Author Topic: Do they make campers for a 80 yota shortbox pickup  (Read 1991 times)

Doc Holiday

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
Do they make campers for a 80 yota shortbox pickup
« on: Apr 22, 2006, 07:46:52 PM »
i was wondering if they made campers for a 1980 toyota 4x4 short box, and if so what size should i look for.

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
its probably going to hard to find a nice one, considering an 80 is now 26 years old..... but i have seen qutie a few around here.... i was going to get a shell for my truck, but i would have to custom make it as my truck has a 5 foot bed because its bobbed
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Are you just refering to a shell or a slide-in camper? Either one is still available, if it's a shell your looking for any of the top places will be able to fix you up. If you are looking for a slide-in/cab-over you'd be looking for a 6ft. mini truck model.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Doc Holiday [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
ya thats what i want a slide in camper , the one where the sleeper extends over the roof of the truck.
Thanks!!!

Vic stuff

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 172
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
    • View Profile
    • XT Offroad
you can still find em(slide ins that is), just gotta do some lookin, make sure you measure the width between your wheel wells and the height from your bed floor to the top of the rails so you get one that actually fits!
84 4Runner - 37's, Locked F/R, 4:1 (single), Cab exo, new front bumper and some more tubage coming soon! Currently parked with a blown motor :(

05 Explorer - The Wife Mobile

04 Chevy Silverado - Towrig/DD

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
ya thats what i want a slide in camper , the one where the sleeper extends over the roof of the truck.
Thanks!!!

I had one, actually 2 at one point. Used to take it all over the place, but I was on 33's with 4 inches of lift it was quite a sight with as high up as it was. It's also real interesting to remove from those heights with those standard issue crank jacks. It would get real wobbley with them extended all the way out.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way