Author Topic: newbie 2 codes?  (Read 1576 times)

crapyota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -125
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • www.nw-wheelers.com
newbie 2 codes?
« on: Apr 18, 2006, 01:58:47 PM »
to start off i want to say my truck runs good ,feels like all the hamsters are running at their best pace.
so i just did a tune up new plugs, wires,cap,and rotor. i set the timing after figuring out the jumper thing on the diagnostics port(t-e1)and its set at about 6 degrees nothing fancy. but after reading all this about the check engine light flashing gives you codes, i thought i would try it out.. what i found was the check engine light flashed then a pause then 4 flashes a pause 4 more flashes then a short pause and 3 flashes. I'm new to all this efi and diagnostic ports(give me my big block and a carb and i can tune it sweet!). so should i be worried? the thing runs good like i stated and i have looked these up a little and it says stuff like no starter signal or ign. signal. just trying to stop a problem before it becomes a big one i guess. or am i just worried for nothing.   
                                                 thanks
                                                         Bill
88-4runner 35 boggers,5.29s,locked in rear. finally got a sas!!!! pics at photobucket(crapyota)
checkout www.nw-wheelers.com

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: newbie 2 codes?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2006, 02:29:38 PM »
v6 or 4banger?  I'm not sure if it matters. IF it is running fine, try pulling the battery neg. cable, and then putting it back on in 5 minutes or so.  This clears the codes that may ave registered while you were doing the repairs :thumbs:  then see what it flashes.  If it flashes once every few seconds, steadily, then that means all systems are normal
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

crapyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • www.nw-wheelers.com
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2006, 05:52:54 PM »
 :cool:thanks i will undo battery for a few and see what she does. and sorry about not saying but it is the 22re :smack:.
88-4runner 35 boggers,5.29s,locked in rear. finally got a sas!!!! pics at photobucket(crapyota)

crapyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • www.nw-wheelers.com
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2006, 10:42:04 PM »
 :maddest: :rivers: so i went out to unhook my battery and my radiator was leaking :wall: :censored: looks like i know what im doing tomorrow.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2006, 04:19:31 PM »
:maddest: :rivers: so i went out to unhook my battery and my radiator was leaking :wall: :censored: looks like i know what im doing tomorrow.
:therethere:  bummer dude
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

crapyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • www.nw-wheelers.com
« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2006, 01:22:22 AM »
so i did my radiator today($120 performance radiators), and made up a new mount for my battery. hooked battery back up and the check engine light just blinked at me constantly. :thumbs:so everything is a ok. thanks guys for input.