Author Topic: what u think bout  (Read 2118 times)

yodaboy4life

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 109
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
    • myspace
what u think bout
« on: Apr 26, 2006, 10:51:32 PM »
hey guys lets hear what you think about boggers im thinkin about buyin some from my buddy how the do? :usa:
give me some duct tape some zip ties a welder and a tourch and ill do some tinkerin

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
Re: what u think bout
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2006, 10:57:33 PM »
In straight mud, they do well. If you try to hold a side will, don't hold your breath. If you cut them they will do okay, but they're not the best out there. Plus they wear on the road like human flesh.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2006, 11:46:43 PM »
As far as wear, they wear just as fast as a TSL, and an Irok, they are way louder and gain flat spots like a mother.  In the rain, you will slide all over, unless you get them sipped.

Boggers are my favorite tire.  I have thought of running a different tire but i just don't want to lose the level of performance they give for balls out traction.  Some call them axle breakers because they hook up so well.  My boggers are cut, and a cut bogger will perform much better that a regular bogger.  It allows the tire to flex more, gives you more side bit which helps your side hilling, and it makes a huge difference.  It also allows the tire to run cool on hotter days, and let water escape so you dot slide all over the road as bad when it is wet.  It does take some skill to wheel with boggers, sidehilling is an issue you will have to work around, and when you get stuck, you have to let off the gas or you will berry yourself.  Wheeling with boggers in the snow is tricky as well, all they want to do is dig, if you are not going forward you are going down.  When ever you ride in a truck that has boggers, you will know it, because they hook up and go so well it is ridiculous.  I have never seen or felt a tire hook up like a bogger.

I personally think of it this way, unless you plan on dropping the sport 4-wheeling after your first set of tires, just buy something you like and then you'll know.  It wont be the last set of tires you run, so experiment, there is nothing wrong with that, you have a life time to try all the tire out there just pick one and hammer down.

Boggers are serious :pokinit: kicking tires, I would recommend them because I like them, but our wheeling styles are probably not the same, as well as our terrain.  If you don't plan on cutting them you may be disappointed, I am not a huge rockcrawling fan, I like tight trails, mud holes, steep hill climbs, and tearing the hell out of the ground, and thats what boggers do best.  Let us know what you decide on.  :thumbs:

crapyota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -125
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • www.nw-wheelers.com
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2006, 12:34:58 AM »
all i can say is for the tight trails with gnarly tree roots and deep mud that i wheel in, i dont see myself buying any other tire. i see guys with evrey tire out there ,but just seems like i can crawl thru everything with out the amount of throttle they are pushing. i found if you start to lose momentum they will just dig and tear until they get traction back or you let off(i have dug down so deep before that when i was done my buddies couldnt even go thru with the tsl's they run i turned around and still made it.
i am stuck with boggers for awhile one of the best. and x2 on whitemans statements every tire has its plus and minus spots.  but i dd my rig and havnt had probs in the rain but they didnt like the snow.
88-4runner 35 boggers,5.29s,locked in rear. finally got a sas!!!! pics at photobucket(crapyota)
checkout www.nw-wheelers.com

yodaboy4life [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2006, 10:34:29 PM »
thanks guy for all your help i will for sure tell u what ill do SO how wold u cut them with like a razor or what???? that make some since i think I'm going to run them for a while all my Buddy's have them around her and we ant got muck rock but we do have trails and mud up the a$$ and some snow if you get up out of the valley SO ill let u know around this weekend what I'm doing with it i hope the wont mess anything up with flexing and hittin the fender wells ? there 33 14.00 SO who know i also have a 3 inch body and a add a leaf and soon to be a shackle lift the same day i buy the tires SO i hope it will not make a diff with the being as wide as they are but much appreciated with your input on this one guys i love this form it is soooo much help
give me some duct tape some zip ties a welder and a tourch and ill do some tinkerin

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2006, 10:40:30 PM »
you dont sipe tires with a razor, you buy a tire groving iron.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2006, 10:57:06 PM »
I dont think you'll be cutting any tires with a razor, you need a hot knife to cut tires, and when I mean cut, I mean cut like this.  These are my 35x14.5's  :cool:

crapyota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -125
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • www.nw-wheelers.com
« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2006, 12:14:48 AM »
rich guys with fancy tire groovers :bowdown:... sawzall baby  :gap:the universal tool!!!my boggers are pretty worn but next set are gonna look like whitemans for sure!! :biggthumpup:
88-4runner 35 boggers,5.29s,locked in rear. finally got a sas!!!! pics at photobucket(crapyota)
checkout www.nw-wheelers.com

yodaboy4life [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: Apr 29, 2006, 12:29:03 AM »
four sure i like that it looks sick