Author Topic: Need your help.. Getting scammed by BILLY RICKLES aka Krukedwayz4x4...  (Read 3482 times)

Krylon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 179
  • Member since Feb '04
  • Yota'n
    • View Profile
Well the time has come for me to ask for your help...

At the end of July I contacted Billy Rickles of Krukedwayz4x4 about some H1 wheels he had in an auction. I originally thought we would handle it all through Ebay but he said just send him the money and he would send me out (5) 12 Bolt Hummer beadlock wheels. I shouldn't have done it but he had good feedback and saw he was on some message boards... So I sent him out a US Postal money order which he received around Aug 1st.. He emailed me when he got it and said the wheels would go out within a few days.
Around the 12th I emailed him to find out if the wheels had been shipped since he never sent a tracking number like he said. No reply Around the 14th I called him to find out where the wheels were. No answer.. Then on the 15th a guy by the name of Andrew answered Billys cell phone and said he would check into it and have Billy contact me the next morning. Didn't hear from anyone so I called around lunchtime. Billy answered and said there was a mix up with my order and my wheels got sent to powered coating. Then said he would get another set out to me and call me the next day with a tracking number. Again, nothing.... So I called him the 18th and the 19th.. No answer and no replies to emails. On the 20th I sent him a polite email asking what was going on. At the ned of the email I stated: "Please dont make me have to take other actions."... Got a reply the next morning telling me to hold on and please dont send threating emails. He then went on about how they have 300-400 orders going out a day and that it was a simple mistake... Then a$$ured me he would check into it once I sent him all my info so he could check on my order... After that I received nothing yet again.... And since then I have had no replies from him and he wont answer his phone...

I looked on the net and found a few phone numbers for him. Even called his parents house yesterday. I just asked if they knew where he was and if they could give me his work number. I think I spoke to his Mom... She only gave me his cell which I already had...

I sent sent Billy a US Postal money Order for $322.15.. And I received nothing. So I am asking for your help..

The phone numbers I have for him are:

1-662-466-1881 Cell
1-662-455-5179 Home

His home address is:

1104 Poplar Street
Greenwood, MS 38930

His email address is: krukedwayz4x4@bellsouth.net
and I found an alternative email for him at CLICK HERE which is billy@chrisalford.net

His Ebay ID is: krukedwayz4x4
And his Ebay about me page is here: CLICK HERE

The one number listed on the about me page that is 662-392-0958 is supposedly not his anymore according to the lady that answered on the 18th...

Will be filing a Mail Fraud Complaint soon and will be getting the US Postal Service involved..

I would appreciate any help you can give!! And want to warn everyone about dealing with Billy Rickles!!!!!

P.S. I left out the parents number since they aren't invovled but you can find it easily on att.com/directory

Thanks!
Mike

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
DUDE,   you sent a Money order to a guy  who's  handle and email is  kruked wayz  4x4@bellsouth.net         :slap:

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
I was thinking the same thing!  I'm always leary on online dealings!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
I was thinking the same thing!  I'm always leary on online dealings!

im not too leary of online dealings, but... his login name is krukedwayz!
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
You never have to be afraid of online deals, just who your dealing with. Pay through paypal or your credit cards only, you can cancel the purchase if they accept credit cards and paypal will also refund your purchase within certain limits.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
You never have to be afraid of online deals, just who your dealing with. Pay through paypal or your credit cards only, you can cancel the purchase if they accept credit cards and paypal will also refund your purchase within certain limits.
I have heard alot of horror stories about people getting refunded from paypal......  check out this entire website devoted to it...  paypalsucks.com

Credit card companies have much better fraud protection
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Paypal will refund any purchase to a certain amount and then yes you'd be on your own, but remember you still used a credit card for a paypal purchase and reguardless of what they may say when you cancel that purchase they have to play by the same rules with any credit card purcahase.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Krylon [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '04
  • Yota'n
    • View Profile
I was a little leary at first, but he seemd to be legit.  From now on I am only using Paypal...  :(
Mike

88stewy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 79
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
That sucks krylon!!!  It is these type of transactions that screw it up and make it harder for the trustworthy folks to do business, not to mention your frustration continues to build!!!!  With the way it is going, one day you won't be able to trust anybody unless they have a nationwide / global name attached to them. aka: VISA!!!!!
You only get one chance at this life, be a participant not a spectator.

Sweet Jane

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 10
  • Female Posts: 81
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Nuts... "They're what's for dinner!"
    • View Profile
I was a little leary at first, but he seemd to be legit.  From now on I am only using Paypal...  :(

Did you report him to Ebay for making an offsite deal?
Also look a little closer at this page -
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=krukedwayz4x4

It says he's trying to move to Fla and also that he is a disabled vet.
Yes it could be all BS.. but it could also give you his address (if he is recieving payments thru a Gov agancy)
Have you tried contacting "Bounty1' or 'CMF' on PBB? Those 2 can dig up amazing amounts of info on people!

.... zippity doo dah... zippity eh?

Krylon [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '04
  • Yota'n
    • View Profile
Well it has finally happened!  After 5 months of waiting, I have received 4 out of the 5 wheels I ordered. Although it took contacting the Missouri Attorney Generals office and getting their Cyber Crime division involved.

Have contacted them again as I ordered 5 and only received 4, so they will be working on getting me the 5th wheel...

And now since i posted my experience with guy on message forums, he is threatening to sue me for Libel, Slander, Defirmation of Character.  :shaking:
Mike

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
Congatulations, well done.
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
If he was worried about his character, you think he would have done something to take care of the situation.

Liars an cheats don't have any rights as far as I am concerned.

Just state the facts and you won't get in any trouble.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
Your perseverance and patience has paid off. Let others learn from this.

Good job  :beerchug:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle: