Author Topic: DTB's ANGRY TREE HUGGER (Now pulling an angry pop up camper)  (Read 290680 times)

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
The kit sounds like a deal for $100.  :thumbs: Just buy the "super white" option and not the the "seven color" option to avoid the bling tag. ;)
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
The kit sounds like a deal for $100.  :thumbs: Just buy the "super white" option and not the the "seven color" option to avoid the bling tag. ;)

im guna get the seven color :disturbed: for the ladie attractant.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 2,363
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
im guna get the seven color :disturbed: for the ladie attractant.

Maybe a shower and a hair cut would be a better use of your 100bucks if your lookin for the ladies!!!    LOL  I wonder how those would hold up with being submerged...
Life is too short!!!   Do something with it!!!

WILLYNILLY
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=23944.new#new

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
Maybe a shower and a hair cut would be a better use of your 100bucks if your lookin for the ladies!!!    LOL  I wonder how those would hold up with being submerged...

actually i got a haircut last night :rofl:

and its import haven in my town.
ladies jump on bling yotas lol
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
actually i got a haircut last night :rofl:

and its import haven in my town.
ladies jump on bling yotas lol

We call them "truck very *friendly* persons" around here

Sometimes you can even see the progression, stocker with bling, to the truck with 32s, to 35s  oh now she is dating the guy with 37s....next week it will be the dude with the 40s..nope he got the shaft shes going for the big rubber....44s...lol
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Jud

• Scumbaggin
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -261
  • Male Posts: 3,067
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Gettin it since 1990
    • View Profile

Where can you buy those? I want some  :bling:   lights! Do they flash?
One Ton Single Cab  - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48229

"bout tree fiddy"

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Shaffer's Offroad:

Each aluminum pod contains 15, 5mm L.E.Ds, making a total L.E.D. count of 120 for all 8 pods making Tantrum the brightest LED strobe system on the market. Tantrum’s strobe pods are waterproof allowing the end user to place them on the outside of the vehicle, not relying on another housing to mount them in like a conventional strobe system making them more visible. These pods can even be mounted underneath the vehicle or inside the passenger area for the recreational user. Tantrum’s master controller varies speed and pattern to fit the user’s needs or LEDs can be left on a solid color. Another feature for the recreational user is it’s built in microphone for interfacing a vehicle’s stereo system to control the tempo of the lights. Included wireless remote control can activate Tantrum from up to 1000 feet, with 4 buttons controlling all of its features. Colors available are be super white, blue, red, amber, green, purple and 7 color changing.

http://shaffersoffroad.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=79_281&products_id=797
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Jud

• Scumbaggin
  • Turtle Points: -261
  • Male Posts: 3,067
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Gettin it since 1990
    • View Profile
One Ton Single Cab  - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48229

"bout tree fiddy"

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
We call them "truck very *friendly* persons" around here

Sometimes you can even see the progression, stocker with bling, to the truck with 32s, to 35s  oh now she is dating the guy with 37s....next week it will be the dude with the 40s..nope he got the shaft shes going for the big rubber....44s...lol

:rofl2: :rofl: :haha:

thats great. i still out wheel the kid with a 7in IFS lift, stock motor, gears, and 44s.. i'll win that b*tch back when he is still at the bottom of the trial :disturbed:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

jedrattle

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 333
  • Member since Apr '06
  • RockBrawlers SoCal
    • View Profile
`87 runner....it was stock....now sas'd, 37's, duals, geared/ locked, 10in bob, half doors, rock lights. etc., etc.,.........coming soon a 3.4 swap!!!

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39332.0

www.rockbrawlers.com

Doof

• Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
 :rofl2: thats filthy but  :laugh:

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
I just found this fawesome video on my buddy's photobucket!

good times hahahaha
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2007, 03:11:00 PM by DirToyBoy »
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
LOL that was pretty funny...  Gotta admit he took it like a champ!!!   Did you see the vid right after that, the huge mud tractor....  I cant imagine it fitting on any trail but it was fun to look at.

WILLYNILLY

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
LOL that was pretty funny...  Gotta admit he took it like a champ!!!   Did you see the vid right after that, the huge mud tractor....  I cant imagine it fitting on any trail but it was fun to look at.

:rofl: That champ is DTB, looks like you were still IFS in that one.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
Is that in MO dtb?   Way to take the carnage!!!   

WILLYNILLY

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
that was me breakin the mirror haha  :biggthumpup:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
ok, im having some problems with my power steering system....maybe you guys can help me...

-I had a high pressure line that was weeping so I got a new one and decided to replace it....

-never got around to replacing it and my PS pump started making a lot of noise.....

-then i noticed that the reservoir was puking foamy fluid....drained the fluid..there wasnt much and it looked burnt.

-Put new line and a new (used) PS pump, bled it and I'm still getting the same racket from the pump and foamy fluid....it sounds like a bearing with no lubricant

any ideas? Im starting to get angry
RIP KYOTA

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
you must have got some air in there. Did you drill the new pump out for the hydro asstits?
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
If the steering fluid is foamy, you still got air in the system.  Check for leaks.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

Yota4life

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -128
  • Male Posts: 1,461
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Bleed the top of the box then bleed the whole system. Its air causing all that.
88 Toyota Pickup with some stuff...
Build up: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=11133.160

DanS

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 434
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Ok, you've replaced the pump, the lines (one leaking), fluids in the reservoir and if I can remember you installed a cooler.
soooooooooooooooooooooo, don't laugh have you checked the belt tensioner ? Mine was starting to sieze due to some deep water crossings and had the 'bearing needs grease bad' sound and because of metal on metal I had a hard time tracking the sound down, just a thought  :hammerhead:
DanS
Wow, been looking at my 4Runner rust away too long, need some inspiration and here I will find it...!

85 Toyota 4Runner, solid axle, 22Re, original paint and graphics and not a straight panel to be found!

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
you must have got some air in there. Did you drill the new pump out for the hydro asstits?
i thought so...i will try bleeding more ...the first time was easy..

I will also check the belt tensioner...good thinking dan
RIP KYOTA

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
How did you bleed the system?
You gotta jack the front and open the cap and saw the wheel back and forth.  Even when I pulled all my lines and such I got it bled in a few full lock to locks.

Check fittings and such.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

DieselD

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 409
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
I just jacked up the front end and turned the wheels a few times. started up the truck to pump a little fluid then shut it off. turned the tires a few more times then started it back up. attached a vaccum line to the top of the p/s cap for a couple minutes and done.

of course this is all with PSC stuff. I could never get the air out of my drilled stock pump

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
I didnt have a lot of time to mess with it today....I checked and rechecked all my fittings for leaks...didnt see any....restrictor is drilled out...bled the box...cranked the wheel....bled box again...cranked wheel some more....still foamy fluid..the noise (that sounded like a bad bearing) went away..then I set it down off the jackstands onto the tires and tried to turn the wheels....they didnt even move...NO power steering at all that I could tell....the tires and ram all seem to move fine when its up in the air...any ideas? is the lack of steering caused by the foamy fluid? Im thinking I still have an air bubble in there somewhere :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
I didnt have a lot of time to mess with it today....I checked and rechecked all my fittings for leaks...didnt see any....restrictor is drilled out...bled the box...cranked the wheel....bled box again...cranked wheel some more....still foamy fluid..the noise (that sounded like a bad bearing) went away..then I set it down off the jackstands onto the tires and tried to turn the wheels....they didnt even move...NO power steering at all that I could tell....the tires and ram all seem to move fine when its up in the air...any ideas? is the lack of steering caused by the foamy fluid? Im thinking I still have an air bubble in there somewhere :dunno:
  The tires will move real easy in the air, and the ram with it...  If you are low on fluid you could posibly get bubbles.  I know with my hydro setup they told me to fillit all the resivoir all the way up, and crank the wheels till the fluid stops going down.  and if it goes down much fill it up again till it stops...  I dont know if it will work the same for you but it works for mine.

WILLYNILLY

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
  The tires will move real easy in the air, and the ram with it...  If you are low on fluid you could posibly get bubbles.  I know with my hydro setup they told me to fillit all the resivoir all the way up, and crank the wheels till the fluid stops going down.  and if it goes down much fill it up again till it stops...  I dont know if it will work the same for you but it works for mine.
thanks for the tip....that makes sense that a completely full res. would help force fluid down into the system... im about at my wits end with this.... :snare:
RIP KYOTA

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
thanks for the tip....that makes sense that a completely full res. would help force fluid down into the system... im about at my wits end with this.... :snare:

Yea is sucks when ya cant get something to work out like its supposed to!!!  Does your hydro ram have a bleeder? If your runnin hydro assist You should be able to bleed it by crackin the right side hose, and cycleing out any air, and then doing likewise to the other side...

WILLYNILLY