Author Topic: Can't stop the water  (Read 6792 times)

YOguyDa

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 160
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Beer
    • View Profile
Re: Can't stop the water
« Reply #30 on: Apr 04, 2006, 11:38:20 AM »
Rust hole?
'86 2wd now...

N.S.Runner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 37
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Apr 04, 2006, 11:41:27 AM »
Yep, Rust hole not very big but leaked alot of water.

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -53
  • Male Posts: 208
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Apr 04, 2006, 12:17:33 PM »
on 79-83's there are vents that go into the cowl area of the truck behind the dash, sometimes they have straight through vents, and sometimes they are just plugged, if the plugs are gone, they could be leaking.
 another thing is the winsheild. take a caulk gun with a tube of windowthane. cut the very tip off the tube, so you have a small hole, now stick the tip of the tube under the edge of the windsheild gasket and seal the whole thing. wipe off any that may have gotten onto the paint after you are done, and wait for it to dry. shouldn't leak anymore.
or call a glass installer and have him replace the windshield gasket, and have him seal it the rest of the way with the windowthane.

CrazyYota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 92
  • Male Posts: 1,073
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Apr 04, 2006, 04:30:14 PM »
on 79-83's there are vents that go into the cowl area of the truck behind the dash, sometimes they have straight through vents, and sometimes they are just plugged, if the plugs are gone, they could be leaking.
 another thing is the winsheild. take a caulk gun with a tube of windowthane. cut the very tip off the tube, so you have a small hole, now stick the tip of the tube under the edge of the windsheild gasket and seal the whole thing. wipe off any that may have gotten onto the paint after you are done, and wait for it to dry. shouldn't leak anymore.
or call a glass installer and have him replace the windshield gasket, and have him seal it the rest of the way with the windowthane.
I used a caulk guy on my 83 :yesnod: getto
>Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

YOguyDa

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 160
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Apr 04, 2006, 09:13:08 PM »
Yeah, i still need to caulk my windshield....it was pouring today, so i went and checked for leaks and found at least a 1/4" of water in the passenger side floorboard. It was leaking right at the bottom corner. New gasket and windshield, but i guess they caulked it from the factory for a reason.... gotta wait for some good weather. Im sure glad its a toyota...if it was anything else, im sure it would have eletrical problems amongst many other issues.
'86 2wd now...

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Apr 04, 2006, 09:21:30 PM »
mine leaks from the window seal on the passenger side corner although it also leaks at the top of the door but theres about a 3/8 in gap between the door frame and the top of the cab i dont think you have that problem

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #36 on: Apr 04, 2006, 09:35:48 PM »
The other day I decided to reseal the seams on my windshield, it would leak through a gap in the seam that develops from age. Well it has been pouring here all day and I ain't got no stinking leaks.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

8D3TOY [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:00:31 PM »
How and with what?  I have not done anything really yet just re attached a small hose from the heater box and it has been raining heavily,so I go out and look and the floorboard is dry as a bone!  Go figure.  I assume you used silicone, my seal actually looks great if you can tell by looking.  This is just more annoying than being an actual problem but I would like to get started on the interior and keep it dry after.  Thanks for the reply.

8D3TOY [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:11:16 PM »

I didn't read everything, I will look for these in the morning, I really don't think its my windsheild but I really don't have a clue. But I do now everyone has been really helpful thanks!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #39 on: Apr 06, 2006, 12:50:29 AM »
 :yesnod: Just some black silicone, my truck leaks around the windshield and only at the seams that have seperated. So I dab some on my finger and fill them in. Once dry it lasts for about a year before I get another little leak and then just put another layer over the old one.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you