Author Topic: Long HOT Summer!!  (Read 7200 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Long HOT Summer!!
« on: May 15, 2006, 11:35:08 AM »
Well, this is just freaking weird!  It's May and today I get up at 9:30 am and it's 72 degrees outside in the shade!!  Right now it's at 89 degrees! (11:32 am)   Holy, I'm going to be a sweating at work batman!!  It doesn't get this hot on the coast until maybe August but definitely September!  I better stock up on ice cold beer!!  :beer:  Especially, when we go to Calif in July for Dusy!   

Stay cool guys! 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Long HOT Summer!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 01:31:01 PM »
I'm LOVIN it! :greengrin: Summer time is my favorite :love:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

yodaboy4life

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 109
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:41:42 PM »
yea i woke up this moring at 11:30 and it was like 80 out and my a/c in my truck dont work ergg it is going to be a long hot summer if it is hot already like this anything past 78 or 80 is way to hot for me
give me some duct tape some zip ties a welder and a tourch and ill do some tinkerin

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 01:48:39 PM »
uggggh. saint louis summers are the worst! 100* temps and 90 plus % humidity.....  No AC in truck = bad. I drove to work last summer everyday ½ nekkid on the highway (even though it's longer) or took shady streets thru the city. Don't drive unless absolutely necessary. UNFRIGGINBEARABLE!!!!!  :rant:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 01:57:42 PM »
I hate summer!  I think I'm going to call in :sick:  I dont mind the day heat, but when its night, and you can't sleep, cause you're so hot, it sucks!!! 

I just wish allergy season would hurry up and get over :down:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 02:07:11 PM »
2:00 pm and it's now 96.4 degrees!  I'm really not looking forward to work!  It's going to be hot and steamy in there!  They claim they have a new heating and clooing system on the roof, but it blows cold in the winter and hot in the summer!  When the equipment is washing, the heat exchangers keep the water at 165 degrees.  So, the metal of everything is radiating heat!  Then start hosing equipment off adds the steam!! :thud:

This is not normal for our area!  Usually, you use a/c to cool down the interior of your rig after it's been sitting the sun!  Don't get me wrong, I love summer.  Nothing like sitting in the pool or the river drinking beer and soaking it all up!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 02:08:52 PM »

:therethere:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 02:15:16 PM »

Nothing like sitting in the pool or the river drinking beer and soaking it all up!

:yesnod: uh-huh. that's the only thing that makes it bearable... :beer:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 02:23:28 PM »
:yesnod: uh-huh. that's the only thing that makes it beerable... :beer:

:thumbs: :rofl:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 02:24:16 PM »
I hate summer!  I think I'm going to call in :sick:  I dont mind the day heat, but when its night, and you can't sleep, cause you're so hot, it sucks!!! 
Three words: Central Air Conditioning.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 02:32:50 PM »
:yesnod: uh-huh. that's the only thing that makes it beerable... :beer:

um, yea, that's what i meant ffc! :hahaha:
RIP KYOTA

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 162
  • Male Posts: 493
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Living life in Gods county
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 02:36:47 PM »
It is 91 here in Newberg, but I'm about to head to work  :thumbs: I like going to work when it is hot out because I work in a cooler that is 37 degree's.  Only bad thing about that it going outside at break, then it feels way hotter.
1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re 5spd transmission and dual transfer cases (4.7’s in the rear). E-lockers front and rear.

2005 GMC Sierra diesel, compound turbo setup to pull.

God gave all people talents but the only one who can find them is you.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 02:57:35 PM »
um, yea, that's what i meant ffc! :hahaha:

:yupyup:

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 05:40:03 PM »

I like AC  8) unless I get stuck on the roof working on one or all  :tantrum: of them when the customer complains about it being 80* down stairs and doesn't realize it is like 140* on the roof.

They usually only have one ac out, but want all of them looked at for good measure.  :thud:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 07:42:42 PM »

HA! 

The A/C in the lab don't work, but it wouldn't do any good anyway, with the bay door open :smack:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 07:43:11 PM »
It was about 1000* in the steel shop today.  I sweating so much.  Wearing dickies pants, work boots and a t-shirt with welders going all over the place.  I looking forward to another day at work there tomarrow, suppose to be hotter.

TrikeKid

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 782
  • Male Posts: 165
  • Member since Jan '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 09:16:13 PM »
I damn near melted today. I bout passed out helping my dad put in fence posts. Why can't we go back to 60 and clouds?
85 Xtra-Cab- stuff and things.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 11:14:23 PM »

Lucky you if you have an off season!  I pretty much have to deal with it year round anymore, going from my cold weather runny nose when it cools off to my sneezing and constant runny nose the day it goes from 35 and raining to 90 and hot.  I should take a pic of the yellow film on the lake and show you.  My battery room is about 100' from shore, and if I leave the door open during the day there's a layer of pollen on all the batteries.  Good times.  Heat doesn't bother me so much though, as long as I'm out in it.  Once it gets in the 90s it pretty much feels the same to me up till 110 or more, and I don't often know by feeling if it's hotter than usual, but I can tell by how much I sweat.  Nothing better than cleaning your sunglasses 10 times a day cause sweat flicks off your eyelashes onto the lense.  I like it though, cause heat brings out the bikini clad ladies, and alchohol brings out the fool in bikini clad ladies.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 11:20:02 PM »
Lucky you if you have an off season!  I pretty much have to deal with it year round anymore, going from my cold weather runny nose when it cools off to my sneezing and constant runny nose the day it goes from 35 and raining to 90 and hot.  I should take a pic of the yellow film on the lake and show you.  My battery room is about 100' from shore, and if I leave the door open during the day there's a layer of pollen on all the batteries.  Good times.  Heat doesn't bother me so much though, as long as I'm out in it.  Once it gets in the 90s it pretty much feels the same to me up till 110 or more, and I don't often know by feeling if it's hotter than usual, but I can tell by how much I sweat.  Nothing better than cleaning your sunglasses 10 times a day cause sweat flicks off your eyelashes onto the lense.  I like it though, cause heat brings out the bikini clad ladies, and alchohol brings out the fool in bikini clad ladies.
:therethere: I think we should move this thread here. haha :inthedark:  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=16527.0
RIP KYOTA

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 12:33:45 AM »
Well, this is the offical high for us!  It was 93 degrees on the vats at work with the ventilation blowing on the temp sensor!  My wife took this pic right after she saw it say 99 degrees!

Right now I'm sucking down a cold  :beer:!

chevyLUVtoyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 60
  • Male Posts: 489
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 08:03:40 AM »
it was 99 at the lake last night

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 10:05:27 AM »
I honestly have no idea how hot it was yesterday, just that everybody kept griping about it at work. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 02:03:32 PM »
It's been raining all day and is currently 68* in sunny FL!!!  BRRRRRRR ( * Y * )
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 02:10:39 PM »
COOL!
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 03:39:52 PM »
it got to be 92* in the lab I work in today.  That was with a fan going, and the bay door open.  :maddest: A/C is broken!!

Molten sulfur fumes+heat+ no circulation= :sick: blackdog  :down:

-Ronald Reagan

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 03:56:17 PM »
I worked in a place making fiberglass showers for 2 months during the winter once, had 2 big fans going too.  It was usually 5-10 degrees cooler inside than out, but I can't imagine how hot it had to be in the summers!
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 04:16:53 PM »
It's been raining all day and is currently 68* in sunny FL!!!                                        BRRRRRRR     ( * Y * )

Man...those are young 'uns. Look at how the asterisks still point up!!!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 04:19:40 PM »
I don't think it has broken 100 here...yet. Except in my garage. I could slow cook a roast out there.

We have some clouds coming in...it might actually rain! We've been dry as a nun's nasty this year!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 04:49:26 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 08:09:22 PM »
right now its been cool out here in midland (this past week), hasnt gotten over 80 degrees, normally around 90-100 at this time. winter was warm though, average temp of 80+ degrees during winter, then in spring we got average temp of 35-50 degrees. screwed up west texas.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 10:00:16 PM »
Finally went out at about 7:45 to work on the motorbike, and it was nice outside.  Mosquitos thought I was their smorgesborg, but I got done with what I needed to, even if I had to take it apart again when I was 95% done cause I didn't adjust something right.  It's pretty nice out there right now.  One of the good things about working the late shift in the summer is the temps usually reach a nicer level when I get off, but I usually have to the house down for about an hour after getting home.
RIP KYOTA