Author Topic: questions for people running 51" toyota rears up front  (Read 2671 times)

yota-tota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 17
  • Male Posts: 232
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
questions for people running 51" toyota rears up front
« on: Jul 30, 2006, 12:15:07 PM »
For those running the 3gen rears up front do the bannana type shackles clear the body mount with the shackle tubes between the body mount? i was thinking on swapping out my 48's for my 51's when i put some f-150's in the rear.

91 toy truggy on h2 injection, hacked n chopped n locked n SAS'd rolling 36" IROKS........doubler comming soon

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
I dont think they will unless you move your front hanger a ways foward.  I'm gonna throw some in mine but move my hanger way forward

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
ya that's what i figured but i really didn't want to cut my existing hanger off but i guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do  :flamer:

But if i going to make up a new one it would be somthing like this instead of the plain 2x2 or 2x3 hangers

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2006, 04:36:06 AM by yota-tota »
91 toy truggy on h2 injection, hacked n chopped n locked n SAS'd rolling 36" IROKS........doubler comming soon

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
whats wrong with jsut leaving your old 48s up front?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
well when i picked up the set of 48 's i'm using i ending up with two springs and the truck doesn't sit level becuase of it, not a big deal but i don't like it. So since i have to swap out my rear springs for a set of f-150's anyways i'd like to be able to use my rear pack up front instead of buying another set of 48" rears for $100.00.

sof'indetermined

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 112
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
dont know if this helps but i just made a new spot for the shackle to bolt on a little farther back, it still moves the axle forward a bunch. i got those banana shackles thinking it would help in the begining but they are not nearly enough. i put the hole in the frame right behind the body mount works good. my spring hanger is about an inch forward of where they intended it to be when i did the swap too.
83 yota that wheels
04 wrx wagon that hauls butt
assorted crap that mostly doesnt do anything

AlaskaToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '02
  • Alien Containment
    • View Profile
I run 51" up front on my 93.  front hanger is an AP unit that I dropped 2 more inches and mooved forward an additional 3.5 inches.  Shackles are in the same place as when originally installed with my AP SAS and AP 47" springs.  AP SAS setup moves axle forward 1.5".  That, plus the additonal 3.5" extension I added moves the axle forward about 5" total from stock.  My writup is in this forum somwhere.
1-ton Toy