at the time, but Dean took the time to work with me to make sure I was getting setup with the right parts.

My sincerest condolences to LaDawna and the rest of his family and friends.
Bob Garrett
95 FZJ80
83 Mini Truck

Plowking

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -75
  • Male Posts: 504
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Awesome yota
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #119 on: Oct 07, 2006, 10:58:34 PM »
What a shame and a senseless loss........  I just hope his family is doing well and coping.
2008 Dodge Diesel  (Cummins Rule)
6.7 manual quad 8 foot bed H&S delete, banks air box
93 yota 3.0 locked up...
2004 Yamaha Raptor 660R