Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 3121 times)

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
Quick question
« on: Apr 10, 2006, 05:22:40 PM »
I need to convert a forward shift case to top shift (I have both), can't find anything in search, can someone exlpain or post a link? Thanks :beerchug: :thumbs:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2006, 06:40:26 PM »
Tice,
I thought Marlin had a link in the tech section...I couldn't find it. I looked in the FAQ on PBB and found a little bit. I kind of remember talking to Marlin and him saying that you just had to swap the shift rods.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459180

Mark
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Tice [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2006, 07:28:58 PM »
Thanks Mark, I thought I saw something too.    :beerchug:

www.wheelingarizona.com

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2006, 07:34:42 PM »
Thanks Mark, I thought I saw something too.    :beerchug:

The more I think about it, the more I recall him saying they had a kit to make the change.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2006, 07:41:15 PM »
Well, a wise man once told me "you gotta be tough, if you're stupid". Here's a link...http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/transfercase/tcase_ac.htm
Mark

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Tice [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2006, 11:02:35 PM »
Well, a wise man once told me "you gotta be tough, if you're stupid". Here's a link...http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/transfercase/tcase_ac.htm
Mark

I better start working out them!!!!! :muscles: I just got done pulling the shift rails outa the top shift case, every thing looks the same as the forward shift case, so I should be good. :thumbs: I hope!!! :gap:

www.wheelingarizona.com

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2006, 08:11:19 AM »

I better start working out them!!!!! :muscles: I just got done pulling the shift rails outa the top shift case, every thing looks the same as the forward shift case, so I should be good. :thumbs: I hope!!! :gap:

I was talking about me!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Tice [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2006, 08:32:56 AM »

www.wheelingarizona.com

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2006, 02:09:13 PM »
I was talking about me!

Case in point...I'm ready after like 2 years of having my gears and adapter to finally install them. So, being the anal retentive that I am, I search and read and print out and search and read and print out, etc. Well, I'm about half way through the job and I look in the manila envelope Marlin and the boys were so kind to include with my parts...and along with a few gaskets what do I find? INSTRUCTIONS!!!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Stump

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2006, 03:56:40 PM »
Here is a really stupid question.......What do you mean foward shift or top shift t-case. I have a 1982 pickup..well i guess you can call it a pickup. I would guess it is top shift. What is a forward shift....or is mine a foward shift? I have no clue???
1982 Toyota 4x4. Fuel injected 22R, four linked rear, 5" front springs, full exo cage, 35" Xterrian's, locked front and rear. Superwinch EPi 9000 in front, Superwinch GP 3000 in rear. Man.....this dog will hunt!!!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2006, 04:14:22 PM »
Here is a really stupid question.......What do you mean foward shift or top shift t-case. I have a 1982 pickup..well i guess you can call it a pickup. I would guess it is top shift. What is a forward shift....or is mine a foward shift? I have no clue???

Follow the link I posted above to the PBB FAQ post. About 3/4 of the way down (it's alphabetized, under transfer case) there are 2 pictures. The top pic is of a top shifting case, the other pic is of a fwd shifting case. I presume they're called that way because the fwd shifting case has the t-case shifter mounted fwd of the t-case...in the transmission and the top shifting case has the shifter mount atop the t-case.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 11, 2006, 04:25:39 PM »

According to this...
http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/transfercase/tcaseinfo.htm
yours came with a top shift case.

Make sense?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Stump

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 06:06:33 PM »
Thanks. Sorry it took so long to reply, I've been very busy latley
1982 Toyota 4x4. Fuel injected 22R, four linked rear, 5" front springs, full exo cage, 35" Xterrian's, locked front and rear. Superwinch EPi 9000 in front, Superwinch GP 3000 in rear. Man.....this dog will hunt!!!