Author Topic: Truggy-style!  (Read 3326 times)

8Snaces

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 396
  • Member since Apr '06
  • The krawler in H.H. over New Years.
    • View Profile
Truggy-style!
« on: May 26, 2006, 02:55:11 AM »
:attention: I have decided to start a different project. For those that were following the idea that i had about SAS'ing my S-10, heres the change. 1986 Runner that is not long for this world. its goin to become a truggy!! It was rolled b4 and is currently gutted. I will be picking this thing up on monday and start to assess the damage. Look back for more info after the holiday weekend! :beer: :beerchug:
1st gen yota truck. 37x12.5x15. 5spd dual cases, chevy springs in rear, toyota rears springs in front. Long bed....the list never ends..
Dont try to shift into 6th when u've only got a 5spd! Rubberside down doesnt always mean rite side up!

8Snaces [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
Re: Truggy-style!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 05:51:35 PM »
I spoke with the owner of the 86 runner. i will be picking up on sat becuz he is in alaska til tues. he was gonna try to be home on tonite..but that wasnt in the cards. so.. i will post again with pics next weekend.
1st gen yota truck. 37x12.5x15. 5spd dual cases, chevy springs in rear, toyota rears springs in front. Long bed....the list never ends..
Dont try to shift into 6th when u've only got a 5spd! Rubberside down doesnt always mean rite side up!

8Snaces [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 03:09:14 AM »
I have a set of 32x11.5x15 BFG Mud-terrains ready to go onto the rims this week.... i now have wheels.... just need axles/trans/tcase/motor.....its a slow start. Does anyone have any color schemes that they would like to share.... i want to run a CAT Yellow exo.... im still trying to think of what color the body (what little there will be of it) should be.

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 05:13:03 PM »
:thumbs:  cool I'm in.  I was looking in the other thread..     

Allright lets see where this thing goes.. 
I like to Drive!

8Snaces [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2006, 11:35:24 AM »
Ok. So..i got the 4runner home on Saturday afternoon.. WOW!! its a little worse off than i thought. But all that really means is that its that much less that i have to cut off. My friend took about 30 pics of me unloading in and setting it on stands in the yard. I was supposed to have them in my email this morning.. i will check with her today and see whats up with em! As it sits right now, it has 2 doors, a hood, both fenders, both rear rear panels from the doors to the tail gate but no tail gate is actually there. the is no roof at all... A and B pillar are both cut.... So.. let the games begin.

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2006, 04:52:47 PM »
Ok.... So.. let the games begin.

:flamer:    :flamer:
I like to Drive!

8Snaces [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2006, 02:12:15 AM »
Yes wermz..thats the plan. i need to get axles under it soon.. it needs to leave the yard at the earliest chance.. :outtahere: me and the boss are kinda on ruff terms. :nonono:     :crossed: anyone got a SFA that i can put in the front of an 86 runner?? :dunno:

8Snaces [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »
:attention: How kewl is it to have 1 toyota? Pretty freakin kewl!! But ..how kewl is it to have 2 toyotas!!! :king: LIFE IS GOOD!!!! I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who just found a complete 84 ext cab in working order...minus a blown motor... complete axles, trans/tcase, etc.. I think that things are startin to look up!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :beer: :beerchug:

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2006, 05:03:03 PM »
You gotta give us a picture or two. :wave:
 :worthless:
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

8Snaces [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2006, 03:31:22 PM »
Yes.. this is very true Shoyrrt. Im goin down to pick up the 2nd one this weekend and bringing my own camera ..im tired of relying on other people to take pics and send them to me... ARGH!! I will post up pics next week or sunday nite.... we will see.

8Snaces [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2006, 02:11:17 PM »
OK! The pics are here..kinda.. I couldnt get them to post on here so i posted them on my myspace thing. Check em out! www.myspace.com/cowboyfarmer I have pics of both the 86 runner and the current 84 project truck.